Nand-X X64 Driver issue? "Driver is not intended for this platform"

killah2km

Noob Account
Mar 20, 2006
After a long day of soldering I finally got my Nand x and Jtag installed, I first installed the drivers with no fuss for the nand-x, but later uninstalled them thinking the "DLPortIO.dll"error I got with the jtagtool had something to do with it.

I am now trying to reinstall the driver and I am getting an error stating "Driver is not intended for this platform".

I am using Windows 7 ULT 64bit, it also states that the drivers are not signed when I install them through device manager.

Any Ideas?

[FIX]
1. In Win 7 64bit, Go to "C:\Windows\System32\drivers"
2. rename PTLIBUSB0.SYS to PTLIBUSB0.SYS.old
3. reinstall X- Nand Driver.

Hope this helps someone out there.. I wasted about 7 hrs with this crap.

Last edited:
Although I also Windows 7 Ultimate x64 edition, I did not have any problem installing the Nand-X drivers.

Anyway, its nice you posted this here. Probably will help someone having the same problem.

firebreezeice

Noob Account
Dec 27, 2004
United States
Had the exact same problem. I have messed with it for about an hour before I found your post. Worked perfect after I renamed that file. Thanks a lot man.

Atariwarrior

Nov 27, 2010
USA
After a long day of soldering I finally got my Nand x and Jtag installed, I first installed the drivers with no fuss for the nand-x, but later uninstalled them thinking the "DLPortIO.dll"error I got with the jtagtool had something to do with it.

I am now trying to reinstall the driver and I am getting an error stating "Driver is not intended for this platform".

I am using Windows 7 ULT 64bit, it also states that the drivers are not signed when I install them through device manager.

Any Ideas?

[FIX]
1. In Win 7 64bit, Go to "C:\Windows\System32\drivers"
2. rename PTLIBUSB0.SYS to PTLIBUSB0.SYS.old
3. reinstall X- Nand Driver.

Hope this helps someone out there.. I wasted about 7 hrs with this crap.
THANK YOU! I was stuck on this for 2 hours!

subtorn

Noob Account
Mar 27, 2009
USA
thanks killah2km, about the time i think i'm getting awesome at this there's always some curveball that hits me in the bean-bag. reading through countless posts had me running in circles. back to the beat...