No X3 CONFIG

KaRnAsH

OK heres the deal

I helped a friend install the X3 and after a few tries and resoldering and fragging etc, etc we had it working. We upgraded FlashBios with no probs and installed the bios on the first 1mb bank. Everything worked like a charm for a week.

Then we went to a lan party and after returning to his house the chip would not turn on. So we check all soldering points and resoldered and it worked. The problem now was that it was showing error 13 and 14 with the chip off. Since this forum was down, I checked another one and found that if I used Slayers 2.6 rebuild factory HD feature this would take care of the service error issue. Sure enough it did but now i cant get the X3 Config Dash.

The xbox boots only to M$dash with chip on or off. so i tried reflashing using the backup flashbios and still the same. I changed to second 1mb bank and flashed again with x3 1959 and nothing.

How do I get back the x3config "dash" screen when the chip is enabled?

Now that the chip has been flashed on both 1mb banks is the chip screwed?

Need help

sirshady420

VIP Member
Nov 2, 2004
Erie, Pennsyltucky
Maybe the slayers disk disabled your boot to config....Try holding the WHITE button on your controller when booting!!! This may help, it may not!!

sirshady420

VIP Member
Nov 2, 2004
Erie, Pennsyltucky
Also if that is the problem, just go into you Config settings and re-enable the boot to config live!!!

KaRnAsH

Thanks for the reply.

I will do this. Hopefully thats was the case. Ill let my friend do this and see.

Alos about my question about the X3 1959 bios being in both the 1Mb partitions. is there a way to fix this? what if he needs or wants to put a smaller bios on the chip?

Is there a way to erase the 1 mb bios on the second 1mb bank?

Hamese

Jun 1, 2004
Houston, TX
If you have a smaller bios, like the m8 256k from Evox, then you can put it on one of the 256k banks. Since the 1meg banks consists of four 256k's, with the x3 bios loaded on bank 1 you have four left.

bank 5, 6, 7, and 8 are open to do what you need. There are tuts that show the switch settings. I use bank eight and the setting is off,off,off,on,off. When you flash a bank, it will try to flash the bank the switches are set to... that is how you manage it.

I would load the new bios into C:\bios, set the switches for the appropriate bank, boot with the backup flashbios (power and eject buttons together), and select load bios from HDD. Select your bios, and it should be all good from there.

KaRnAsH

OK Thanks again

I had checked the switch settings and understand that part. My main concern is that we flashed both 1MB banks with the 1959 bios. soe the chip should be full. Is there a way to eras one of the 1MB banks or can I just select a 256Mb bank for example and flash a 256MB bios on it no problem?

manu_xl

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2004
BELGIUM (ghent)
error 13: reinstall original ms dash files

dunno why you reflashed your chip

Last edited:

zapco

Dec 8, 2002
x360 usb pro...Phat failed

Im having probs getting my x360 usb pro to get the key from a liteon dg- 16d2s.

I get as far as putting the probe 3 on the mpx01 point and getting the dive to status 52, but when I remove the probe and press the 3.3v switch off and then on again I get the message PhatKey failed`... Help please:)

ReMix

Console Freak
Nov 4, 2003
after removing the probe, you power cycle the drive, not the 3.3v switch

so if you are using the ck3, just flick the power switch off, wait, then flick it on, then press ok

xvanwilderx

Console Guru
Dec 7, 2003
after removing the probe, you power cycle the drive, not the 3.3v switch

so if you are using the ck3, just flick the power switch off, wait, then flick it on, then press ok
In the Pogo Mo Thoin (Non-Cap) using Jungleflasher guide and the Jungle Flasher Tutorial 1.4.0 it says to switch 3.3V off then on again (not complete drive power using connectivity kit). In the Jungle Flasher software, the pop-up box tells us to power off drive.

It has worked for me using the 3.3V switch as well as using the power on my connectivity kit (though I get better luck powering off and on the drive using the connectivity kit).

GodZilla

Console Freak
Oct 31, 2003
interesting stuff - i have never had mine fail once using 3.3v switch. out of hundreds of tests! hence the reason its in the tutorial!

strucdown

Console Master
Nov 16, 2003
i also found that if i powered of the ck3 then back on again it failed so you have to use the 3v switch to get this to work( if using ck3 pro and ck3 probe 3 )

xvanwilderx

Console Guru
Dec 7, 2003
Well, when the PMT was first released I made one right away and used the power switch on my Maximus Xtractor instead of the 3.3v switch on my PMT after removing the probe.
Both ways seemed to work okay for me.