JTAG Need help getting things working again.

mitchellowen

Noob Account
Jul 2, 2013
So I went away for a few days and let my younger brother use my fairly new R-Jtag Falcon, anyways when I got home he told me he opened up Dashlaunch to try and install homebrew, something came up about DL being incompatible with something and I guess he hit install anyways, It's been starting up to the MS dash ever since. The first thing I did was boot the console with the diskdrive and it booted Xell but I don't know where to go from here, I used a disc I have for xex menu and it did nothing as well, any help in booting my xbox back into F3 would be appreciated.

BrockThunderjam

VIP Member
Jun 25, 2013
I'm not sure if dashlaunch installs to your flash (NAND) when you run the installer that way, but I've done this before as well. I ended up building a new nand and writing it to the console. I'm sure there are less severe methods of handling it, but writing a new freeboot image was a safe bet. You can create your new freeboot nand image with JRunner and flash from Xell.

ExBoxHax

Jul 5, 2013
USA
configure the path in dashlaunch where it says "default" to point to your freestyle dash xex file then save settings.

BrockThunderjam

VIP Member
Jun 25, 2013
How is he supposed to configure it? It's written to NAND, you can't change it. Right?

ExBoxHax

Jul 5, 2013
USA
How is he supposed to configure it? It's written to NAND, you can't change it. Right?
it's not really written to the NAND. It can be stored on the system flash but you can easily remove it and / or change it in dashlaunch. The best way to set it up IMO is to have your launch.ini on your system hdd and then simply point dashlaunch there, why complicate things.

mitchellowen

Noob Account
Jul 2, 2013
You need to read, I cannot get to DL
don't reply if you're giving me smart-ass remarks.

- - - Updated - - -

it's not really written to the NAND. It can be stored on the system flash but you can easily remove it and / or change it in dashlaunch. The best way to set it up IMO is to have your launch.ini on your system hdd and then simply point dashlaunch there, why complicate things.
How do I get to DL? I tried using my xex menu disc but it wont boot up.

BrockThunderjam

VIP Member
Jun 25, 2013
The problem is not his launch.ini. He said his brother tried re-installing dashlaunch and he got the incompatible warning etc. (which probably means he installed an older version of dashlaunch). Just build a new image with JRunner with the dashlaunch patches included and reflash it. Yes, after you write your new image you need to make sure your launch.ini points to where the FSD folder lives.

Last edited:

ExBoxHax

Jul 5, 2013
USA
he shouldn't need to rewrite any image though his image is good if he's booting xell...all he needs to do is configure his launch.ini in the proper version of dashlaunch 3.07

BrockThunderjam

VIP Member
Jun 25, 2013
Yes, I agree with you. The easiest way to do that is just build a new image with JRunner and configure everything before you build the image. Takes 10 seconds as oppose to hunting down the latest dashlaunch installer and manually configuring a launch.ini. 6 in one half dozen in the other I suppose. Or in this case 6 in one, 6X half dozen in the other.

mitchellowen

Noob Account
Jul 2, 2013
I have xexmenu onto a xbox formatted drive but it doesn't seem to want to show up when I plug it into the xbox, any suggestions?
Folder structure is:
Content/0000000000000000/C0DE9999/00080000/C0DE99990F586558

Got my disc booting after all!

Last edited: