NCA folders

damiankitai

Noob Account
Jun 24, 2020
Israel
Hi,
First, let me apologize if my question is to noob or not in the right place. I'm very new to the SX scene
I just finished installing the SX core and os. Installed tinfoil and the sx installer. I have a lot of NCA folders with about 200 gb of files installed from a previous (and failed) bricked atmosphere installation.
Don't have the original NSP or XCI files. Is there a way I can install the games again from the NCA folders? Thanks in advance.

MomZo

Loyal Member
Jul 7, 2020
Vietnam
NCA files are for system updates, not related to games.
Game backups that you can use in SX OS are in different formats: XCI, NSP, NSZ.
If you have 200GB of NCA files on your SD card, you can delete them all, to save some space for your game backups.

damiankitai

Noob Account
Jun 24, 2020
Israel
I'm pretty sure that when you install an nsp the nca files are created in the process. True, NCA files are used in firmware updates, but also in all the installations you do on the switch. The files I talk about are not in my sdcard right now but in a backup I did before I formatted.
I had an atmosphere installation and some dumb "technician" upgraded the firmware, rendering the Ipatched switch useless. So I installed a SX core chip, backed up the sdcard (as is) and formatted it. Now I'd like to reinstall all the games (the gamesaves are lost, I know) without the pain of re-download all the ncp's.