New Xecuter NAND-X & J-R Programmer Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

azsta1986

Aug 2, 2011
cumbria
www.facebook.com
Hi guys im having trouble installing on windows 8 this is what im gettingerror.png

Problem solved i read a post by martin c i think it was and it said to dis able drive signiture enforcment. solved it strait away THANKS team x

Last edited:

mechgamer123

VIP Member
Sep 11, 2011
I'm having an error installing drivers on Windows 8.
Whenever I install the drivers for the J-R programmer, then try and plug in the NAND-X, I get a yellow triangle in Device Manager. To get the NAND-x to be detected, I have to delete the three driver files mentioned above and reinstall the drivers for the NAND-X. However, when I do this, my J-R programmer has a yellow triangle in Device Manager. Anyone able to get around this? I have test signing on and driver signature enforcement off on my computer. [And if it matters, I have my region set to Japanese]

jsinger47

Troll Eating Dogs
Feb 6, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
I'm having an error installing drivers on Windows 8.
Whenever I install the drivers for the J-R programmer, then try and plug in the NAND-X, I get a yellow triangle in Device Manager. To get the NAND-x to be detected, I have to delete the three driver files mentioned above and reinstall the drivers for the NAND-X. However, when I do this, my J-R programmer has a yellow triangle in Device Manager. Anyone able to get around this? I have test signing on and driver signature enforcement off on my computer. [And if it matters, I have my region set to Japanese]
No, i do not believe there is a way around this on Windows 8.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Here's a hint for anyone using bespoke applications.

Before making the choice of installing the latest Operating System, ensure it's 100% supported by your bespoke apps. Don't just upgrade because you can. In the technology industry this is exactly what we do. If you MUST go with the PoS Operating System that is Windows 8, install Windows 7 on a second partition.

I still use an old HP laptop with XP SP3 on it.

Reactions: Krafter

Antalpromille

VIP Member
Aug 4, 2011
Borås, sweden
Here's a hint for anyone using bespoke applications.

Before making the choice of installing the latest Operating System, ensure it's 100% supported by your bespoke apps. Don't just upgrade because you can. In the technology industry this is exactly what we do. If you MUST go with the PoS Operating System that is Windows 8, install Windows 7 on a second partition.

I still use an old HP laptop with XP SP3 on it.
I still run XP on my machine also, dont realy see the reason to upgrade when i dont need to :p

stefanounick

VIP Member
Jun 9, 2010
Orbiting Sun
I still run XP on my machine also, dont realy see the reason to upgrade when i dont need to :p
Apart from the fact no one wants to support a 12 year old OS :p
We should still use DOS too :p

Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
Get you a Windows XP install disk. Download VMWare and build a virtual machine. This works great for getting around software incompatibilities.

What is this DOS in witch you speak of? Some sort punch card system?

Tapatalk misspelled it. Knot me.

Last edited:

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Get you a Windows XP install disk. Download VMWare and build a virtual machine. This works great for getting around software incompatibilities.

Yep, this too.

The point was really to not expect everyone else to make their software compatible just because you took the notion of upgrading your OS :)

Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
Yep, this too.

The point was really to not expect everyone else to make their software compatible just because you took the notion of upgrading your OS :)
In my trade, we have to carefully consider the OS. We're usually one and sometimes two versions behind. We can't go out and spend $2K on a computer and another $7K to $8K on software licensing just to find out it won't work or we can't get support because we're running it on something other than the required OS. For in house software we use virtual's and for customers, we downgrade the system to Windows 7.

I might just put a video guide together demonstrating the steps to setup a VM and using TX products on it. I've noticed more and more people fighting Windows 8.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com

Antalpromille

VIP Member
Aug 4, 2011
Borås, sweden
Well thats true but i still dont see the point in upgrading as long as most programs is running fine :) i might upgrade when its time for a new computer :p

Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
Wonder if there's any merit of creating a VM image with all TX apps installed...

Obviously the only hurdle would be the license for the OS itself.
Maybe build one without a product key? It would eventually time out but A. The user could input their own key or B. make copies of it and use it over and over.

stefanounick

VIP Member
Jun 9, 2010
Orbiting Sun
If only there was a download section...
Whats wrong with JR

Status
Not open for further replies.