RGH New 360E Corona v6 CR3 PRO Help Needed

Slivicon

Dec 31, 2013
Canada
I am a noob, but I will do my best to fill out the template. I have contacted a local pro to hire to take over, but he may be too busy atm, so in the meantime I have exhausted myself trying to search everywhere for the rest of the info I apparently need:

TX Product(s) used:
CR3 Pro fake post ultimate kit from modchipcentral dot com (The CR3 pro they sent has "full post" written on it, so I hope I don't have the wrong cr3 because I noticed this too late and have already soldered so likely can't return it now - hoping there's only one cr3 pro model and the "fake post" is a result of using additional components) - kit includes:
  • CR3 Pro v1.0S (site says this is "fake post" but the writing on the CR3 pro says "full post")
  • JR Programmer v2
  • POSTFIX ADAPTER V2
  • FULL POST SLIM QSB v2
  • JR Programmer / NAND-X / CoolRunner QSB Kit v3
  • XCLAMP Removal Tool
  • 7pc Ceramic Cap Kit (10pf, 22pf, 30pf, 47pf, 68pf, 82pf, 100pf)
  • JR Programmer v2 to CR3 Pro POST Monitoring Cable
  • JR Programmer v2 QSB Cable
  • JR Programmer v2 JTAG Update Cable
  • CR3 Pro Install Wires (Optional if no QSB Used)
Also:
  • Corona 4GB RW QSB v4
Console Type: 360E Slim 4GB Corona v6
NAND size: 4GB
Dashboard version: 2.0.16537
CB version: Unable to get this far
Screenshot of NAND details from J-Runner: Unable to get this far
J-Runner log: Unable to get this far
updflash.bin log (if applicable):
Image of Coolrunner:
Images of close-up soldering to motherboard:

Description of problem
I had some soldering difficulties and also wonder if I even have all the correct hardware I needed as I tried to follow all the guides I could find and piece together what I needed for this specific mod, since I could not find a single start to finish for this exact mod. My first question after all was said and done was if it was even possible for me to read the NAND with JRunner as I had the 4GB QSB v4 installed but I didn't have the ribbon cable or SD card components that I later found out are part of another kit. The JR programmer was connected to the CR3 and the QSB kit v3, and following guides, I thought that was how the NAND could be read: The result was simply "flash config 0x00000 cannot continue".

The soldering went OK, I practiced on an old motherboard ahead of time, but I still made some mistakes:
  • Lifted pad 1 on the CR 3 pro, so tried without success to research what else I could connect that yellow wire from the postfix adapter to
  • Lifted pad K on the QSB v3, so used soldering braid to remove the QSB and tried to direct solder, following guides
  • When removing all the mod components after realizing this wasn't going to work, the two tiny jumpers where the postfix adapter was connected to were lifted and couldn't get them to reattach, so left some solder there in their place.
  • Removed all components, managed to get the console back together, plugged it in and it at least was still working, was able to play a game, etc., so I'm hoping that means it's OK.

Things currently tried:
  • I have contacted a local pro to hire to take over and mod this console so that I can load games from a Western Digital 700gb 2.5" hard drive that I have. He may be too busy right now. He did tell me that I would not be able to use the hard drive at full capacity if installed internally, I would have to use a USB enclosure and attach the drive externally. I thought I had read differently, but again, I'm a noob. I have an enclosure if I have to use it.

