GENERAL need help flashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

360nemesis

Jul 4, 2011
i recently got a xbox brought to me with a mfc date 2006-30-09 and according to the drive tables on the net it should have a hitachi drive in it

however it had an liteon 74 ut it wold not update so i put the firmware n a hitachi 59dj to get it updated to lates dash

now however i get playt dvd error on all games orig and backup

can someone please help me find out which is the correct drive i need to flash it as.

Last edited:

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
mf date of 2009 would make it a jasper,and all jaspers only came with liteon drives,you need a liteon drive.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
i recently got a xbox brought to me with a mfc date 2009 and according to the drive tables on the net it should have a hitachi drive in it

however it had an liteon 74 ut it wold not update so i put the firmware n a hitachi 59dj to get it updated to lates dash

can someone please help me find out which is the correct drive i need to flash it as.
??

I would LOVE to see where you read that 2009 consoles were being shipped with Hitachi drives.

I don't think you have a clue what you're doing.

WNYConsoles

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
??

I would LOVE to see where you read that 2009 consoles were being shipped with Hitachi drives.

I don't think you have a clue what you're doing.
Agreed.

Definitely no Hitachi in 2009. The first three motherboard revisions got Hitachi (Xenon, Zypher, and some early model Falcon's got Hitachi 78/79. Jasper's 2008 and up all have Lite-On and Xenon refurbs got drives replaced with Lite-On's (for the most part).

cab0747

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh
i recently got a xbox brought to me with a mfc date 2009 and according to the drive tables on the net it should have a hitachi drive in it

Seems like the drive was dead or the key was incorrect.

If you didnt update to the latest dash, you could have RGH'd it for the keys, decrypted your NAND and your problems would be solved.

You are SOL for the moment.

360nemesis

Jul 4, 2011
So you also know that refurbished Xenons were fitted with Lite-on's too then?

Course you did......
FFS yes i did !

if you read my OP carefully numb-nuts
you would realise that the xbox was fitted with the wrong drive with the right firmware ie a liteon drive with a Hitachi firmware and it was giving a error when trying to update the dash from 0.2.91xx to current dash.

so i put firmware on a Hitachi 59dj and it was able to update thus proving the drive was a Hitachi.

the problem is now that i get a play dvd error on all game discs meaning i have not flashed it as the right type of Hitachi

so how would i find out which Hitachi drive it should be

"some ppl think they know every thing when in fact they know FA...."

L

LoneWolf913

FFS yes i did !

you would realise that the xbox was fitted with the wrong drive with the right firmware ie a liteon drive with a Hitachi firmware and it was giving a error when trying to update the dash from 0.2.91xx to current dash.

so i put firmware on a Hitachi 59dj and it was able to update thus proving the drive was a Hitachi.

the problem is now that i get a play dvd error on all game discs meaning i have not flashed it as the right type of Hitachi

You do realize a play DVD error means it's the wrong drive key, right? So you're SOL on an updated Xenon, just toss it. Can't RGH to get the key OR the drive type. And insulting an admin is probably not the best idea..:rolleyes2:..especially when you clearly show you have no idea how to use the search or read the JF manual which explains most if not all of this.

jsinger47

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Feb 6, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
You do realize a play DVD error means it's the wrong drive key, right? So you're SOL on an updated Xenon, just toss it. Can't RGH to get the key OR the drive type. And insulting an admin is probably not the best idea..:rolleyes2:..especially when you clearly show you have no idea how to use the search or read the JF manual which explains most if not all of this.
play dvd can also be a weak laser on hitachis and sammys

Reactions: XL3THAL VIP3RX

Fisticuffs

VIP Member
Mar 14, 2011
Arizona, US
FFS yes i did !

JungleFlasher would've told you which drive version, The key, etc... Why don't you try flashing every type of Hitachi then Numbskull :facepalm:

360nemesis

Jul 4, 2011
JungleFlasher would've told you which drive version, The key, etc... Why don't you try flashing every type of Hitachi then Numbskull :facepalm:
no! wrong again jungle flasher only shows you the id of the drive that the firmware is
A. flashed too.
or
B. what it is spoofed too.

---------- Post added at 07:47 ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 ----------

this is why i hate using this festering turd of a site.

you ask a genuine question and you get all these smart-arse know-it-alls who don't actually help anyone

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
FFS yes i did !

you would realise that the xbox was fitted with the wrong drive with the right firmware ie a liteon drive with a Hitachi firmware
Hmm, numb-nuts. Not been called that before.. I'll let it slide for now.

Your OP was so badly written (even when we disregard the massive year error you posted) I barely understood the problem. For one, you can't have a Lite-on drive with Hitachi firmware. Well, you CAN but the drive won't function. Good start.

Nope - it doesn't mean that at all.

Can you post the JF log of the Lite-on drive you replaced.

Too funny......

talby71

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2010
Near Melbourne , Australia

this is why i hate using this festering turd of a site.
Geez i hate that saying...
did you know that turds can't/don't fester, there's no way for them to generate pus :smile:

oh no , now i fall into this category
"you ask a genuine question and you get all these smart-arse know-it-alls who don't actually help anyone"

Last edited:

360nemesis

Jul 4, 2011
no i cant post jf log as i dont use it for flashing

i only used it to confirm my theory of jungle flasher only shows you the id of the drive that the firmware is
A. flashed too.
or
i just wanted to know how to flash any hitachi fw to any hitachi drive so i can eliminate them one by one

frayed

DINDU NUFFIN
VIP Member
Dec 22, 2010
Stuck in your tub

i only used it to confirm my theory of jungle flasher only shows you the id of the drive that the firmware is
A. flashed too.
or
i just wanted to know how to flash any hitachi fw to any hitachi drive so i can eliminate them one by one
just wondering what you are using for xecuter products?

Reactions: Akilles

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com

A. flashed too.
or
So how did you extract the DVD key from your Lite-on drive?

TilVl

VIP Member
May 11, 2011
Wrong forum buddy. Head over to lizards forum and ask there.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
360 lizard
I used to use ck3 with sata but now I got a laptop and need sata for external ihas drives
So why are you asking on our forums and more importantly, ragging on members here (as well as myself)?

Took you 3 pages to admit you're not even a T-X customer! Go get support on the Lizard forums, it's their product after all.

Closed (and infractions from your abusive replies will now be added).

Reactions: XL3THAL VIP3RX
Status
Not open for further replies.