New Xbox 360 DVD Drive Found: Lite-On 1175 DG-16D5S

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
From c4evaspeaks.com:

We’ve known this drive was in the pipeline since back in early June, and now the Lite-On 1175 DG-16D5S has finally begun to make its appearance in retail units. Check out photos of the new drive here.

The status table has been updated to include this new drive. As usual, please contact an op in the #c4e channel on EFnet IRC if you have one of these drives and are willing to send it to the team or if you can provide a full fw dump (whether current unlocking methods still work for this drive, has yet to be determined).

Thank you to “R” for providing initial insight about this drive several months ago, and to Fresh101 for his photos confirming the drive’s presence in retail units.

Morpheuspt

VIP Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portugal
Wasn't this rumored to be in development xbox's?

I very much doubt ms would release a drive with no epoxy.

j3z3l

Noob Account
Oct 15, 2011
well i just picked up an xbox 360 slim 4gb from zhers in ontario and i too have the DG-16D5S FW ver: 1175 arrrgh!!

nwo360

Noob Account
Aug 3, 2011
Also picked mine up from Best Buy, 4GB slim opened it up and have the DG-16D5S FW. Just ruined my day anyway this might help. Mines also have no glue around the chip also MFR date is 08-28-2011

viperxl2

Noob Account
Sep 29, 2011
Florida
lol, its funny how they keep pumping out these new drives from the factory only to have them defeated within a month or less. when will they give in :D

Goldensavage

VIP Member
Jul 26, 2009
Essex, UK
Hitachi Slim was not defeated.
Yeah, but you got to wonder....

Why if the hitachi has not been defeated.... do you not see them in a lot more 360's????????

Sometimes i think M$ want you to buy more 360's and ban them occasionally so you have to buy a new one to play Live.....?????

If you could never flash your drives....and then ban you. how many more 360's would they sell????? answer... a lot less. ;);)

page360

VIP Member
Apr 9, 2011
Portugal
This new drive arrived to my country by a month now, and my country is always the last one to get brand new stock. I would say Microsoft is sending all Hitachi 0502 and DG-16D5S since September 2011 because the MRF date was from August.

Last edited:

nofeloniesyet

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
im pretty sure the only reason sh*tachi slim hasnt been more of a priority to c4 is because of its low numbers,until now anyway,it seems that the last 5-6 consoles i opened that had manu dates of 2011-now have had hitachis in em. believe me,when huge numbers start showing themselves c4 will knock it on out.
far as this new liteon drive goes,has anyone out there tried any of the current unlock methods on this drive?

i guess ms figures they will flood market with dif drives to keep c4 busy.just my opinion anyway.

Support Our Sponsors