ANSWERED New flasher have some questions

exrebok

Dec 10, 2011
Hi guys, :redface:

Firstly I would like to say I am new here. I was checking this forum and some other stuff about flashing phat and slim xbox, and with It, I have created some questions about things that I want to assure. I am from middle europe so sometimes I have problems to know the real meaning of some key words such as spoofing :)

-> I´ve read that if I have CK3 probe v.3 I can extract my key from drive without making HW interxetion (no cuts, no soldering), is that true? And what if i have thus HW interxetion what should I do? (Just the same thing as I wouldn´t have It just probe MPX01 hole/point and extract the key?)

-> reverse to a stock means that I need to flash my xbox360 phat to OFW (original firmware, in my case LiteOn_Pre_13141, because I´ve not updated to dash.: 13141 .. than update my dashb. to 13599 from USB (I am offline player) and after that flash my drive to CFW (custom firmware) lets say LT plus 2.0?

-> and with it I want to ask which kind of LiteOn_Pre_13141 OFW should I use? I´ve read somewhere here that there was few of them such as 02501C-1c00 or 1d00 or 1b00... (I´ve downloaded Latest_iXtreme_and_Stock_Firmware_Pack and there was just 02501-1c00, can I use that one on any phat drive with OFW 2501C? Or I need to find out somehow which one to use? If yes please, I would be grateful :confused: )

-> I´ve read here that I can connect my drive to PC VIA 6421 and don´t need any XBOX360 USB... if it is true, what about xbox360 slim 0225? I´ve read here that It won´t fit with VIA 6421, that I need to buy XBOX360 usb,is that true? If yes, is there any other drive that VIA 6421 won´t support?

-> Can i use molex suply kit and also Molex cabel from my PC, I guess there is no difference, just want to be sure :)

-> Swapping DvD drives If I have any Post 13141 dash. my cause my XGD3 games not to be supported by my "new" swapped drive? (Or my "new" swapped DvD drive won´t read It)
-> Also just to assure, I can´t use phat drives in slim models, It will cause flag or even broke down my xbox?

-> and last question is that On pictures in topics Step-by-step guide I saw CK3i or CK3 pro, which was not connected to PC by USB, what should I do? Connect CK3i or do not connect it? In which case I should connect it or not... and what will happen if I wont connect It?

I am sorry for such exhausting questions and text, but I am new here and I just want to be careful... want to measure twice and cut once :)

cab0747

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh
Hi guys, :redface:

Firstly I would like to say I am new here. I was checking this forum and some other stuff about flashing phat and slim xbox, and with It, I have created some questions about things that I want to assure. I am from middle europe so sometimes I have problems to know the real meaning of some key words such as spoofing :)

-> I´ve read that if I have CK3 probe v.3 I can extract my key from drive without making HW interxetion (no cuts, no soldering), is that true? And what if i have thus HW interxetion what should I do? (Just the same thing as I wouldn´t have It just probe MPX01 hole/point and extract the key?)
Correct. The probe allows you to extract the Key and Dummy.bin from a LiteOn drive (phat) without cutting and soldering the PCB

-> reverse to a stock means that I need to flash my xbox360 phat to OFW (original firmware, in my case LiteOn_Pre_13141, because I´ve not updated to dash.: 13141 .. than update my dashb. to 13599 from USB (I am offline player) and after that flash my drive to CFW (custom firmware) lets say LT plus 2.0?
Again, that is correct. Keep in mind that LT+2.0 does not protect against the silent update released my MS. If you update to the 14699 dash and use a backup of an XGD3 game, you may get the disk unsupported error. You may want to hold off on playing XGD3 backups until LT+3.0 comes out.

-> and with it I want to ask which kind of LiteOn_Pre_13141 OFW should I use? I´ve read somewhere here that there was few of them such as 02501C-1c00 or 1d00 or 1b00... (I´ve downloaded Latest_iXtreme_and_Stock_Firmware_Pack and there was just 02501-1c00, can I use that one on any phat drive with OFW 2501C? Or I need to find out somehow which one to use? If yes please, I would be grateful :confused: )
This depends on what dashboard you are on. Originally, the phat LiteOn drives (which I assume is what you have) had the same hardware, but different firmware (7xxx, 8xxx v1, 8xxx v2, and 9xxx). If you are on a dash before 13146, you will need to flash the proper OFW to your drive. If you are on dash 13146 or later, all phat LiteOn drives will have the same 02510C OFW. All of these files will be found in the firmware packs.

-> I´ve read here that I can connect my drive to PC VIA 6421 and don´t need any XBOX360 USB... if it is true, what about xbox360 slim 0225? I´ve read here that It won´t fit with VIA 6421, that I need to buy XBOX360 usb,is that true? If yes, is there any other drive that VIA 6421 won´t support?
All phat drives can be hooked up directly to your motherboard with a SATA cable if you have VIA 6421 chipset. Select Slim drives can be hooked up the same way but you should buy a USB pro to properly connect a Slim drive to your PC.

