NSP file failed to install / could not open

Richsk

Noob Account
Oct 6, 2019
Slovakia
Greetings, I have problem with installing some nsp files like Pokemon Let's go or Pokemon Tournament. I tried to install it trough both, first version of SX installer and SX Installer 3.0 but nothing works. At the in-built SX installer, game does not have picture (just white square), unknown developer and v.0. At the SX Installer 3.0 the file even does not show. I tried to navigate to root of SD (with File browser in SXi 3.0) where nsp is placed but on the SX installer showing that the file has 0B and when I try to install it anyway and the pop up shows with text on it failed to open NSP.

Do you guys know why this is happening to me on some games? The nsp file is 100% working, because my friend installed it on his Switch.
My SX os and Firmware is the newest version out there. SX OS V2.9.2, firmware 9.0.1.
Thank you very much.

imprezgc8

Bannnnnn-Kai!
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Sounds like Corrupted files or SD card. I would redump your game and try to install it again.

Richsk

Noob Account
Oct 6, 2019
Slovakia
Sounds like Corrupted files or SD card. I would redump your game and try to install it again.
I tried it but it's still the same problem. Some games can be installed and these can be played. Game never crashed or anything like that, so I don't think the problem is in the sd card. Today, I dumped Dragon Quest XI S and this is not working too. Blank space in sx installer. Here is the photo: https://imgur.com/C89yMsM

imprezgc8

Bannnnnn-Kai!
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
I have not tried that game specifically, but it is almost 100% something with your SD card. I would back up your saves and license, reformat to fat32 and try just dragon quest again. If you have another SD card that would make it faster and easier to test as well. I would suggest making a fresh dump as well once you reformat the SD.

ydnacp

Noob Account
Jan 28, 2020
Eutope
Hi Richsk

Did you find a solution?

I have the same problem and on my case, I've realized that if I install in the switch internal storage it works.
- So same NSP file when installed in the SD card does not work "white square" / installed in the switch internal storage works properly.

I'm running:
- SXOS 2.9.3 beta
- Firmware 9.1.0
- SDCard exFAT 128GB

PS. A couple of games does install and run normally on this same SD Card.

Hackerjac

The Minifigure
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Jun 2, 2010
Denmark
Hi Richsk

Did you find a solution?

I have the same problem and on my case, I've realized that if I install in the switch internal storage it works.
- So same NSP file when installed in the SD card does not work "white square" / installed in the switch internal storage works properly.

I'm running:
- SXOS 2.9.3 beta
- Firmware 9.1.0
- SDCard exFAT 128GB

PS. A couple of games does install and run normally on this same SD Card.
Your problem is 99% sure caursed by either corrupt data on SD card or fake SD card