Need help falshing bios? Password protected

thewizard111

Oct 26, 2004
Charleston, WV
I just got my xbox modded by Palmore, he did a great job and he was really fast getting it complete.
I would have done it myself but I am horrible at soldering.

Okay here is what I have. Xbox version 1.6 with X3 installed with original hard drive. All 5 dip switches are set to off. X3 Bios version 1959.

I placed a password on the X3 config page and rebooted the Xbox and the password does not work. I have tried it over and over and it still will not let me pass.

I have the x3_erase file, but I do not know how to use it. Very little information for it.
What can I do to fix this?

Do I need to reflash the bios or format the hard drive? I have the drive backed up so that is not a problem.

Do I load another bios on a different bank? If so, how do I know what bank to flash to? Is the current bios taking up the entire bank since the dip switches are all set to off, enabling the 2MB bios.

I can boot to Slayers CD 2.6 but I do not see a possible file manager to load the X3_erase file. I even tried extracting the ISO and replacing the default.xbe with the x3-erase .xbe file. Hoping it load from the boot cd, this did not work.

Could someone please give me some advice? I have been searching and reading here for several hours with several different possible solutions with no confirmations that they work.

Thanks for any help.

Thewizard111

thewizard111

Oct 26, 2004
Charleston, WV
Here is an update.

I put the dip switches to
1MB Bank
Bank 5678: off on off off

It boots to the Flash bios screen. Some progress finally.
Now can I use the x3 erase file or should I reload the bios. Really confused on the dip switches and how there currect positions affect only the current bank selected or what?

Do I need to set the bank switches to
1MB Bank
Bank 1234: on on off off
While I am in the Flash bios screen to flash the other bank?

DabbaDoo

May 16, 2004
FTP the X3 erase in your E drive or wherever you want it, in your dashboard go to your file manager and run the .xbe in the folder. Then start up your box like normal and the password should be gone.

thewizard111

Oct 26, 2004
Charleston, WV
Well I believe I have royally messed it up. I booted up to flash bios with dip settings at:

1MB Bank
Bank 5678: off on off off

Then I moved the dip switches to

1MB Bank

and selected "Load Bios from CD"
Bios loaded Yellow bar and Green bar completed and then it powered off.

No it frags (DVD flashes and powers on and off) when the chip is enabled.

The xbox will boot correctly if the chip is disabled.

Any Ideas?

thewizard111

Oct 26, 2004
Charleston, WV
bad flash, set switch to ON ON OFF OFF OFF and then flash again also the bios rar file includes a password remover
Tried flashing again with settings above and same error occurs. I think I am beyond the point of the password remover now. Man, I should have stepped away for a while before I fubbed it up even worse.

thewizard111

Oct 26, 2004
Charleston, WV
I got rid of the frag problem. Made a cd with X3 bios 1943 Gold and a dummy file. Set the dip switches to

1MB Bank

Powered on the Xbox v 1.6 with both the power button and eject pressed. Loaded into Flash bios. Loaded bios from cd. Flash went correctly.

No with the mod chip enabled it boots back to the darn password screen. My password still does not work.
The bios is now 1943.

What can I do now?

The weird thing is other than the password. The system is now booting with Bank 1234. Before it worked fine with all dip switches set to off.
How is that possible with a 1024k bios?

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
simple

just flash x2 or evox bios to a 256k bank

put the x3 eprom erase xbe to a cd / dvd and create an XISO (use qwix) make sure its named default.xbe

boot the disk with the x2 / evox bios selected

now switch to your x3 bios and you are away

thewizard111

Oct 26, 2004
Charleston, WV
simple

just flash x2 or evox bios to a 256k bank

put the x3 eprom erase xbe to a cd / dvd and create an XISO (use qwix) make sure its named default.xbe

boot the disk with the x2 / evox bios selected

now switch to your x3 bios and you are away
Thank you xecuter. The 256k bios is now loaded and works correctly booting into the dashboard.

I still cannot get the the x3 erase file to work. I created the xiso with qwix and Craxtion, including a dummy file in the xiso. When I try to load it from cd it just stays at the main boot screen with the XBOX symbol and the bios version logo.

I also tried to run the DVD from Evox and it does the same thing.

Any ideas on getting the x3 eraser file to run? How long does it take to comple the erase? Will it give a confirmation or anything?

thewizard111

Oct 26, 2004
Charleston, WV
I figured it out. I booted into the Bios and Dash with the 256K bank selected.
Then before running the X3 eraser file I set the dip switch settings to the 1024k bios bank in which the password protected X3 bios was loaded.
Ran the cd with the X3 eraser file.

Worked perfectly.

No password now. Everything is working fine.

Now it is time to get the new hard drive in.

Thanks everyone for all of your help. You all have been great.

alio

Dec 4, 2003
Modding your gamerscore(very easy Tutorial)

This is a very easy tutorial. just follow the steps.

www.my360blogger.blogspot.com

i hope the tutorial works out for you.

sebastien

Dec 21, 2003
Re: Modding your gamerscore(very easy Tutorial)

beauwiggins said:
This is a very easy tutorial. just follow the steps.

www.my360blogger.blogspot.com

i hope the tutorial works out for you.
Good tut. But again if you are caught boosting your gamerscore by MS you will be reset to zero GS, never be able to re-earn the ones you earned/hacked, and will be branded on your own profile has a cheater for all of your friends to see. Safer just to earn them legit. I'd add this to your tut and let anyone who dares try this know the consequences and to try at their own risk.