Never had Good KProbe

tommikeson

Noob Account
Oct 19, 2012
I have been using my iHAS224-B (cross-flashed to iHAS624-B) for about a year. I always use Verbatim media (though I don't know where my current media was manufactured). For the first 6 months, every burn played without problem in the Xbox and I never bothered to do Kprobe. In the past few months I have been having problems burning reliable discs.

When I began to have read problems in both Xboxes, I decided to begin using Kprobe. I always see PI Max over 1k and PIF Max into the hundreds. Today I decided to look at some old discs from last October (before I started having problems). I turns out, those discs have the same high values. To confirm that Kprobe was reporting correctly, I did a Kprobe on original media and it fell within the expected limits.

I have read all the different threads with different settings to try and I have probably tried all of them. I have even had this drive installed in an old computer with a older AHCI chipset (it was the one that i used to make the discs last October). I'm scratching my head. I even tried a backup hard drive in my computer and did a fresh install of Windows x64 to test with. Same problems. Yesterday I used the payload tool with a model D iHAS and had the same results.

Has anyone else had a problem like this, where you get bad Kprobe and sometimes the disc works fine and then others are bad and the disc doesn't work?

daretogo

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2011
Denver, CO
I've never done any Kprobe testing but I have found that when I start to get bad burns clearing my "OPC history" seems to set it right.

-Blame typos on autocorrect. Sent from mobile.

DrunkenNinja

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2011
RGH
You can't kprobe original discs so that's rubbish for a start...

I'm a bit grumpy today so I kind of stopped reading there...

Reactions: Taijigamer2

tommikeson

Noob Account
Oct 19, 2012
I don't understand why you couldn't kprobe an original. If kprob results are the standard in which you measure a good burn, then an original disc would have to be the gold standard. I was doing it to rule out two potentially bad burners that constantly report bad results on my burned media.

fusionx

May 31, 2013
I've never done any Kprobe testing but I have found that when I start to get bad burns clearing my "OPC history" seems to set it right.

-Blame typos on autocorrect. Sent from mobile.
This is the same for me, although i never have OPC turned on!