Not open for further replies.

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
Xecuter J-R Programmer Drivers ARE INCLUDED IN THE DOWNLOAD OF JRUNNER

Also includes the latest NAND-X Drivers & J-R Programmer Firmware

For Windows XP, Vista, 7 X86 & X64

If you have any problems installing the J-R Programmer drivers, this is how to fix.

The J-R Programmer uses an updated driver set that is also used by the Xecuter NAND-X but the old drivers do not work so you need to manually delete a few files and re-install with this new driver set (both the NAND-X and J-R Programmer will also work together on the same computer after you have installed the new drivers)

Open dm.jpg to see what correctly installed drivers look like in device manager

If you have a problem with one of the drivers (usually a yellow exclamation mark next to the device name) simply right click and uninstall (make sure you also tick the box that sayes "delete the driver software for this device), then manually delete the following files (some may not exist but just make sure they are all removed). We have included a bat file that will delete the files for you, del_old.bat - simply double click on it.

These files to be removed can be viewed in the image driver_files.jpg

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\PTLIBUSB0.SYS
C:\Windows\System32\PTLIBUSB0.DLL
C:\Windows\SYSWOW64\PTLIBUSB0.DLL

Now unplug the USB cable and replug (make sure the LED is green - the switch has to be to the right away from the reset button) and reinstall the new driver set. You will get a pop up notice saying 'Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software" - simply select "Install this driver software anyway"

This happens if you had older versions of NAND-X drivers previously installed

To reset the J-R Programmer make sure the switch is to the right and simply push the reset button, this will make the driver re-detect. If some reason the LED stays on RED then simply unplug the USB cable and replug - you should get a green LED. If the LED always stays on RED then it is in bootloader mode and needs programming with the latest J-R Programmer Firmware (JRP_FIRMWARE_104.hex). You can do this by using the X360USB PRO Update Tool (http://forums.360mods.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=14)

For help and support please use the Xecuter support forums www.team-xecuter.com/forums

Last edited by a moderator:

satans1978

Jan 25, 2010
write speed much slower than nand-x.... it feels like using a lpt device.... i hope there will be updates soon as far as the write speed... very slow now...
(and yes i did the update that was included with the drivers, and yes i own both devices)

but thanks anyways

BraveH43

VIP Member
Sep 13, 2008
Somewhere in the 'verse
write speed much slower than nand-x.... it feels like using a lpt device.... i hope there will be updates soon as far as the write speed... very slow now...
(and yes i did the update that was included with the drivers, and yes i own both devices)

but thanks anyways
For anyone that doesn't already know - there is a delay setting on the settings page of J-Runner. setting this to 1 or 2 should solve this 'write problem'

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com

but thanks anyways
its MUCH faster than lpt :rolleyes:

and of course its slower than nand-x its also half the price.

The upcoming J-R programmer v2 is much faster - almost as fast as Nand-x with more features for RGH3 and CoolRunner 3.

We are working on a hardware addon for v1 to make it have the speed of v2 (but it wont have the RGH3 / CoolRunner 3 features s they were discovered after v1 was produced)

badwigga

VIP Member
Nov 15, 2009
AUSTRALIA
thanks uber and xecuter nandx inbound getting excited. :smile:

halolordkiller3

Jun 23, 2012
I just got mine in the mail today and i went to install it to the computer, but nothing seems tow ork. It keeps coming up as USB Input Device no matter what I do. Could anyone help?

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
I just got mine in the mail today and i went to install it to the computer, but nothing seems tow ork. It keeps coming up as USB Input Device no matter what I do. Could anyone help?
Can you start a new thread?

STARTRONIC

Apr 12, 2011
Hello

how to install Windows 8,

already have disabled the installation of dirver signed still does not operate,
The jr programer and the nand-x.
Previously the nand-x perfeitamento worked with the old drivers.

Easiest way to get the drivers to work on Win7 and Win8 64bit is to put Windows into "test mode" To do this enter these two commands at a CMD window

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

Then restart your PC. If it worked you should see "Test Mode" displayed on bottom corner of the desktop

Llaver

Oct 25, 2012
Easiest way to get the drivers to work on Win7 and Win8 64bit is to put Windows into "test mode" To do this enter these two commands at a CMD window

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

Then restart your PC. If it worked you should see "Test Mode" displayed on bottom corner of the desktop
Still no luck, I just get the error about the device not being intended for this platform I have tried all of the usual fixes, with no luck.
I read somewhere that it's because it's corrupted in the registry, but haven't been able to find any more information about it.. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.