Official SX Installer v3.02 Discussion

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
Our popular SX Installer app has been updated today, along with SX Server for Windows!

SX302.png

Today, we bring you the latest version of our very popular SX Installer app, and to make it even more popular, we have added cool new features, like for example 'launching your Retro Game ROMs for emulators directly from gDrive' and 'parental control' to disable Switch Firmware Updates, and File Browser for those wanting their Switch to be fully kid-safe, so check out the full changelog below and enjoy this nice update from us during your Holidays! :)

SX Installer v3.02 Changelog
  • Fixed issue creating dropbox directories.
  • Fixed issue not being able to b-button-exit when using title override instead of forwarder.
  • Fixed occasional crash when trying to install games that have corrupted metadata.
  • Added support for 9.1.0.
  • General font and translation improvements.
  • Added option to preload icons.
  • Added Help section.
  • Added "Recommended" section.
  • Added Parental Mode to make app safe for young children.
  • Changed game save backup format to store game saves in zip files (much faster syncs to gdrive).
  • Disabled sleep when backing up all game saves.
  • Added ability to set comments on game save files.
  • Improved Retroarch rom loading.
  • Rom icon's are now loaded automatically.
SX Server v1.21 Changelog
  • Small tweak to allow gDrive API Full Write Access.
That's all for today, and Happy Holidays, from all of us at TX! :)

—< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >—

RomikB

Sep 24, 2018
So... Can I update SX Installer 3.01 to 3.02 from it self. Hmmm... Of cause not...

morvoran

Nov 7, 2011
It appears that we have to manually update to this version as it can't be updated from within v3.01 through the homebrew store menu. It says 3.02 is installed, but when you exit out and reopen it, it reverts back to 3.01

noreason4

Noob Account
Nov 9, 2019
Anywhere
Every XCI I install via SX Installer will fail the “corrupted data“ test under switch settings - software - game title - Check for corrupted data. Is this the case for anyone else? All imstalled NSPs are fine. I already deleted my emunand and formatted my SD but the effect stays the same. Switch 9.1 with latest SX OS and SX Installer 3.02

• Wow
Reactions: morgul

Deymos

Noob Account
Nov 28, 2019
Spain
i cant update the installer. I have running 3.0 version without any problema. SX OX last version and firm 9.1.0.
I try two methods:
1) open the rar file for V3.02, with winrar and overwrite every archive in root microsd
2) first erasing all files and put new files. (switch/sx folder)

When i try open installer always have and error "archives fault".

What is the possible solution?

Last edited:

Deymos

Noob Account
Nov 28, 2019
Spain
Any sol
i cant update the installer. I have running 3.0 version without any problema. SX OX last version and firm 9.1.0.
I try two methods:
1) open the rar file for V3.02, with winrar and overwrite every archive in root microsd
2) first erasing all files and put new files. (switch/sx folder)

When i try open installer always have and error "archives fault".

What is the possible solution?
Any solution plz?

optantic

VIP Member
May 2, 2010
how do you use cheats with SX Installer 3.02 now that the game must be closed before you could open SX Installer

fredward

Noob Account
Nov 5, 2019
chicago
I am on 3.0.2 yesterday it worked fine then today i got error on it. I ususally uninstall the forwarder and then reinstall the nsp forwarder when it says software error at launch. Well now I get a out of memory failure and a bunch of other fails too. I have reformatted the sd card and reinstalled the installer and still have the same issue. Anyone else having this issue or a fix? I am on the latest firmware as well

Nebula

Noob Account
Feb 14, 2020
Germany
Hi, my problem is the sx installer show me only the menu points istalled, queue, console, options, help. I don't know what i have done, but it showed me the other menu items before that.
Thanks

optantic

VIP Member
May 2, 2010
Hi, my problem is the sx installer show me only the menu points istalled, queue, console, options, help. I don't know what i have done, but it showed me the other menu items before that.
Thanks
try copy the sx installer 3.02 folder to your microsd again, overwriting the existing files

Nebula

Noob Account
Feb 14, 2020
Germany
try copy the sx installer 3.02 folder to your microsd again, overwriting the existing files
yes i delete the sx intaller from my sd card and downloaed again put it to sd card and now it is shown to me: "the software data was not downloaded. The download of the data shall started now" I have the option to download or cancel but that makes no sense because that is not possible anyway. So now sx installer is not currently running xD. I use FAT32 and windows
yes i delete the sx intaller from my sd card and downloaed again put it to sd card and now it is shown to me: "the software data was not downloaded. The download of the data shall started now" I have the option to download or cancel but that makes no sense because that is not possible anyway. So now sx installer is not currently running xD. I use FAT32 and windows
solved the problem i had to delete it from the switch by going to options on the home screen then going to data management and then deleting software i think it had tried to start the old deleted software thanks anyway for the quick response

Last edited:

MuLLeT

Noob Account
Dec 4, 2018
Why can I no longer 'Launch' an XCI from within File Browser? That used to be the best feature for organising your own (big HDD) games library without the timely scraping routines. I set a primary root folder in locaions.conf and then simply select and launch titles in folders below that. No wait time for scraping all the default folders. Very efficient for large backup library. Now the "A" Open option goes to 'install' in lieu of mounting. Can we get the "X" Mount option back in the file browser please....(like it is in the scraped XCI floder!)

Switchhacking

Noob Account
Dec 15, 2019
Moscoe
Question Does SX installer work on switch firmware 9.2? I did a offline update and upgraded to SX OS beta to support 9.2..

Animal Crossing working now.. but wanted to dive into sx installer to see what it is about
Thanks