Official SX OS v3.0.5 Beta Discussion

MomZo

Loyal Member
Jul 7, 2020
Vietnam
Even if I don't use my OFW, I decided today to update it from 10.1.0 to 10.2.0 (I was already using SX OS 3.0.5 and CFW 10.2.0 on emunand with Switch Mariko and FAT32 SD card)

The update was quickly downloaded and installed on OFW, then when prompted, I hit "reboot the Switch". The Switch turned off instead of rebooting.

I tried to boot it several times (maybe tried 4 or 5 times) but the SX Core was blinking blue for about 10 times, and nothing.
I plugged my Switch on the AC adapter and the SX Core started to blink blue continuously. After around 25 or 30 blue blinkings, I unplugged it from the adapter and it blinked blue 3 or 4 more times and finally turned green. 😅

Since then, I confirmed OFW was correctly updated to 10.2.0 and I can also boot to CFW on emunand which is still working well.
When I turn off my Switch and power it on, it is now turning green after 1 to 3 blue blinkings, as before.

Just wanted to report this experience in case the TX team or an admin has a possible explanation, and in case another end user like me got the same stressing situation.

OmegaOS

Noob Account
Sep 20, 2020
US
Here is my experienced.

Setup:
Going into update, was running 10.1.0 on both OFW and emunand CFW running 3.0.4 beta.

First updated to 3.0.5 beta. After reboot it hung on black screen but thought nothng of it at time because after a shut down and startup it was fine. veried version was 3.0.5, everything looked good.

From there, I chose restart and held button to enter recovery to choose OFW boot. Booted into OFW no problems. Updated OFW to 10.2.0. After reboot OFW was runing 10.2.0. I noticed it rebooted back into OFW without me entering recovery, also didn't see the splash from TX, realized that OFW update removed autoRMC patch.

From there, I got the jig out because I needed to get back into recovery. got into recovery then booted CFW and removed jig. From here, updated that with ChoiDujourNX to 10.2.0. rebooted.. This time after logo it hung on a black screen. I thought oh no ChoiDujourNX failed somehow (RYI i did everything right, chose ExFat option to match card).

Went back to recovery mode to see if OFW was fine. booted that and it worked without issue so I thought "well that's good, I 'll just make a new emunand". But then I thought to try one more thing. I did full shot down instead of restart. then did a cold boot into recovery then loaded custom firmware. it worked without issue. Everything looked fine, even running 10.2.0. I thought "ok problem solved?". But then I tried to restart from custom firware, into custom firmware. Again it black screen hung. I did another cold boot, it booted fine. restart, it again hung. did some more tests. erstarting from OFW and then trying to go to CFW also hangs. Basically it always hangs going into CFW from a restart, from any firmware, but always boots fine from a cold boot.

TL/DR, whatever is going wrong with black screen issue, at least in my case, is related to something lingering behind from a restart. Cold boots work. This is an annoyance but it has a work around. For those stuck on black screens, play with it more to see if this helps. I can't say if this is because something updated wrong, or a possible glitch with 3.0.5s code that tried to change it's power states that breaks between reboots vs cold boots.

cattheme

Noob Account
Sep 20, 2020
China
Has sysNAND been updated to 10.2.0?

Has the SD card been formatted to FAT32 with GUI Format?

Did you download SX OS 3.0.5 and make sure boot.dat and license.dat are on the root of your SD card?

Has emuNAND been created and enabled in SX OS?

I have smiliar issue like this, boot first black screen and the led behind blinks non stop, press 1 second blue led is out and boot again, general after blue LED blinks 15-20 seconds, it boot to CFW. (boot is fast before upgrade sx os and firmware, blue LED only blinks 2-3 seconds)I am really new for jailbreak of switch, please help, I don't need emunamd as I don't play online right now. the more details is as follow:

I have Tencent switch with sx core installed by local game store (I guess there is no emunand installed and eanbled)
SX core: Mariko 1.3
Switch Firmware version: 10.1.1

I recently upgrade SX OS myself, the step is:
1. Boot to RCM and dump nand.
2. Download sx os 3.0.5 and replace boot.dat.
3. Download Official China firmware 10.2.0 from darthsternie and put it on root directory of tf card.
4. Boot Switch to CFW and run ChoidujourNX v1.0.2 to upgrade firmware from 10.1.1 to 10.2.0 with extFat format

jbmerlin009

Noob Account
Sep 22, 2020
So new to the forums I never update my sysnand and usually only update the emunand, my emu is currently running at 10.1 and sys is running on much older firmware. I never use the sysnand.

I am seeing a lot of people say you have to update the sysnand to 10.2 before updating the emunand to 10.2 is that accurate? If so, why does the sysnand now have to be updated?

MomZo

Loyal Member
Jul 7, 2020
Vietnam
I am seeing a lot of people say you have to update the sysnand to 10.2 before updating the emunand to 10.2 is that accurate? If so, why does the sysnand now have to be updated?
Nope, you don't have to update your sysNand if you never use it.
Continue to only update your CFW on emunand and you should be fine.

copyandpaste

Sep 21, 2019
usa
Nope, you don't have to update your sysNand if you never use it.
Continue to only update your CFW on emunand and you should be fine.
Thanks for this. I did find it strange that some users are suggesting people update their sysnand to the latest OFW (not a complaint, I'm very glad that there are people on here who are willing to help out). I was just worried that i missed something, or that sxos has changed the way it works. Thank you for the confirmation that you can still use sxos 3.0.5 emunand while having your sysnand on whatever OFW you want.

