Need to Know how to use programmer

DoDo1975

Noob Account
Jun 12, 2004
I just bought a programmer to flash my new Xecuter 2.6 Chip. Unfortunately, I can find tutorials on how to flash 2.3 chip version with 2.6 programmer and 2.6 chip with 2.3 programmer, but not how to flash 2.6 chip with 2.6 programmer.

First off, I assume its a 2.6 programmer as it has no markings but is brand new.

Do I need these luttle red wires or not?

I tried without, and it seemed to work, only it died halfway through saying bad parallel cable.

Reading the forums, it says this might be related to cable (which I didn't use, I plugged directly into port) or Bios settings, which it doesn't go on to describe how the bios should be set.

So my questions are as follows.

Do I need the red wires that come with the programmer using a 2.6 XChip.
How should my parallel port be set up.
Since my switches dont actually state which direction is on or off, how do I know which way to select them (I think they are correct as light is on)

Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to flash a 2.6 chip with a 2.6 programmer????????

Thanks,

JL

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
"Do I need the red wires that come with the programmer using a 2.6 "

No - they're for the 2.3a chip.

"How should my parallel port be set up. "

You may need to try different settings.

"Since my switches dont actually state which direction is on or off, how do I know which way to select them (I think they are correct as light is on) "

Your switches are ok - the chip's detected. Your error is more likely a cable issue.

Martin

t0il3t

Noob Account
Dec 12, 2003
Just started LED modding.

it may not be all that pretty but it works and in the end that's all that matters, I told one of my friends that I am going to put blue leds in my xbox so he wants me to put red ones in his and rather than ordering a bunch of smd leds I figured this would save me some time and effort. ROL color swap found on xbox scene

Took a while to get it working because the first 2 times I wired everything up I did not have the traces cut all the way so I got 1 yellow and 1 red light and I was confused as hell.

t0il3t

Noob Account
Dec 12, 2003
Re: Just did my first green and red ROL swap

Ordered and waiting for the red SMD LEDs (for the controller and center on the ROL), finished my blue ROL, soldering SMD LEDs blows but I got it working, did my controller and ROL and only lifted 2 pads not too bad. I was able to fix the lifted pads though so all right in the world.

Lifted the - pad on player 2 on the controller and the + pad for the center LED on the ROL.

Since this was my first time working with SMD LEDs I think I did OK.

EDIT: here are some pictures, quality is not the best I had to record it as a video with the camera then take a screen capture of the video.

Onix1

Noob Account
Dec 19, 2003
Re: Just started LED modding.

mr pete. I recommend you getting some cold cathodes to put in the box . Cheap and bright. Though they can take up alot of space.

gdaug112

Noob Account
Dec 29, 2003
Re: Just started LED modding.

Nice work, definitely some close calls on the solder job on the back of the board, but hey, if it works more power to ya.

broady

Noob Account
Sep 10, 2004
Leeds
any idea where I can find a video on repairing a lifted pad? I switched the LEDs in my wireless controller but the negative contact point for the first player LED came up and I can't find anything useful to figure out how to replace it. Thanks!

Support Our Sponsors