Nands never compare

showstopper

Noob Account
Nov 30, 2011
OK so I am trying to flash my nand (Jasper 16MB using wire install on nand-x) and they all dump with "Error 250 @ block 19". The problem is that they never compare without differences. I have dumped it lots and they all have the block 19 but I never get the "No differences found" message. My multimeter is broke so I have ordered another but I just want to see what people's thoughts are. Reading around it seems to suggest soldering problem.

hodgie

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2011
Southern, VT (usa)
that is normal. as long as its bad in all your dumps
you should read up on Martins giude for remapping bad blocks in the first 50.

---------- Post added at 06:11 ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 ----------

http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76014

are you using cmd prompt? meaning try comparing them maunually in cmd promt

Last edited:

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Make sure first off that the differences are nothing to do with the bad block.

If you have three dumps (nand1.bin, nand2.bin and nand3.bin),

nandpro nand1.bin: -e16 19 1
nandpro nand2.bin: -e16 19 1
nandpro nand3.bin: -e16 19 1

Now compare them and see what happens.

Reactions: showstopper

showstopper

Noob Account
Nov 30, 2011
Thanks guys i will check this out.

I have seen Martin's guide on errors in the first 50 blocks but i was using F1b3rs RGH guide and it seems to suggest that your nands should compare before you try and remap the bad blocks?

showstopper

Noob Account
Nov 30, 2011
Follow my suggestion above and report back.
Thanks Martin.

So I will dump the nand 3 times. Then run the script you have posted above. Then as long as it says no differences found do i still need to follow your guide on errors in the first 50 blocks?

EDIT - If i still have errors after running your script would you think it was a faulty solder?

showstopper

Noob Account
Nov 30, 2011
One step at a time. I have a noobie roadmap sticky for a reason. Do nothing else yet.

You should already have dumps????
LOL just want to get it sorted in my head so I can get on with it tonight.

I have dumps but I was deleting them as i kept resoldering the wires to try and get the dumps to compare. They are all in the recycle bin so i can retrieve them if needed.

Yeah i read your roadmap too but i cant see where it tells you to continue if your nands dont compare. All the guides (i have seen) say to stop until your nands compare correctly.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
It doesn't include it as no part of the roadmap involves you writing to the NAND.

I should probably add it in there TBH.

comparing NANDs via fc is ok but bad blocks can sometimes be bad data. I would try the above first (go with two dumps for now) and if there are still differences, you have a read/write issue which is probably soldering.

showstopper

Noob Account
Nov 30, 2011
OK so i ran the script you posted Martin and then compared the nands (i had 4) with no differences. I open the nanddump with 360 flash tool and i didnt even get the bad blocks tab so i assume all i OK.

So i created my glitch image and flashed it to the nand.
Is this error a problem though:

Do i need to worry about the error 202?
I programmed the coolrunner and then installed it but when i power the xbox up i have the solid red light on the coolrunner and the green light flashes ever 5-7 seconds but the xbox power light just keeps flashing green.

Any ideas please guys?

Last edited:

brett1

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2011
kernow, uk
2. Write the ecc file to your NAND as per normal. You'll get an error writing to one of the blocks. Don't worry about it for now.
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

showstopper

Noob Account
Nov 30, 2011
Seeing as you're reading stickys, see that one in my sig called 'Remapping bad blocks in ECC area'? Yeah, that one.
OK so should I use the NAND that I ran that script on or the original dump before the script? So before the script they werent comparing. After the script they were.

Just to confirm I would then run this:

Nandpro nandecc.bin: -r16 bb1.bin 19 1

Last edited:

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
OK so should I use the NAND that I ran that script on or the original dump before the script? So before the script they werent comparing. After the script they were.

Just to confirm I would then run this:

Nandpro nandecc.bin: -r16 bb1.bin 19 1
There's nothing to 'confirm'.

Follow my sticky if you have bad blocks in the ECC area.

Reactions: Noob.Si.BOT

Support Our Sponsors