Things I'm looking to know:
  • Did I destroy the CR3 pro when I lifted pad 1, or is there a way to use an alternate pad/point so the CR3 pro is still useable
  • Do those two jumpers that got removed when removing the postfix adapter v2 matter, or is the fact that the console still runs mean I'm OK
  • Is there an alternate for pad K on the QSB v3 or is that QSB destroyed as well
  • I could not find a guide with screenshots on specifically if I could read the NAND on this model with the hardware I purchased, or if I also need the ribbon cable and whatever SD/USB components to attach to the RW 4GB QSB v4. All I could find was that this QSB was needed, and how to connect the JR programmer to the QSB v3, CR3 pro, USB to my laptop and run JRunner to read the NAND. I didn't see how this was using the QSB v4, but again, the only guide I could find was to say "the QSB v4 is needed" ... but nothing like "you also need xxx components to connect to the QSB v4, here's how to read the NAND, don't use the JR programmer at that point, then when you have the NAND dump, load it into JRunner with the JR programmer, (speculation), etc."
  • Is what I was told correct, that if this console manages to get modded, I cannot use my 700gb drive internally at full capacity after the mod, I have to use it via USB in an enclosure

Was the console working before you started: Yes, and it is still working now, after the attempt.

Last edited:

Oggy

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Mar 1, 2010
You need the sd card parts.

Reactions: Slivicon

Slivicon

Dec 31, 2013
Canada
You skipped -> Images of close-up soldering to motherboard:
I do need the SD parts after all, OK. I can't seem to find a guide for reading the NAND via this method on this model, I appreciate any link someone might have.

Yes, I don't have images of the soldering on the motherboard, as I didn't take them before I reassembled the console, apologies. I was hoping simply stating what QSB pads were lifted might give rise to an answer "you lifted pad 1 on cr3 pro, use pad xxx instead --- you lifted pad K on QSB v3, do this instead --- or "you have no alternative, your QSB v3 and CR3 pro are toast" ---

Also, stating the jumpers where the postfix adapter v2 get soldered in now being gone with solder in place would hopefully give rise to an answer "your console works, yes, but those jumpers are still needed for xxxx --- or, those jumpers don't matter, etc."

Also, was I shipped the correct cr3 pro "full post" is used for fake post, there is only one, etc. and the other q's.

Simply hoping that info is adequate for some helpful answers, apologies.

Last edited:

XDK

VIP Member
Yes u have the wrong cr3pro for the console your attempting to do by now your searching should have led u to the conclusion that your console doesnt have full post out bus.. you need the fakepost cr3pro or a tx slim proto v2

Slivicon

Dec 31, 2013
Canada
Yes u have the wrong cr3pro for the console your attempting to do by now your searching should have led u to the conclusion that your console doesnt have full post out bus.. you need the fakepost cr3pro or a tx slim proto v2
Thank you.

XDK

VIP Member
I do need the SD parts after all, OK. I can't seem to find a guide for reading the NAND via this method on this model, I appreciate any link someone might have.

Yes, I don't have images of the soldering on the motherboard, as I didn't take them before I reassembled the console, apologies. I was hoping simply stating what QSB pads were lifted might give rise to an answer "you lifted pad 1 on cr3 pro, use pad xxx instead --- you lifted pad K on QSB v3, do this instead --- or "you have no alternative, your QSB v3 and CR3 pro are toast" ---

Also, stating the jumpers where the postfix adapter v2 get soldered in now being gone with solder in place would hopefully give rise to an answer "your console works, yes, but those jumpers are still needed for xxxx --- or, those jumpers don't matter, etc."

Also, was I shipped the correct cr3 pro "full post" is used for fake post, there is only one, etc. and the other q's.

Simply hoping that info is adequate for some helpful answers, apologies.
time for u to send this to someone before you permanently mess up the motherboard.. sounds like im being a d**k I know but the truth is harsh

if your in the US send it my way long as u havent damaged the mobo I will take care of this for shipping costs

Last edited:

Slivicon

Dec 31, 2013
Canada
time for u to send this to someone before you permanently mess up the motherboard.. sounds like im being a d**k I know but the truth is harsh
No, you're quite right, and I have contacted a local pro to hire, but he may be too busy atm as I got an initial reply from him the other day, but haven't been able to get one since.

In the meantime I simply wanted to see if I could get some answers to questions I had - probably the most important being, does the fact that the console still runs mean I'm in the clear until a mod can be done - like specifically to those two jumpers being removed accidentally upon removal of the postfix adapter v2.

