New drag and drop presets for NSC Builder 0.87b (still valid for 0.87c)

garyopa

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Mar 25, 2005
Tropical Island
www.O-P-A.biz
@LupinIII - Returns with a nice set of updated scripts for usage with the latest NSC Builder tools
NSC080.png

As you may or may not have noticed, the best Switch conversion tool, NSC Builder, was updated to 0.87c recently. If you missed it, you can always find the latest version HERE.

UPDATE: Only one byte was added to the batch file in 0.87c from 0.87b (and it was only to add "c" to the version in the window title). The preset files for 0.87b still work just fine with 0.87c so there is no need to update the presets file at this time.
Since my 0.86 update, NSC Builder has added support for the new master key from firmware 8.1.0. along with a feature to convert Japanese characters to Romaji. So I created updated copies of my drag and drop presets.

I have removed the option to merge everything into a single file. If you need to merge all files within a folder to a single XCI or NSP, just place it inside another folder, and drag that to the "subfolder" option. It seemed pointless to keep two extra batch files. I have added an option to just remove delta fragments from updates (because there is a separate routine for that in the batch file, but it is not documented in the options file yet).

Just like last time, simply extract these to the same folder you extract your chosen variant of NSC Builder to and they should work (again, unless you use the uncompiled one, in which case you will need to set the "pycommand" variable). These are set to patch to key 4 now. Because there are probably going to be a lot of systems running 4.1 on SysNAND now that patched consoles running that or lower are exploitable (whereas it made very little sense to go lower than 5.1 on unpatched consoles, because we don't have proper lower versions of DevMenu). Granted, many games just aren't going to run on 4.1 no matter what (and will require an EmuNAND to be played on a patched console), but it does not hurt anything to try. As usual, you can easily change that (or just about anything else) by editing the .cmd files within the "zconfig" folder. Feel free to modify them to suit your needs.
Oh, and in case you didn't feel like updating to 8.1.0 just to extract said new master key, I've included an updated keys file. Enjoy.

NEWS SOURCE: -->

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: WesleyZ