New Liteon Drive Version - DG-16D4S 1071

guy_haron

VIP Member
Jan 11, 2011
Wow.. at first I'd been amazed at how dumb people at Liteon can be.
But then I noticed that this one is different - It's not of the same Hardware (HW Ver:A0B0)
:rolleyes:

forzac4

Mar 26, 2011
Jordan
are u sure that the PCB will work on this drive because its HW version is different than 0225 and others??

KaZPeRxX

Jan 23, 2010
The Cat And Mouse Game Continues...
Team Jungle & Xecuter Would Have This Done In No Time.

Iron5

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2010
PT
Wow.. at first I'd been amazed at how dumb people at Liteon can be.
But then I noticed that this one is different - It's not of the same Hardware (HW Ver:A0B0)
:rolleyes:
Most likely this HW version was already stocked three to five months ago,liteon dont make mensal revisions of Hw drives or new drives sketchs.Expect the next revision to be a fully new sketch of the drive and the hw itself.The challenge for hack will certainly go up on difficulty again.

iLLNESS

Mar 26, 2005
SW Ontario, Canada
it seems like ms is just going to flood the market with different FW's. if anything, itll slow down c4 enough to make some people not flash fws. odds are it only takes ms a few minutes to get a new revision made where it takes c4 a few weeks to reverse it/etc.

page360

VIP Member
Apr 9, 2011
Portugal
Really, this is the new strategy for microsoft, a new firmware every 2 weeks to keep you guys really busy, and when you release a new one, there are already 10 more different fw drives out there

X-R4Y

Jan 12, 2011
Germany
Not really. In my opinion the 1071 was a pre-model of the 1214. It has exactly the same pcb as the 1071, there are minimal enhancements on the drive at overall. Black Tray, some other drivings for the tray itself, another rubber.

Pictures coming soon... :)

ddsdavey

BANNED
Nov 7, 2009
Shouldnt you be thinking about whether you can read the key nevermind writing it too a new pcb???

Kloud

Noob Account
Jun 8, 2009
Only took them a couple days to reverse this revision... I don't see this slowing down T-X and C4E.