No Stable Releases

badpix11

Jul 13, 2018
Is there any plan to bring back the stable releases?

The last stable release was V2.5.2 (31. Jan) more than a half year ago.

This means CFW for 7.x+ are still in BETA...

badpix11

Jul 13, 2018
Because some releases in the past made problems with fuses, licensing or rcm.

So when the SX 2.8 is fully stable why is it not released on the stable branch yet?

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
Absolutely not all versions of sx os will receive support. It's just the naming convention of the releases that is causing confusion.

It has been discussed to do away with the beta - stable channels anyway and just move everything as stable.

If the build has hit the public, it has been tested. If there happen to be bugs that got overlooked, we will put out another release right away.

Reactions: badpix11

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
When I said that, the beta was not 2.9

Currently the 2.9 beta is very buggy.

I do not recommend using the current beta.

Please look at the time stamp of posts here to keep things in context.

badpix11

Jul 13, 2018
I'm still thinking a stable release would not be bad for the community since the latest betas have broken functions.

DevilzCY

Jul 30, 2018
It's not the question of one person, it's many's honestly. There is a point of having SX OS 'Stable' Product Support forum, isn't there?

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
SX OS is a project that is constantly under development.

People are impatient enough waiting for these unstable builds.

I don't even want to imagine the rage that would come from you guys if we waited until every bug was found and the product was developed into a completely stable state before every release.
---
You can wait even longer for stable builds, or you you can deal with unstable beta releases that are usable but offer compatibility with newer firmwares. Which would you prefer?

Recently we have put a much stronger emphasis on testing, so I hope sx os will get back to a stable build, but this may have to happen in steps.

BabaYagaJW

May 8, 2019
USA
I actually see it a bit differently.

The only "beta" release, is the most recent. Once a new Beta comes out, all the previous versions are now stable since they have been in the field for a while.

The only exception was 2.9.0 which had the errors. Hopefully, that just gets pulled from the site and no one uses it.

DevilzCY

Jul 30, 2018
SX OS is a project that is constantly under development.

People are impatient enough waiting for these unstable builds.

I don't even want to imagine the rage that would come from you guys if we waited until every bug was found and the product was developed into a completely stable state before every release.
---
You can wait even longer for stable builds, or you you can deal with unstable beta releases that are usable but offer compatibility with newer firmwares. Which would you prefer?

Recently we have put a much stronger emphasis on testing, so I hope sx os will get back to a stable build, but this may have to happen in steps.
Yes it is correct about the wait. However, the stable version should also deserve some loves and may be support the older firmware version is fine. Some people don't care and push to the newest build. Some can wait for stable and use it even though it only support the older version. For example let's say the newest beta support 9.0.1 while the stable supports 8.0

It just weird that there is a support forum for a stable version which has been stopped for a long while.

fanclub

Noob Account
Aug 28, 2018
i personally think that v2.8 should have been promoted to a stable release... it's the only version of SXOS that has never crashed for me. i'm still using it with fw 8.1 and i've never needed to restart the console since updating to it

Reactions: Game_Over

badpix11

Jul 13, 2018
The impatience is really needless since the most releases in following month(s) are still build on a older fw (master key).
So there would be some time to test the beta build before the newest fw is really required for the games.

I'm really happy to hear that you bring back the stable releases!
Thank you!

pka4916

Aug 25, 2018
Getting the impression that he is just trolling.. Everyone uses the latest beta afaik. only 1 user is complaining.

2.9.2 works great and a lot of new features.

Reactions: mmajunkie77