LITEON 9504 Needs Desperate Help, Kinda Confused

joelj

VIP Member
Jun 12, 2011
Colombo, SriLanka
Hi guys,
I searched this forum thrice before posting this, I was bit confused by all the answers and kinda looking forward to a clear answer from any of you who are experts.

This is my problem
I bought a XBOX360 slim with lite-on drive with 9504 FW
(this is what its stated in the drive label)

Unfortunately like an idiot i updated through live, and now my FW is 0225 (but my drive original is 9504).

I do not have the 9504 FW backup. Therefore now atm I have 0225 thanks to stupid live update.

Now my key extraction wont wrk with via 6421 chipset, always returns the error (both methods tried over 10 times).

What should I do?

1. I decided to buy the X360USB PRO coz I read in the forums that it works 100% with lite-on 0225 fw.
2. Should I buy the replacement unlocked PCB? (please note my drive original fw is 9504 now its 0225 after update).

please tell me what are the things I should buy from xecutor to play backups???
this is driving me insane.
btw im a C# developer and ok with flashing terms so feel free to be technical :)
thanks a ton.

Goldensavage

VIP Member
Jul 26, 2009
Essex, UK
As frazzled says,

Your drive was never a 9504, if it is a 0225 in jungleflasher, a few 0225 drives came out from M$, with the wrong labels on

Yes the X360USB pro will extract the key from your drive 100%, but you cannot write to it. There are very few current sata chipsets that can read the slim drives and to write any sort of firmware you need either a

Unlock pcb (hard to get hold off)
Pro modders kit (Hard to get hold off)

You could always get a 9504 drive, and use that.

But you would still have to wait for the firmware to be released, as it is still in the testing phase.

Last edited:

joelj

VIP Member
Jun 12, 2011
Colombo, SriLanka
Your drive was never a 9504 if it now says 0225 - it was always a 0225 with an incorrect label
Oh, crap.... so I should buy both these devices to play my backups :( :(
OK, understood so I will get both when they are available.

Anyways I searched the forum and came up with, nothing much is there a dis assembly guide to remove the PCB out of the dvd drive (liteon 9504/0225)?
Just taking apart the 4 case screws wont make the case come apart.

Thankx for all the replies guys.

Last edited:

popcornwizzard

Jun 26, 2011
Hampshire UK
Oh, crap.... so I should buy both these devices to play my backups :( :(
OK, understood so I will get both when they are available.

Anyways I searched the forum and came up with, nothing much is there a dis assembly guide to remove the PCB out of the dvd drive (liteon 9504/0225)?
Just taking apart the 4 case screws wont make the case come apart.

Thankx for all the replies guys.
to open the case unscrew the 4 screws, remove the warranty sticker and ease the foam around the dvd tray away from the top part of the case

joelj

VIP Member
Jun 12, 2011
Colombo, SriLanka
understand that you have two separate options:
1. unlocked pcb
2. pro modder's kit
you need only buy one of the two if you can even find either for sale
go to the main page for details on both
thanks but both are out of stock atm. Will order the unlocked PCB replacement as soon as its available.