XDK

VIP Member
No, you're quite right, and I have contacted a local pro to hire, but he may be too busy atm as I got an initial reply from him the other day, but haven't been able to get one since.

In the meantime I simply wanted to see if I could get some answers to questions I had - probably the most important being, does the fact that the console still runs mean I'm in the clear until a mod can be done - like specifically to those two jumpers being removed accidentally upon removal of the postfix adapter v2.
You mean u removed the anchor points for the postfix adapter ? If so those are not jumpers they are capicators that attach to the mobo itself

Slivicon

Dec 31, 2013
Canada
You mean u removed the anchor points for the postfix adapter ? If so those are not jumpers they are capicators that attach to the mobo itself
Yes, when I used a soldering braid to remove the postfix adapter, those tiny capacitors came off, and I couldn't get them back on, so I just left some solder there, when I reassembled, the console still worked...what is the risk of not having those capacitors there?

Slivicon

Dec 31, 2013
Canada
I edited this image to clarify what I meant since the console is reassembled and appears to work now - if I recall correctly I couldn't reattach the capacitors correctly, as in I couldn't see their tiny connection points well enough after they moved when the solder heated up upon removing the adapter - I didn't want to fool around anymore with it for fear of burning damage, so if I remember right, the bottom one is still there with some additional solder the top one I think was gone, I left some solder in place.

Would the console even run if these weren't there, maybe it was that the solder covered over them and they were so small I just thought they were gone because I couldn't see them, as if they might be stuck to the iron or something - does the fact that it runs mean it's ok?postfix_adapter.png

Slivicon

Dec 31, 2013
Canada
Oh, I just looked at the postfix adapter and it looks like the top one, the capacitor stuck to the adapter, I'll take a picture and post. So, the console is running without that and just solder instead.

Slivicon

Dec 31, 2013
Canada
Pictures of mod components. It appears a console board pad was also lifted upon removal of the 4GB RW QSB :(
02-Corona Postfix Adapter v2 front lifted capacitor 2013-12-31 12-22-44 PM.JPG01-Corona postfix adapter v2 back lifted capacitor 2013-12-31 12-22-24 PM.JPG
03-QSB Post Slim v2 front 2013-12-31 12-23-47 PM.JPG04-QSB Post Slim v2 Back 2013-12-31 12-24-23 PM.JPG
05-JRP QSB v3 Corona front lifted pad K 2013-12-31 12-25-01 PM.JPG06-JRP Corona QSB v3 back 2013-12-31 12-25-17 PM.JPG
08-Corona 4GB v4 QSB front 2013-12-31 12-26-29 PM.JPG07-Corona 4GB v4 QSB back lifted pad 2013-12-31 12-25-56 PM.JPG
09-cr3 pro front lifted pad 1 2013-12-31 12-28-21 PM.JPG

Slivicon

Dec 31, 2013
Canada
Strangely I sent the photo (above) of the CR3 pro with the writing "full post" on it to modchipcentral dot com where I bought it ( http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/product.php?productid=17937 ) and they claim that is the right one for fake post, that all their cr3 pros say the same thing on it...

Antalpromille

VIP Member
Aug 4, 2011
Borås, sweden
Strangely I sent the photo (above) of the CR3 pro with the writing "full post" on it to modchipcentral dot com where I bought it ( http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/product.php?productid=17937 ) and they claim that is the right one for fake post, that all their cr3 pros say the same thing on it...
I think youre good with rhat CR3 but you have destroyed other parts like the post fix adapter (look at the pogo pin), most parts look like sh*t and needs cleaning and inspection and the console itself will need inspection since many of its pads and components are stuck to the QSBs.

XDK

VIP Member
Your fine with that cr3pro as it says v3/v4 on the chip that is a fakepost cr3pro ! you will have to find the trace leading to pad 1 find where it leads and solder to where it leads as that pad 1 is nessecary !