Nand-x not detecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimm69_us

Noob Account
Jun 8, 2010
I am sorry but have messed with this all day. I am including pictures of my soldering for the pro's to look at. I have the drivers installed in the device manager using windows 7 64 bit. They are listed but do not show a location ID. I also installed a 64 bit port 95. Yes, the power cord is plugged in to the jasper 256 meg xbox 360 and not turned on. The brick is showing an orange light as the power cord is plugged into an active outlet.

Two things that are strange. The yellow led has never lit up on the nand programmer only the red one when plugged into the usb port. Also, the computer does not show that any device is plugged in when inserting the usb cord. Some times but not always it will make the bell sound when inserting a usb device but never shows it looking for a driver and does not list in the device manager anywhere.

I also had a jtag wired but took off the wires hoping to isolate the problem.

I have been trying to use Cool Shrimp tool with no luck detecting the nand-x.

Last edited:

jimm69_us

Noob Account
Jun 8, 2010
Sorry, the photos did not show but worked when I did it with Internet Explorer instead of firefox.

Last edited:

jimm69_us

Noob Account
Jun 8, 2010
It does not show up at all. There has never been a time where the computer detected it and asked for anything. I manually installed the device driver through the device manager. It occasionally will ping when I insert the usb cable but never shows that it acknowledges anything plugged in other than the sound and not with any consistency that I have noticed.

jimm69_us

Noob Account
Jun 8, 2010
So does anyone have any advice after looking at the pictures. The solders look good but should I remove them and try pin headers? I also wondered if the yellow LED should light up only when the computer recognizes the nand-x, when the usb is plugged in, or when the xbox is plugged in with the power off. I have never seen the yellow led turn on but the red one comes on when I plug in the usb cable. Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
First of all forget the xbox - installing the drivers and setting up the nandx has nothing to do with soldering or anything else.

You must first get nandx detecting and installed before doing ANYTHING else.

Uninstall anything you have done - then just plug in the nandx - try a diff usb port - it will then ask for drivers - simply use these

http://team-xecuter.com/nandpro_20d_drivers.rar

FYI Red LED is Power. yellow LED is Standby and Ready to read/write. if you dont have Yellow then you have a driver issue. You need to go into device manager and sort that out.

btw your soldering is EXCELLENT - probably the best ive seen from a user of the forums so well done ! (I will say that J1D2 top left looks a bit disconnected - it may be the pic - but double check it)

jimm69_us

Noob Account
Jun 8, 2010
Thank you for the advice. Will try and see what happens and double check the point you mentioned.

jimm69_us

Noob Account
Jun 8, 2010
So I got home from work to tackle this again after a 36 hour shift. I tried everything you said with the drivers, different usb cables, different usb ports, and another computer that was win7 x32 instead of win7 x64 like my machine is.

The computer does not register anything being plugged into a usb port. Same as with the other computer. There is no signal being sent from the nand-x to the computer through the usb cable. The only way I get a sound from the computer I found out was by touching the usb plug to any metal part of my case. You have seen my solders. Everything still works when I turn on the xbox. I also updated the dash to 7371 with no changes. Should I remove this and try a pin header install? Send it somewhere? Try a different NAnd-x? The yellow light has also never came on yet. The red one always comes on when I plug in the usb cable.

Thank you for your help once again.

In my knowledge, whether the Nand-X is connected to the Xbox or not, when you connect it to your PC through the USB cable, the yellow and red lights, both should turn on. The PC then should show it as a "Memory Access" device under the unknown devices tab in the Device Manager. That is where you should select it and install the drivers given for the Nand-X.

jimm69_us

Noob Account
Jun 8, 2010
That seems to be my problem. When I plug it into my computer nothing happens. No listing in the device manager and no indication that it even detects that anything has been plugged in. That is why I wonder if I got the one in a million fluke. The red light comes on but not the yellow also. Same in other computers also. I've tried it hooked up to the xbox and not hooked up also.

Thanks

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
In my knowledge, whether the Nand-X is connected to the Xbox or not, when you connect it to your PC through the USB cable, the yellow and red lights, both should turn on. The PC then should show it as a "Memory Access" device under the unknown devices tab in the Device Manager. That is where you should select it and install the drivers given for the Nand-X.
Correct - if it doesn't do that then you probably have a faulty nand-x and should get it swapped for a new one.

BOCA112

Noob Account
Jan 29, 2011
i'm havin the same problem.
i plug in the nand-x via usb and the red and yellow led is on. but windows doesnt find any new usb device...
so i guess my nand-x is faulty? :(
i already tried with different usb ports and two different pcs...
os is windows 7 32bit & windows 7 64bit. on both the same issue.

Last edited:

jfelding

VIP Member
Feb 9, 2010
Denmark
i plug in the nand-x via usb and the red and yellow led is on. but windows doesnt find any new usb device...
Thats thread hijacking, you didn't really read the posts above and NO.

modmonster

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2009
Cheshire, UK
xboxmods.wordpress.com
While I appreciate you have done an amount of searching to find someone with an issue similar to yours, you didn't read the Forum Rules which clearly state no hijacking of someone else thread.
24 hour ban. Read the rules and come back tomorrow and if you can't find the answer to your problem, which IS, on the forum, start your own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support Our Sponsors