Official SX AUTOLOADER Discussion

fire

Noob Account
Nov 5, 2019
indo
not working at all
I have put the files and saw that on the sxos/titles there's the folder 00FF0012656180FF
when I copied the file, I remove my microsd (means I turn off the switch, so no need to restart again right ?)
tried to open my xci, wait about 2-5 mins, nothing happened.
is there anymore step to do ?

ps : well my microsd is 512 gb. maybe it would need much more time?

ps again : now working very nice. what i did was rename the sxos folder to sxos1, and then copy the autoloader again to sxos folder
turn the switch on again.. and voila.. IT WORKED...
problem is.. now sx os album wont list my xci.. haha

another ps : so for u guys that autoloader didnt work, here's what I did. copy all xci to the root of microsd (before they are in sxos/xci folder and when I rename the sxos to sxos1, so the album wont find the xci files). rename sxos to sxos1 or sxos2, and then copied the sxos folder from autoloader. and voila.. all worked beautifully

Last edited:

Palinkat

Apr 5, 2018
Reported in another thread here. Thought I would consolidate here.
SX Autoloader cannot handle Unicode extended characters in filenames, straight crash while scanning.
Removing extended characters resolves the problem.
Please add support for extended characters.

TX!!

Angel'sModz

Noob Account
Nov 6, 2019
USA
Mostly anything with special characters wont load at all honestly, not just the autoloader. Other switch apps, themes and what not cant have special characters.

Palinkat

Apr 5, 2018
Thanks. As far as .xci files are concerned, I have no problems with extended characters in filenames in the Album menu and SX Installer.
Only in Autoloader.
I cannot speak for other apps, themes, etc, just .xci
Plus Unicode support is basic software requirement.

Reactions: Angel'sModz

Erpazzo78

Noob Account
May 17, 2019
Italia
Anche io con caricatore automatico mi da errore
Senza caricatore automatico installato non da nessun errore.Fate un fix per app

Noms

Oct 5, 2018
Aberdeen, Scotland
I suspect the users with the crash either have weird / custom xci files, custom theme, or some other item on the sd card causing the crash.

Just got a chance to try this out and it works perfectly.
I am on sysnand 9.0.1 and 2.90.2 and my sd card is exFAT.

One thing though - I already had an sxos folder on the sd with a couple of folders in the titles folder.
These have been on my sd card since day 1 when I first setup DevMenu
I guessed that if I just copied the new sxos folder it would replace the one I already had, so what I did was merged the two titles folders.
Dunno if this is important or not but thought I'd mention it anyways

Congrats and a big thanx to Team-Xecuter for this awesome add-on

CaptainCPS

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2019
Puerto Rico
github.com
Autoloader v1.2 working fine here, no issues so far, tried to reproduce the previous issues I found, but it is all cool.

PS: My switch / test environment info can be found on my signature.

SeeYa!
:D

Reactions: NuRaider

1timeGuy

Noob Account
Nov 1, 2019
Earth
Changelog v1.2
  • General overall stability fixes
  • Fixed bug with to many folders being searched
  • Fixed bug caused by layerfs
  • Fixed bug with long filenames
  • Hardware accelerated decryption
  • Cache directories created if missing

Hi Garyopa,

An online update function for the app would be quite useful, I guess. Your efforts are much appreciated! Thanks.

Pepois

Noob Account
Jul 8, 2019
Argentina
Hi Garyopa and TeamXecuter,

Thank you so much for the update it really improves the experience SO much!!! Now that you guys have figured out how to cache games, could it be possible to cache the games inside the album folder in order to avoid scanning the album’s folder every single time we open it. It takes a ton of time to finish the scanning process, specially if you have several games etc. Perhaps you could implement a button for manual scannning/refreshing or have a feature to auto-detect when new games have been added etc and only then fire up a scan. I totally believe that would be a super step up too since the UI inside the album is super nice and fast, and you can just load any game from your collection and not be limited to just the ones you have previously played in the home screen. I hope you could prioritize this feature and put it in your backlog... and perhaps let us know if it would be easy to implement etc.

Anyway, thank you once again!!!
Warm regards dear TeamXecuter,
Pepois

Last edited:

ILLPLEASA

Jan 27, 2005
I extracted the .rar file and placed the “sxos” folder onto the root of my SD card and this is not working for me. When I click an xci ive previously loaded , it says “insert game cart” and stays there never switching to the XCI... is there something I am doing wrong or missing?

To clarify, my xci’s are in the root:/switch/Xci folder ... do they have to be in the root:/sxos/Xci folder instead to work propely?

CaptainCPS

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2019
Puerto Rico
github.com
I extracted the .rar file and placed the “sxos” folder onto the root of my SD card and this is not working for me. When I click an xci ive previously loaded , it says “insert game cart” and stays there never switching to the XCI... is there something I am doing wrong or missing?

To clarify, my xci’s are in the root:/switch/Xci folder ... do they have to be in the root:/sxos/Xci folder instead to work propely?
Try using:

sd:/sxos/xci

And restart the switch (soft restart will do).

SeeYa!
:D

hweehui

Noob Account
Sep 15, 2018
I extracted the rar file to the root of SD. And rebooted it. Nothing happenend. I used sd:/sxos/xci. Not working at all.

Palinkat

Apr 5, 2018
Could someone confirm that filenames with extended characters are supported in 1.2?

Thanks a lot!!