-> Can i use molex suply kit and also Molex cabel from my PC, I guess there is no difference, just want to be sure :)
Yes. However, you will need a CK3 to convert the molex cable to one the drive accepts.

-> Swapping DvD drives If I have any Post 13141 dash. my cause my XGD3 games not to be supported by my "new" swapped drive? (Or my "new" swapped DvD drive won´t read It)
I am unsure of what you are asking here. LT+2.0 supports XGD3 backups. The issue that the community is currently facing is the AP2.5 checks are being changed without warning. However, if you have not been on Xbox Live and you have not updated to the 14699 dash, you have not received the update to the dae.bin table and your XGD3 backups should still work.

The new LT+3.0 coming out will require you to re-burn all AP2.5 games, but will eliminate the risk of failing an AP2.5 check with a backup.

-> Also just to assure, I can´t use phat drives in slim models, It will cause flag or even broke down my xbox?
I believe the LiteOn drives from a phat console can be used in a slim console if flashed correctly. However, this may be outdated. I have never tried. Someone else may have to answer this for you.

-> and last question is that On pictures in topics Step-by-step guide I saw CK3i or CK3 pro, which was not connected to PC by USB, what should I do? Connect CK3i or do not connect it? In which case I should connect it or not... and what will happen if I wont connect It?
I am unsure of this as well. I have always powered my drives using a spare console.

I am sorry for such exhausting questions and text, but I am new here and I just want to be careful... want to measure twice and cut once :)
'

It is quite alright. I don't think anyone here will mind helping you out. It seems that you have read up on this quite a bit but want to be 101% sure about a few things (which is quite alright). If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask.

Reactions: mak14 and Larrys

exrebok

Dec 10, 2011
Thank you very much guys... I appreciate that you helped me ... I am still learing about this stuff now, just for now learning about HW stuff after that I am gonna to learn something about JGflasher and so on. If I will have any further questions I will post them here, Thank you again :)

exrebok

Dec 10, 2011
Also I have a question whether CK3 probe v.3 is with or without PMT conversiation cable in a pack... or should I order It separatelly? .... Because I would like to order one Bundle CK3i + CK3 probe v.3 and there is nothing about PMT conversation cable in description, I have written in question log about that just three days ago, but havent recieved any reply yet... so in that case I dont know whether It will come with or without this cable:confused:

Xmarksthesh0t

VIP Member
Aug 3, 2011
Birmingham, UK
get the mega bundle here is a explanation of it:

X360uspro-Connects the Drive to the Pc.

CK3I-Powers drive which is safe and toggles between on and of also useful for Hitachi for mode B.

Molex power is needed for the CK3I,Pro, lite or Mini

Probe V3- Extracts dummy.bin's from the liteon drive Which is NEEDED for you to flash.

Other things needed but not essentail.

Unlock kit-Open the xbox.

You can get all of this with a few extras for either $100 or £65

Uk link- http://www.modtraders.co.uk/x360usb_pro-mega-bundle-now-inc-ck3i.html
Usa link-http://www.xconsoles.com/products/X360USB-PRO-%26-CK3i-MEGA-BUNDLE-%231.html

exrebok

Dec 10, 2011
I have ordered VIA 6421... and also I have my own Kit to open xbox, it works a try to open both phat and slim with no damage to xbox... so I can save up some euros, In that case I want this one bundle only CK3i+CK3 probe 3... and need to know whether this probe v3/power cable is in pack with this bundle or should I order it separatelly :)

jeremy790

VIP Member
Feb 6, 2011
Oklahoma
I will also add a good set of precision screwdrivers is much better than any opening tool I have ever owened. If your going to do this for other people don't slack. Also Via cards will not work with slim drives.

exrebok

Dec 10, 2011
I have written it once maybe in bad sub-forum... so Iam asking it here :rolleyes2:

I would like to buy some stuff to flash my friends Slim with Windonb method... and I would like to ask something: In JG tutorial I have read something like that:
Dremel Method
The method is to slowly perform the grinding whilst contacting the cutting tip with a 3.3v supply with a 100 Ω resistor in the line

May anybody give me a picture where I can solder this 100Ω resistor to PCB? Or where i can get 3.3v supply and another thing is what parameters should this 100Ω resistor have? I mean only it should have 100Ω (I am totally noob here) or something else? I have read that there is few criteria about that ... and I dont want to buy bad one... Or simply could you give me a link to shop or to exact 100Ω that I should buy? I would be soo much grateful :-/ .... And also I have a Question about MXIC method... I need to probe a point but before that I need to cut the line... I simply need to buy

http://www.modtraders.co.uk/xecuter-fiberglass-scratch_pen.html

this one to Scratch the coat of paint above the line and What should I use to cut the line in MXIC method? :(

Last edited: