New Xbox360 Slim Motherboard: 'Corona' - HANA Chip 'Gone'

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
It looks like Microsoft released a new Xbox360 Slim motherboard codename 'Corona'.

This new motherboard was found in a Forza 4 250 Go Pack with black matte finish, a Liteon 1071 ODD and 2011-08-17 MFR. The PSU goes from 10.83A (for the orginal 'Trinity' Slim motherboard) to 9.86A.

The biggest change it that it looks like the HANA chip is "gone". It is suggested the HANA and SouthBridge have been put together into 1 chip on this new motherboard. This could have (serious) implications for the Reset Glitch Hack (RGH) as it was using the HANA chip for the timing management (but there might be alternatives). But at this time it's too early to tell. However it is (very) unlikely this is a answer from MS to the RGH ... a motherboard revision takes months of preparation and this motherboard was manufactured before the RGH was even released.

News-Source: xboxhacker.org

Jun 4, 2010
Confirms what I said already, MS wouldn't have released this to counter the RGH. It must have been in the pipelines for months even before the discovery of RGH.

maney266

Noob Account
Aug 4, 2011
What drive was in here. A friend is planning on getting the forza bundle and he'd be gutted if its was a hitachi or the new liteon

Nov 12, 2010
NW, UK
All part of M$'s [bigger] agenda...

Im sure the team will find a work around - and if they dont there are still plenty of phats and slims around that are exploitable anyways!

skiiermike

Noob Account
Sep 12, 2011
Canada
I like this news. It just goes to show that M$ is still working on the 360 and not just moving on to something new.

There has to be millions of consoles that can be used with the rgh so it's not like there's going to be a shortage anyway.

josh1095

Noob Account
Aug 31, 2011
im looking at getting a 4gb slim/kinect bundle on bfriday. are the "corona" boards everywhere now? should i be looking at the mfr date? im buying it specifically for the rgh. i have a phat now, but its rrod once before so i know im on borrowed time. is there any way yet to tell for sure if its the trinity board or this newer one?

srt4fun

Noob Account
Sep 8, 2011
California
Really no way to tell from the box, other than the manufacture date. You'll want to look for one made before August 2011. Anything after is likely to be a Corona mobo.

Support Our Sponsors