Newbie guide for X2.6 and Xbox 1.6/1.6b

thugxb

Noob Account
May 13, 2005
question...
is the x2.6 only for xbox 1.6 cuz i install it on a very old xbox all i'm the xbox is doin' is flashin' on and off.

Skamed

Noob Account
Jul 14, 2005
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]i'm buying a Xecuter 2.6 CE w/ Programmer and was reading the guide on Xecuter 3 Installation Tutorial. I'm buying the chip witch is shoulderless. Do i have to skip the part in the guide which mentions anything about shouldering? or is there an alternative guide?[/font]

uofuguy

Noob Account
Jun 6, 2005
hey...i have installed a xecuter 2.6 ce and i have flashed it with evox....everything works fine....but i cant download or save any games yet....I have heard that i need to download a dashboard and then upgrade my hard drive....could anyone help me on what to do next? Thanks!!!!!

gra55hoppa

Noob Account
May 12, 2005
Need of Serious Help

I have a v 1.6 xbox and the 2.6ce ship. I hot swapped the chip with another XBOX that was already modded. I went to bank 2 and flashed via HTTP. I used the EVOX v16plus. I flashed just like the tutorial said it would. the xbox cut off and then I proceeded to hot swap the chip again to the xbox I wanted to Mod. As soon as I turn the power on the light goes from red to green. There is no sound of the hardware initiating. I tried to turn it on with the chip off and the XBOX goes to error 16 please contact repair center. I then put the old chip back in to it's original slot and now it to is doing the same thing (it is a v 1.0 Japanese model). I rechecked the motherboard to ensure the pins and the wires were all good and they were. I tried to install the Auto Installer Disk and still no dice. I need some desparate help. Any advice or should I just go back to the store buy a new xbox and change the new xbox with the old one?

quitecoolguy

Jul 29, 2005
Okay..im at my witts end here..i have spent all day looking for notes and site on how to load a dashboard to the xbox...i went to xbins and got unleash x. it was in a rar file so i unziped it to 7 files name English,Config,default.xbe,German,Spanish, readme, Config, and Unleashx0.2.0515a Msinfo document. I have read that you shoudl create an apps folder on the e drive (done). load the files from the folder on my pc that houses the unleashx files (done), back up my all the info form my xboxhdd to a folder on my pc (done) I went into x3cl and changed to boot sequence to e: and reboted..nothing. I then thougt well maybe the xbox doesnt know to look in the apps folder for the unleashx files so i copied the files direclty onto the E:drive reboted the xbox to e again..nothing..i even have read where in evox you have to change the xbe file...so i gave that a try..i changed the default.xbe to unleashx.xbe and reboted to e..ahhhhh i really would like to get my dash loaded this century..any help would be greatly appreiicated..

I have a 1.6 box
x3 mod chip (installed about a two weeks ago)
factory hdd
x3cl running now
proswitch
lcd screen

quitecoolguy

Jul 29, 2005
(update) I got the dashboard to load..here is some info. in case you run into the same problem...in x3cl there is a feature that has the xbox always boot to x3cl i had to disable this feature and then tell my xbox to boot up starting with the e:drive. i did not put the unleash.xbe file in a folder but left it out on the e: drive...hit the cold boot feature..and up popped the unleash dash board...now that i know how..i will be looking at some other dashes to see which one i like the best.. hopes this helps someone..if so hit my reputation button up

Thanks and happy modding

Last edited:

quitecoolguy

Jul 29, 2005
uofuguy....i can point you in the right direction ..im kinda new to this myself if you have gotten your bios flashed then great. You need to be able to ftp to your xbox..there are many tut. on how to do that. The best way is to have a network set up this is what i have. You will need to down load a ftp program i use flashfxp it a free 30 day trial. you bios should give you the current ip address of you box. Once you have that ip address you will have to ftp that address, i dont use Evox i flased the x3cl build 3249 (i think thats it, not looking at right now) it tells you the ip address , the user name and the password..you will need these to connect. if you dont have a network (via a router or hub) then you can use what they call crossover cables..do a google on those. it basicly a network cable with two of the wires switched to allow connection from machine to machine. you will then need to go to xbins to get the dashboard. God help you if you dont know how to do that, but if you have the bios im sure that where you got it. just go there and get a dashboard. I like Unleash x to start out. well actually x3cl helped me a great deal..although it isnt a dashboard it had alot of feature like one. once you get your dash board saved to your pc you will then ftp and connect with the xbox. I dont recommend you putting your dash on the e or f drive to play around first , that way if you dont like it you can just delete it and then put another on in. Make sure before you go playing around with dashboards you ftp a copy of your orginial xbox hhd to a folder on your desktop incase something crazy happens. Ftp will be how you copy "copies of games you own im sure" you just stick a game in the dvd drive of the xbox, ftp and connect to it view the content in D: (i think) and you will see the files for the games..that simple. as for the new hdd having x3cl made it easy for me. you need to read the tuts. to get a good understanding of what you doing and why your doing it. The basic concept is a:find and buy a drive that is on the list of hdd as being lockable..read the tuts. to fiind out what this means and why. or pm me. 2:copy your oem hdd files to a folder on the pc 3:install new hdd, have the dashboard format and set up the new drive 4: have program like config magic lock the drive for you. you dont have to lock the drive but you will have to read the tuts. on why you dont need to..hopes this help...hit my rep button up if it helps

