Official SX OS v2.9.2 Beta Discussion

mrdude

Mar 14, 2009
uk
Now UK providers are blocking access to this site and SXOS updates, would it be possible to add an if/else patch to the next release - where when trying to check for an update, if the url is unavailable the url can check a text file (containing a url) to see if an update exists. That way we can make an alternative site containing the updates so ISP providers can have no chance of blocking.

Thanks.

Ptaz

Sep 15, 2019
Earthrealm
Now UK providers are blocking access to this site and SXOS updates, would it be possible to add an if/else patch to the next release - where when trying to check for an update, if the url is unavailable the url can check a text file (containing a url) to see if an update exists. That way we can make an alternative site containing the updates so ISP providers can have no chance of blocking.

Thanks.
Why not use a VPN, Proxy or Alternate DNS with your internet connection settings instead?

romhunter

Noob Account
Nov 20, 2018
¡There is no shutdown bug in SX OS 2.9.2! It can power off NSW without dongle. even if AutoRCM is on. Sorry, bad testing :)

High Force

Noob Account
Oct 10, 2019
Italy
Hello everyone, I have a problem since 9.0.x came out. I used to have legit dumps of my cartridges to avoid bringing with me several games and switching them in the reader. So i used to play online with my legit online games dumped as .XCI files.
Now every time I try to go online on Mario Tennis for example, my switch freezes (no error messages) and I have to reboot it.
Does anyone else have the same problem?

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Noob Account
Oct 10, 2019
England
Hello everyone, I have a problem since 9.0.x came out. I used to have legit dumps of my cartridges to avoid bringing with me several games and switching them in the reader. So i used to play online with my legit online games dumped as .XCI files.
Now every time I try to go online on Mario Tennis for example, my switch freezes (no error messages) and I have to reboot it.
Does anyone else have the same problem?
Hello,
I have just read your comment I am happy to find someone who is having the same trouble as me. I am using cfw in emunand hidden partition, they all seem to freeze when you have "stealth mode off and your wifi link connected in settings" to go online and you have to reboot the console, if you turn stealth mode on they all work and if you have your wifi link disconnected with stealth mode off they all work properly. My retail dumps are the same, uk original and dumped in xci format with the certificates all of them where fine pre 9.0 but I have the same issue with a few titles, yes one is Mario Tennis also Mario Maker 2 and Super Smash Bros is another they are the only titles I have tried so far but I think also Splatoon 2 has issues as well. I have spoken with a tx representative on another forum so hopefully it will get fixed. I mentioned this a while back but know one seem to believe me but yes thank god I'm not crazy or doing anything wrong, it does seem to be an issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: High Force

High Force

Noob Account
Oct 10, 2019
Italy
Hello,
I have just read your comment I am happy to find someone who is having the same trouble as me. I am using cfw in emunand hidden partition, they all seem to freeze when you have "stealth mode off and your wifi link connected in settings" to go online and you have to reboot the console, if you turn stealth mode on they all work and if you have your wifi link disconnected with stealth mode off they all work properly. My retail dumps are the same, uk original and dumped in xci format with the certificates all of them where fine pre 9.0 but I have the same issue with a few titles, yes one is Mario Tennis also Mario Maker 2 and Super Smash Bros is another they are the only titles I have tried so far but I think also Splatoon 2 has issues as well. I have spoken with a tx representative on another forum so hopefully it will get fixed. I mentioned this a while back but know one seem to believe me but yes thank god I'm not crazy or doing anything wrong, it does seem to be an issue.
Yes, all online games have the same issue. I tried with every game I have. Let's hope they fix it then!

Reecey

Noob Account
Oct 10, 2019
England
Yes, all online games have the same issue. I tried with every game I have. Let's hope they fix it then!
Hi, is it doing exactly what mine does if you disconnect your WiFi completely from the switch settings and then use your game does it work ok with stealth mode either on or off? It only affects my games when WiFi is connected in switch settings and stealth mode is off then when I go to start the game it freezes have you got a copy of Mario Maker 2 or Smash to try for me report back exactly what it does please? I just need you to confirm these so I’m not completely going mad!

Last edited:

High Force

Noob Account
Oct 10, 2019
Italy
I don't have Mario maker 2 but I have super Smash Bros, I can try for sure.
By the way my problem presents itself only when I try to access online modes, if I play offline modes I don't have problems. However now I'll run some tests with the stealth mode and I'll let you know

golfdude

Noob Account
Oct 23, 2018
splatoon 2's xci doesnt seem to work as well.. with stealth off, you can get through the opening intro cut scene, but when you try to jump in a lobby you get a connection error.. this is a self dumped xci that worked pre 9.0 and pre 2.9

si146

Noob Account
Oct 10, 2019
United States of America
Hello, everyone
I was hoping someone can help me with an issue that I'm having.

