no voltage on pin 3 v1.6b xbox

revelcet

Noob Account
Jun 16, 2005
I am what you would call a semi noob, I have done many xbox mods in the past but this is my first using the lpc rebuild, I am an electronics technician so I know my around the work bench, that being said I am having a problem.

I have an xecuter 3ce with the x3 control pannel, I have the pin header installed and upon checking my voltages there all as there supposed to be except pin 3 which as I understad it is the lframe, It reads 0 volts, should that not be 3.3 volts on a v 1.6b? where on the mother board can I check for continuity to pin 3. Also Has anybody read about using a 620 ohm resistor on the lframe to prolong the life of a moded xbox? not sure if this is a factor for the xecuter 3ce or not. Thanks for the help, without sites like this, it would be very costly to be a noob.

mmicrosysm

VIP Member
Feb 20, 2005
Armpit of America
My v1.6 LPC readings WORKING XBOX. Hope it helps:)

Pin 1)1.6v LClk
Pin 2)GND
Pin 3).24v LFRAME
Pin 4)NA
Pin 5)3.3v RST
Pin 6)NA
Pin 7)3.3v LAD3
Pin 8)3.4v LAD2
Pin 9)3.3v Vcc
Pin 10)3.3v LAD1
Pin 11)3.3v LAD0
Pin 12)GND
Pin 13)3.3v
Pin 14)3.3v
Pin 15)3.3v Vcc
Pin 16)NA

revelcet

Noob Account
Jun 16, 2005
Thanks for the reply, I see that your lframe has .24v but in the trouble shooting post he lists that it should have 3.3v, Can anyone tell me what pin 3 is supposed to have on a v1.6b? thanks

mmicrosysm

VIP Member
Feb 20, 2005
Armpit of America
revelcet said:
Thanks for the reply, I see that your lframe has .24v but in the trouble shooting post he lists that it should have 3.3v, Can anyone tell me what pin 3 is supposed to have on a v1.6b? thanks
Well thats wierd as my version 1.6 Xbox works chip enabled/disabled.:D
Does this xbox boot with chip out or disabled? Just trying to get somemore background information of your problem.

Here is a LFRAME point you can check for continuity/voltage with your pin 3. Next to 7C1

revelcet

Noob Account
Jun 16, 2005
Problem solved, as is with most trouble, it was the soldering, had to touchup a few pins, Mod chip is now installed and everything is right with the world, EXCEPT, does anybody know anything about insatlling a resistor on the lfram to prolong the life of the xbox with a mod chip? I have read a few posts saying that when the do is pulled to ground by the mod chip that there have been measured up in the range of 60 or more milliamps. if this is true it is very bad, has anyone got any info on this?

mmicrosysm

VIP Member
Feb 20, 2005
Armpit of America
I believe you are refering to this: http://xbox.bula.nu/resistor_install_1.6.asp

Last I know Xecuter tried addressing this with BIOS 3288 Beta.

Here is a quote from Xecuter about this LFRAME issue and then decide if you want to put the resistor in or not.

Team Xecuter said:
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica] well v1.6 boxes are about 8 months old now. you have more chance of breaking your xbox by doing a nut job on the soldering than anything happening with the "lframe issue".

It's scaremongering tactics by a certain team - look at the history it's not like they haven't done it before

We are still looking at it but tbh its at the bottom of the list of priorities for new features. At the moment it causes more problems than it fixes so we won't be including it until such a time where it works in a stable fashion.

I mean who's to say that permanently forcing your Xbox into its own debug mode isn't causing a problem for v1.0 - v1.5 boxes ? WHat about all those xbox's that had a backdoor flash rom patch mod fitted like enigmah or xtender with all those 29 wires - that was doing sh*t to your Xbox that was definatley not supposed to be happeneing - do you know how many of those Xbox's are still working happily ? And thats what - 3 years ago and counting - and with an old crappy version of the Xbox ?

Now stop being paranoid - if this ever becomes a problem (lets say 3 years down the road) you can bitch at me then - but would you? as your Xbox will be a doorstop by then anyway - PSX over PS2 anyone ?
[/font]

Halo_2

Mar 16, 2011
As it’s been years now do I cut lframe and add a resistor or just leave it?