Official SX OS v3.0.5 Beta Discussion

Gargolph

Noob Account
Sep 17, 2020
Germany
I've the SX core 1.3 on an ipatched Switch.
Today I updated to SX OS 3.0.5 beta and afterwards updated the sysNAND OFW to 10.2.0 via official OTA.
After this I booted into emuNAND CFW 10.1.0 and used ChoiDuJourNX to update emuNAND to 10.2.0 w/ Darthsternie's FW.
Now my Switch only boots into OFW, CFW is black screen only after Nintendo logo. Tried several hard power offs and can't boot CFW on 10.2.0 with SX OS 3.0.5 beta anymore.
Any ideas? Thanks!

Reactions: yuki007

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
I've the SX core 1.3 on an ipatched Switch.
Today I updated to SX OS 3.0.5 beta and afterwards updated the sysNAND OFW to 10.2.0 via official OTA.
After this I booted into emuNAND CFW 10.1.0 and used ChoiDuJourNX to update emuNAND to 10.2.0 w/ Darthsternie's FW.
Now my Switch only boots into OFW, CFW is black screen only after Nintendo logo. Tried several hard power offs and can't boot CFW on 10.2.0 with SX OS 3.0.5 beta anymore.
Any ideas? Thanks!
Boot in to SX OS recovery, make sure emuNAND is enabled and then try launching CFW.

MomZo

Loyal Member
Jul 7, 2020
Vietnam
Thanks TX team for the quick update! 💪

I have updated my Mariko to SX OS v3.0.5 though manual download from SX website and copy of the new "boot.dat" to my FAT32 SD card, then updated the CFW on emunand to FW10.2.0 with ChoiDujourNX (keeping the OFW that I don't use to FW10.1.0)

Everything was done flawlessly and is working fine so far. 😀

Gargolph

Noob Account
Sep 17, 2020
Germany
Thanks for your fast reply!
It was enabled - I hit disable-enable anyway and then tried launching CFW - same black screen after Nintendo
My apologies, I didn't check the format of the file system (which was exFAT) and I did update the CFW to 10.2.0 w/o exFAT option ticked as I never intentionally use exFAT with my Switches... Missed that one.
Now 3.0.5 is booting CFW 10.2.0 on emuNAND with FAT re-formatted SDCard.

Thanks anyway and I'm very thankful for SX Core in general! :D

optantic

VIP Member
May 2, 2010
Hello friends, If there are any clear pictures like the picture: https://sx.xecuter.com/img/demo/txos.png?

I want to write more detailed SX tutorials with exquisite pictures. Even if you can't provide exquisite pictures in RCM, can you give me icons and other materials in RCM mode?

Compared to Atmosphere and Hekate, which have beautiful pictures, I really want to get beautiful pictures of SX OS.
Hekate can take screenshots in RCM mode, but SX not, which makes many SX tutorial pictures very rough.

I think exquisite pictures are worthy of the excellence and exquisiteness of SX.
try using a capture card then take screenshot from the video or try to find video on youtube

Last edited:

Makeeyourselff

Noob Account
Aug 18, 2020
Hollywood CA
Good day everyone!

We are back with another update for SX OS that contains some important compatibility fixes.

So, what is new in this release?
  • Full compatibility with Switch Firmware 10.2.0
    You can now safely enjoy firmware 10.2.0 from your emuNAND!
  • Stable Super Mario 3D All-Stars
    We got reports of crash/hang issues with the popular upcoming game `Super Mario 3D All-Stars`, we've investigated this and fixed it!
  • Improved console battery life
    Previously, when shutting down the console a tiny amount of current was still being drawn. This has been resolved, your battery won't deplete anymore when the console is turned off.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
SX OS 3.0.5 is available *now* from our downloads page or can be retrieved using the over-the-air update functionality from within SX OS!

That's all for today. Keep an eye out for more updates!

—< Team Xecuter – Pushing the limits of every Switch in 2020 and beyond ! >—
everything updated correctly on my switch lite. Still can’t get the new Mario all stars to download it crashes. :( anyone been able to get it to download properly. Running 10.2.0 emu V3.0.5

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
everything updated correctly on my switch lite. Still can’t get the new Mario all stars to download it crashes. :( anyone been able to get it to download properly. Running 10.2.0 emu V3.0.5
Where are you trying to download it from?

xs4all

Nov 28, 2018
37°16'55.2"N 115°47'58.6"W
All good on my end.

Unpatched Switch on OFW v10.1.0 with EmuNand (Hidden Partition) v10.1.0 using SX OS v3.0.4 BETA.
- OFW is always online.
- EmuNAND is always offline.
- 400GB SD CARD

For those wondering what steps I did, see below of the run down.

- Updated OFW to v10.2.0 on the Switch using the update firmware function in the settings menu.
- Downloaded OFW v10.2.0 files and copied to the SD CARD.
- Booted into EmuNand and launched ChoiDujour and proceeded to manually upgrade the EmuNand's firmware (Selected exFAT and turned OFF Auto RCM).
- Once ChoiDujour finished with the firmware upgrade, I did not select the reboot option. Instead I went back to the home menu on the Switch and manually turned OFF the Switch.
- Then booted back into EmuNand = Happy days.

Now my unpatched Switch is on OFW v10.2.0 with EmuNand (Hidden Partition) v10.2.0 using SX OS v3.0.5 BETA.

Oh, now launching Super Mario 64 no longer crashes the game :)

teconmoon

Noob Account
Nov 6, 2019
USA
When loading personal XCI dumps with certificates and Stealth Mode turned off, online play is still broken in 3.0.5.

This bug has existed for nearly a year and has been discussed a lot in this thread, but no fixes or workarounds have emerged except for using the actual cartridge.

darkcloud

Noob Account
Sep 24, 2018
When I try to load Super Mario 3D All-Stars and 51 worldwide game xci,I got error and cannot load. they used to work in 3.0.4. Do I need to change something?

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
When I try to load Super Mario 3D All-Stars and 51 worldwide game xci,I got error and cannot load. they used to work in 3.0.4. Do I need to change something?
Did you update OFW to 10.2?

You may want to consider dumping the games again if they still don't work correctly.

rafamf

Noob Account
Apr 4, 2020
Brazil
Today I updated to SX OS 3.0.5 beta and then updated the sysNAND OFW to 10.2.0 via official OTA.
Now my Switch only boots into OFW, CFW show a SXOS error code 2168-0002 after Switch logo.
Ideas anyone?
Thanks!

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
Today I updated to SX OS 3.0.5 beta and then updated the sysNAND OFW to 10.2.0 via official OTA.
Now my Switch only boots into OFW, CFW show a SXOS error code 2168-0002 after Switch logo.
Ideas anyone?
Thanks!
Is emuNAND enabled?

If you boot in to SX OS recovery and select "Boot Custom FW", do you still see the error code?

If the error code still shows, you might want to consider re-formatting your SD card to FAT32 using GUI Format and start over (put boot.dat and license.dat on the SD card, boot in to SX OS recovery and create a new emuNAND).