Noob Account
Aug 19, 2012
Confirmed to be released soon!

was talked about on IRC.

Find more info via usual places. ;)

Bong420

Mar 23, 2005
Where you live?
Hopefully its better than RJTAG, that sh*t was annoying as hell to me. Like most of the issues I had were the placement of the damn chip, it was a horrible place to put it if you ever have to remove the DVD drive and I had to get it in just the right spot for consistent boots. I have several phat consoles above 15574 and had a bunch of RJTAG chips but I just said F it and sold the chips and will try this new PHAT proto and hope its a different method than RJTAG.

Hopefully its better than RJTAG, that sh*t was annoying as hell to me. Like most of the issues I had were the placement of the damn chip, it was a horrible place to put it if you ever have to remove the DVD drive and I had to get it in just the right spot for consistent boots. I have several phat consoles above 15574 and had a bunch of RJTAG chips but I just said F it and sold the chips and will try this new PHAT proto and hope its a different method than RJTAG.
For me the R-JTAG was perfect, indeed the place to put the chip was not that great. But there was no other place for the it.
The only thing I did was not us the whole sticker, but a small bit of it.

I think the Proto going to look pretty the same as the R-JTAG.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
I just used Kapton tape to fix to the drive so it could be easily removed.

I managed to locate it to the corner of the chassis during testing, but results were inconsistent.

mrdrifta

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2011
New Zealand
I wired a couple R-JTAG chips next to the CPU and ran wires for post to the post QSB. I used the Header just behind the power plug to power the chip and ran a pair of long wires for E and F. I also ran the Kiosk wire to pin 9(maybe different, just traced wire from normal point and was working).

Had solid boots(1-2 cycles) with the odd 3 cycle boot. Been running fine for a few months now. Was able to remove DVD drive without messing with my wiring.(Had Boxxdr JTAG wiring).

Sponce

Jun 18, 2013
I'm in the same boat as you. I collected a bunch of phat consoles from locals, mostly with bad DVD drives, with the intention of repairing and glitching them. I haven't had an RJTAG get to Xell on a single Jasper, only Falcon's and Zephyr's. I'm in so much anticipation of this new chip just so I can finally clean off my bookshelf!

Edit: Okay, that was a lie, I've had ONE Jasper work and it was a 16mb SB-controller than I'm using as my primary at the moment. 1-3 cycles, but there's literally one single DIP/voltage combo that boots at all and I'm lucky it was a 1-3.

Last edited:

krypt1c

VIP Member
May 23, 2010
Nottingham
How many Jaspers did you try , i have never had any console not boot to xell.
I'm in the same boat as you. I collected a bunch of phat consoles from locals, mostly with bad DVD drives, with the intention of repairing and glitching them. I haven't had an RJTAG get to Xell on a single Jasper, only Falcon's and Zephyr's. I'm in so much anticipation of this new chip just so I can finally clean off my bookshelf!

Utmad

VIP Member
Aug 15, 2010
Southampton, UK
I only did four R-Jtag's, all were Jaspers and all of them worked perfect and two of them i fitted demons too. Wish I could get my hands on some more as I have a cupboard full of Jaspers ready for R-JTAG or Phat Proto...

Last edited:

Sponce

Jun 18, 2013
How many Jaspers did you try , i have never had any console not boot to xell.
Tried three BB Jaspers, and the one SB that worked. All three of the BB's were very close to identical. Booted fine stock, but when trying to get to Xell never got past POST-2E. Even made a support topic for one of them and no one on here could figure it out.

xzanox

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2011
Netherlands, 1336
Tried three BB Jaspers, and the one SB that worked. All three of the BB's were very close to identical. Booted fine stock, but when trying to get to Xell never got past POST-2E. Even made a support topic for one of them and no one on here could figure it out.
That is weird though...

Done 3 SB Jasper's and 3 falcons and never had a hitch with 1 one them, all great and almost 1st booters. Can't really elobarate on the bb jaspers

Crazywhitie

VIP Member
May 7, 2007
USA

I had a Jasper do this to me.. And it turned out to be the Voltage.. I Would get it to hit 2E almost everytime, then I Bridged the 1.8v and it started Booting Great.. 1-3 Glitches with a random 4-6 but the Guy was very Happy....

I Wont touch a Zephyr... they are just Dead to me

Blagus

Sep 3, 2012
EU
I tried R-JTAG on one Falcon, and I got RRoD after grabbing CPU key. It wasn't NAND, console simply got RRoD as soon as it started both R-JTAG and stock. Tried reflow, voltages were fine, I couldn't figure out what it was. Then I saw I wasn't the only one having problems, and since phat consoles are unreliable themselves, I stopped RGHing phats (got one RRoD on RGH2 too), now I do only LT+ for them.

Luckily that guy didn't care too much for it since he got it for free, I think I wouldn't touch any console ever again if I had to get him a new one.

Sponce

Jun 18, 2013
I had a Jasper do this to me.. And it turned out to be the Voltage.. I Would get it to hit 2E almost everytime, then I Bridged the 1.8v and it started Booting Great.. 1-3 Glitches with a random 4-6 but the Guy was very Happy....

I Wont touch a Zephyr... they are just Dead to me
I tried all 18 combos (36 when you factor in I tried both CPU_RST points). 1.8 got the closest. Default just lead to an infinite flashing debug LED. 1.2 would -usually- go to 2E on 1-7-8 and 6-7-8 but would have a solid LED or RRoD anything else. 1.8 would panic, standard A0, and usually go to a RRoD after 5-7 cycles (Unable to patch the SMC reset limit perhaps? I've been unable to patch on that ANY Jasper >16203)