NSP files do not appear in sxos

jadenite822

Noob Account
Dec 1, 2018
I’m having an issue with my NSP files, none of them are showing up on my mSD card to be installed. I’ve already tried the following:
-delete and copy files back to the card
-format the card (full not quick)
-place files on root of card(instead of sxos/nsp)

What else can I try?

Currently using sxos 2.8
Installer 2.0
Firmware 8.1.0

imprezgc8

Bannnnnn-Kai!
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
SX Installer will not, by default, read from the root of the SD card. You could add any folders manually that you want it to scan though. If you have them in the sxos/nsp folder and they are not showing in the Installer it could possibly be a character in the name of the file that is causing it to not be read.

Reactions: Mikodu25

modojojo

Noob Account
Dec 9, 2019
new york
SX Installer will not, by default, read from the root of the SD card. You could add any folders manually that you want it to scan though. If you have them in the sxos/nsp folder and they are not showing in the Installer it could possibly be a character in the name of the file that is causing it to not be read.
The new 2.9.3 SX OS Beta can read directly from the root of the SD card no folder needed. You can then go to the installer and see all the games and updates, and install them If you choose.

imprezgc8

Bannnnnn-Kai!
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
The new 2.9.3 SX OS Beta can read directly from the root of the SD card no folder needed. You can then go to the installer and see all the games and updates, and install them If you choose.
Correct, but as the OP listed, he is using SX Installer 2.0, not the Album.