I installed v 2.9.2 and updated my CFW to 9.0.1 and all of a sudden my license became invalid for my switch

Is anyone else having the same issue or is it just me?

Thanks in advance

Gook Legook

Noob Account
Oct 11, 2019
CAnada
Hey there, I just updated my firmware to 9.0.1 but didn't choose the option to install it with the EXFAT function. Now when I try to boot up, the NINTENDO screen pops up but then everything is black afterwards. Can anyone help please?

Palinkat

Apr 5, 2018
Hey there, I just updated my firmware to 9.0.1 but didn't choose the option to install it with the EXFAT function. Now when I try to boot up, the NINTENDO screen pops up but then everything is black afterwards. Can anyone help please?
You can reflash using Choixdujour, use the extfat and just overwrite with same firmware.

Palinkat

Apr 5, 2018
How can I get into Choixdujour when the Switch doesn't load into custom firmware?
You'll have to boot in Atmosphere cfw to do that am afraid. Just google install atmosphere and you'll find what you need. Just install atmo on another sd card.

Reecey

Noob Account
Oct 10, 2019
England
I don't have Mario maker 2 but I have super Smash Bros, I can try for sure.
By the way my problem presents itself only when I try to access online modes, if I play offline modes I don't have problems. However now I'll run some tests with the stealth mode and I'll let you know
Mines the same, if I leave stealth mode on they seem to work ok but soon as I turn stealth mode off to use online with the wifi still connected they freeze on me and I have to hard reboot the nintendo switch. It seems to affect users that have personally dumped there retail games to use as xci with certificates all genuine, not piracy. I have tried to redump my games also I have flashed my 9.0.1 firmware again but it still has the same problem, what doesn't make any sense to me everything was working as it should on firmware 8.0.1 on sxos 2.8Beta so why not now? it wasn't long ago until I had played Mario Maker 2 online just before I had updated to 9.0 and sxos 2.9.0Beta I get my firmware builds from the same web site so I know they are fully checked and I use the same tool to flash it with so I know I have not done anything wrong also I don't want to sound personal but were are you from located? I'm in the uk.
splatoon 2's xci doesnt seem to work as well.. with stealth off, you can get through the opening intro cut scene, but when you try to jump in a lobby you get a connection error.. this is a self dumped xci that worked pre 9.0 and pre 2.9
Yes this issue seems to only affect online titles when you have stealth mode off and your wifi connected to use online gaming. I did here Splatoon 2 had issues I have not tested it myself I do have it I can try I have only tried Mario Maker 2, Mario Tennis, Super Smash Bros so far and they all freeze somewhere loading or within the game. Is your Splatoon 2 personally dumped from a retail and used as xci with original certificate injected?

Last edited:

High Force

Noob Account
Oct 10, 2019
Italy
Mines the same, if I leave stealth mode on they seem to work ok but soon as I turn stealth mode off to use online with the wifi still connected they freeze on me and I have to hard reboot the nintendo switch. It seems to affect users that have personally dumped there retail games to use as xci with certificates all genuine, not piracy. I have tried to redump my games also I have flashed my 9.0.1 firmware again but it still has the same problem, what doesn't make any sense to me everything was working as it should on firmware 8.0.1 on sxos 2.8Beta so why not now? it wasn't long ago until I had played Mario Maker 2 online just before I had updated to 9.0 and sxos 2.9.0Beta I get my firmware builds from the same web site so I know they are fully checked and I use the same tool to flash it with so I know I have not done anything wrong also I don't want to sound personal but were are you from located? I'm in the uk.
Yes, exactly the same for me.
I'm from Italy btw

Reecey

Noob Account
Oct 10, 2019
England
Yes, exactly the same for me.
I'm from Italy btw
Thanks I just tried Mario Tennis just soon as I click on Tournament/online tournament and I agree it freezes on the next screen I have to hard power down. Mario Kart 8 does as well I've just tried it soon as you go into online and wait for connection it freezes, every game I have tried so far does soon as you go to use the online feature part of the game it freezes.

Last edited:

High Force

Noob Account
Oct 10, 2019
Italy
Yes and it's quite frustrating since I don't use sx os for piracy and this way it's useless for me, at least if I want to play online.

Astupi

Noob Account
Sep 28, 2019
Spain
Thanks I just tried Mario Tennis just soon as I click on Tournament/online tournament and I agree it freezes on the next screen I have to hard power down. Mario Kart 8 does as well I've just tried it soon as you go into online and wait for connection it freezes, every game I have tried so far does soon as you go to use the online feature part of the game it freezes.
Exactly the same for me since 2.9.

frostiex

Noob Account
Jan 15, 2010
Can someone confirm if 2.9.2 works fine when updating to 9.0.1 with Choixdujour? unlike 2.9 to 9.0.0...lol