quitecoolguy

Jul 29, 2005
made a mistake

[QUOTE=. I dont recommend you putting your dash on the e or f drive to play around first , that way if you dont like it you can just delete it and then put another on in.

Sorry about this line..i meant to say i DO recommend you putting the dash on e or f so that you have the option to boot from that drive first to load the dash stored on that drive. if you want play around with 2 dashboards ..put one on e the other on f and then select which drive you want to boot from according to what dash you want to load

Last edited:

quitecoolguy

Jul 29, 2005
Your gona have to play around with the media thing..and see just what media your box will read. There is a guy named Martin on the forum how knows his stuff about the box and the whole modding thing and he say this works

"The best DVD-R for the Xbox is Ritek with the G04/05 dye." per Martin

So i dont credit for that info..but to tell you the truth.. i dont even bother with makig disk..getting a bigger hdd in the box and copying the games to the hdd is the way to go..that way when you done playing the game..ftp to the xbox copy the files from the game to a folder on you pc burn a copy on dvd and put it up for safe keeping . If you want to play it again..just ftp the files back over to the xbox..it really easy to do and you dont end up like i did with 3 or 4 packs of 25 dvd disk laying around waiting to be used to copy my next netflick movie i get in the mail ..when i was going to use them to copy games..just some advise..if it helps hit my rep up. if you need any help on putting in a hdd let me know i will do what i can. What are you using to create the ISO file and what are you using to burn it to disk....just curious

quitecoolguy

Jul 29, 2005
you will need a dashboard but is doesnt have to be evox..i used unleashx but it your choice...its the chip that allow you play backed up games not the dashboard...so you can play backups in X3cl the os that part of the x3 chip...however you do need a dashboard...so play around with one till you find the one you like ..then down load dvd to xbox and place it in you apps folder on the xbox hdd also make sure you upgrade your hdd if your gona be copying games to the hdd. In unleashx "since that is what i am using " when i go to apps in the dashbard xbox to dvd is right there and i can select it from the dashboard. which makes it cool and it also has a game manger built in
hopes this helps

DJSnels

Aug 30, 2005
hi all!!!

i`ve flashed X2 5035 to my chip now...everything`s fine. he boots up the xboxdash (with Xecuter rox my box at the bottem)

i`ve tryed the unleashX bootdisk and i made a ISO from it (nero). but when i put the cd in my xbox he say`s (again) that he can`t recognize the cd. maby my bios has the wrong settings orso???(if possible)

plz help me cos i`ve already spend days reading!!!:(

prsplayer

Aug 4, 2005
The xbox is picky about the discs you use. I went through a ton of discs before i got one to work. I use Ritek dvd-r discs with the go5 die it works on just about every xbox. they are hard to find so i got mine off ebay and you are burning the disc right you just need better discs.:D

Last edited:

DarcX3

Noob Account
Sep 28, 2005
Hey guys, first time poster here. I was just wondering if its just me or anyone else whose having this problem. When I go into the command prompt to use the copy /b command to combine the bios files...it just isnt working. im trying to do 2 512l 5035 1.6 files and its not doing anything. Says the files are copied but the single 512kb file never changes... Any suggestions?

Ant

Big_Whoopin

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2004
SE Pennsylvania, USA
Is your copy command structured like this-
copy file1.bin + file2.bin file3.bin /b

copy - well, we know what that is.
file1.bin - source file #1
+ - indicates an append/concatenate
file2.bin - source file #2, can be the same as #1
file3.bin - output file
/b - switch to tell the copy command to use binary mode copy

This is assuming the WinXP command interpreter is used. On other OSes your mileage may vary.

-Whoopin'