non-tech education on RGH, JTAG, demon, etc.

mr2face

Sep 6, 2012
as i'm trying to purchase a pre-modded system (which many members of this forum are kind enough to help with), i'm finding various terms and concepts i'm just not familiar with. i thought i'd ask this so it can help other noobs as well.

please provide only NON TECHNICAL explanations. for instance, when i ask about RGH, i'm not looking for the pulse sent to processor etc. i'm looking for stuff like - this is what it does like region free, or play backups, etc.

1. what is the real purpose of RGH or JTAG? apart from playing unsigned code?

2. what are the different versions of RGH for? what are the general improvements in them or added features?

3. what is NAND or Dual NAND- i know it stands for Not AND, but really how does it relate to x360 and what does it really do?

4. i hear a lot of different things like Jasper, m****x, Demon- what is that about? same thing new versions? different features? i had to edit this post as i might have included a different brand of hack- popular movie name. just want to get educated so moderators please allow

5. i understand with dual NAND you can play xbox live. what about xbox key? how does dual NAND enable you to play xbox live in a way that the original xbox doesnt? i could simply get a subscription and go online yes?

thanks in advance. hopefully with your advice i can make a good buying decision. maybe i don't need demon, and i can do with a lower console or hack? maybe i don't need xbox key or maybe i do?

IronMan72

VIP Member
May 13, 2004
USA
The answers to all of these questions can be found in the stickies. If your not willing to invest the time to help yourself there's nobody here that's going to want to help you either.

Turdfurgeson82

VIP Member
Sep 12, 2010
Ohio
Yeah before you get tore up by everybody for not searching take some time and read all the info that can be found here. Then if you still have some questions im sure we will be glad to help

mr2face

Sep 6, 2012
wow talk abotu arrogance. maybe next time you guys have a question from a doctor, don't be a lazy bum and read a medical encyclopedia. you guys are acting like experts- useless without being able to help someone. instead of acting arrogant here, maybe think you're not an expert at everything- so next time you need some help and CAN'T UNDERSTAND SOMETHING YOU MAY HAVE READ ONLINE- figure it out yourself rather than look for help.

and for the kind gentleman called ELITE- i probably know more about google than you do. i simply couldn't understand what was written around the forum, hence i listed specific questions and even wrote NON TECHNICAL. but i guess you're all too arrogant to actually read it- considering this is where you guys are tough but the rest of your actual lives, you're nothing!

bernzburnz

BANNED
Mar 23, 2006
San Diego, Killafornia
as i'm trying to purchase a pre-modded system (which many members of this forum are kind enough to help with), i'm finding various terms and concepts i'm just not familiar with. i thought i'd ask this so it can help other noobs as well.

please provide only NON TECHNICAL explanations. for instance, when i ask about RGH, i'm not looking for the pulse sent to processor etc. i'm looking for stuff like - this is what it does like region free, or play backups, etc.

1. what is the real purpose of RGH or JTAG? apart from playing unsigned code?

2. what are the different versions of RGH for? what are the general improvements in them or added features?

3. what is NAND or Dual NAND- i know it stands for Not AND, but really how does it relate to x360 and what does it really do?

4. i hear a lot of different things like Jasper, m****x, Demon- what is that about? same thing new versions? different features? i had to edit this post as i might have included a different brand of hack- popular movie name. just want to get educated so moderators please allow

5. i understand with dual NAND you can play xbox live. what about xbox key? how does dual NAND enable you to play xbox live in a way that the original xbox doesnt? i could simply get a subscription and go online yes?

thanks in advance. hopefully with your advice i can make a good buying decision. maybe i don't need demon, and i can do with a lower console or hack? maybe i don't need xbox key or maybe i do?

1) It has many purposes and whats my main purpose can differ from yours. What seems to be the most popular is storing games on hard drive and playing them without physical disc i.e 360, xbox live, xbox classic & emulators.

2)RGH 1 is for phat consoles and works on zephyr, falcon & jasper motherboards with dashboard version 2.0.14699 and lower. You pretty much get instant boots with RGH1. Zephyr's can be picky sometimes and you can't run the DemoN with RGH1. RGH 2 currently only works on falcon and jasper motherboards and thats for dashboards 2.0.146717, 2.0.14719. Boot times can be up to 2 minutes with RGH2. You need RGH2 for DemoN to work with phats.

3)Dual nand literally means you have two nands on one xbox. The DemoN has one nand and thats where you write your RGH glitch image and the xbox's nand stays stock. This way you can have RGH & xbox live on one xbox. You can switch between the nands by powering down and holding the sync button for 2 seconds. You can also use the button on the Demon usb module to switch between RGH and stock nand.

4)I'm not sure what you mean but here it goes. Jasper is a model of a phat motherboard. m****x is another team of hackers and is not TX. DemoN is Team Xecuter's dual nand solution for phat and slim xbox 360's.

5)Yes with dual nand you can go on xbox live. X-k3y is for noobs that cant solder and it doesn't run unsigned code. X-k3y only allows you to play iso's off an external hard drive and it lets you disable it for xbox live mode. Dual nand doesn't change the way xbox live works. It simply lets you have RGH on one nand and stock dash on your xbox nand. You can play backups on live if you have your dvd drive flashed.

6)your last sentence was harsh bro. They were just saying to do some research. Hope this clears some confusion about all the possibilities of a Dual Nand systems.

Last edited:
Reactions: mr2face

mr2face

Sep 6, 2012
1) It has many purposes and whats my main purpose can differ from yours. What seems to be the most popular is storing games on hard drive and playing them without physical disc i.e 360, xbox live, xbox classic & emulators.

2)RGH 1 is for phat consoles and works on zephyr, falcon & jasper motherboards with dashboard version 2.0.14699 and lower. You pretty much get instant boots with RGH1. Zephyr's can be picky sometimes and you can't run the DemoN with RGH1. RGH 2 currently only works on falcon and jasper motherboards and thats for dashboards 2.0.146717, 2.0.14719. Boot times can be up to 2 minutes with RGH2. You need RGH2 for DemoN to work with phats.

3)Dual nand literally means you have two nands on one xbox. The DemoN has one nand and thats where you write your RGH glitch image and the xbox's nand stays stock. This way you can have RGH & xbox live on one xbox. You can switch between the nands by powering down and holding the sync button for 2 seconds. You can also use the button on the Demon usb module to switch between RGH and stock nand.

4)I'm not sure what you mean but here it goes. Jasper is a model of a phat motherboard. m****x is another team of hackers and is not TX. DemoN is Team Xecuter's dual nand solution for phat and slim xbox 360's.

5)Yes with dual nand you can go on xbox live. X-k3y is for noobs that cant solder and it doesn't run unsigned code. X-k3y only allows you to play iso's off an external hard drive and it lets you disable it for xbox live mode. Dual nand doesn't change the way xbox live works. It simply lets you have RGH on one nand and stock dash on your xbox nand. You can play backups on live if you have your dvd drive flashed.

6)your last sentence was harsh bro. They were just saying to do some research. Hope this clears some confusion about all the possibilities of a Dual Nand systems.
thanks very much- i did not want to be harsh but i find that sometimes people are less helpful and more egoistic about what they know.

if you asked me a question about finance, i would actually answer, although there is more about finance out there than probably any other subject.

also, people need to realize something- without a consumer, a noob, what point is all this 'expertise'? what is the point of having a billion dollars if you cant do anything with it?

BTW i did research but i just couldn't get the specific answers i was looking for. thanks for that. Ok to send you some follow up questions?