Braindrain

Noob Account
Nov 26, 2019
USA
Even if I don't use my OFW, I decided today to update it from 10.1.0 to 10.2.0 (I was already using SX OS 3.0.5 and CFW 10.2.0 on emunand with Switch Mariko and FAT32 SD card)

The update was quickly downloaded and installed on OFW, then when prompted, I hit "reboot the Switch". The Switch turned off instead of rebooting.

I tried to boot it several times (maybe tried 4 or 5 times) but the SX Core was blinking blue for about 10 times, and nothing.
I plugged my Switch on the AC adapter and the SX Core started to blink blue continuously. After around 25 or 30 blue blinkings, I unplugged it from the adapter and it blinked blue 3 or 4 more times and finally turned green. 😅

Since then, I confirmed OFW was correctly updated to 10.2.0 and I can also boot to CFW on emunand which is still working well.
When I turn off my Switch and power it on, it is now turning green after 1 to 3 blue blinkings, as before.

Just wanted to report this experience in case the TX team or an admin has a possible explanation, and in case another end user like me got the same stressing situation.
Here is my experienced.

Setup:
Going into update, was running 10.1.0 on both OFW and emunand CFW running 3.0.4 beta.

First updated to 3.0.5 beta. After reboot it hung on black screen but thought nothng of it at time because after a shut down and startup it was fine. veried version was 3.0.5, everything looked good.

From there, I chose restart and held button to enter recovery to choose OFW boot. Booted into OFW no problems. Updated OFW to 10.2.0. After reboot OFW was runing 10.2.0. I noticed it rebooted back into OFW without me entering recovery, also didn't see the splash from TX, realized that OFW update removed autoRMC patch.

From there, I got the jig out because I needed to get back into recovery. got into recovery then booted CFW and removed jig. From here, updated that with ChoiDujourNX to 10.2.0. rebooted.. This time after logo it hung on a black screen. I thought oh no ChoiDujourNX failed somehow (RYI i did everything right, chose ExFat option to match card).

Went back to recovery mode to see if OFW was fine. booted that and it worked without issue so I thought "well that's good, I 'll just make a new emunand". But then I thought to try one more thing. I did full shot down instead of restart. then did a cold boot into recovery then loaded custom firmware. it worked without issue. Everything looked fine, even running 10.2.0. I thought "ok problem solved?". But then I tried to restart from custom firware, into custom firmware. Again it black screen hung. I did another cold boot, it booted fine. restart, it again hung. did some more tests. erstarting from OFW and then trying to go to CFW also hangs. Basically it always hangs going into CFW from a restart, from any firmware, but always boots fine from a cold boot.

TL/DR, whatever is going wrong with black screen issue, at least in my case, is related to something lingering behind from a restart. Cold boots work. This is an annoyance but it has a work around. For those stuck on black screens, play with it more to see if this helps. I can't say if this is because something updated wrong, or a possible glitch with 3.0.5s code that tried to change it's power states that breaks between reboots vs cold boots.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Looks like I'll hold off on this update for now.

Kwan133

Noob Account
Sep 24, 2020
Brazil
after updating the console to v10.2.0 and SXOS to v3.0.5 right after the sxos logo, I find a pink screen (sometimes also black) and I can't move on.

I did the process several times and yet I always encounter this problem.

my card is in fat32 but I have also tested it in exfat.

image:

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
after updating the console to v10.2.0 and SXOS to v3.0.5 right after the sxos logo, I find a pink screen (sometimes also black) and I can't move on.

I did the process several times and yet I always encounter this problem.

my card is in fat32 but I have also tested it in exfat.
Hold the power button for 15-20 seconds to power the Switch off and then hold VOL+ and press POWER to access SX OS recovery.

If you can get in to SX OS recovery, try using the "GPT Repair" option and test.

Kwan133

Noob Account
Sep 24, 2020
Brazil
[QUOTE = "BL4K3Y, postagem: 1029536, membro: 39325"]
Segure o botão liga / desliga por 15-20 segundos para desligar o switch e então segure VOL + e pressione POWER para acessar a recuperação do SX OS.

Se você conseguir acessar a recuperação do SX OS, tente usar a opção "GPT Repair" e teste.
[/CITAR]
Hold the power button for 15-20 seconds to power the Switch off and then hold VOL+ and press POWER to access SX OS recovery.

If you can get in to SX OS recovery, try using the "GPT Repair" option and test.
sorry, i forgot to tell you that i am using an emuNAND should i continue with "repair GPT"? I want to avoid manipulating the nand because I haven't been banned.

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
sorry, i forgot to tell you that i am using an emuNAND should i continue with "repair GPT"? I want to avoid manipulating the nand because I haven't been banned.
The "GPT Repair" function should run on sysNAND and attempt to fix the partition table (it won't cause a ban).

I am not entirely sure if this is causing your issue, but it doesn't hurt to try.

If there is a game cart in the Switch, please remove it and test again.

Kwan133

Noob Account
Sep 24, 2020
Brazil
The "GPT Repair" function should run on sysNAND and attempt to fix the partition table (it won't cause a ban).

I am not entirely sure if this is causing your issue, but it doesn't hurt to try.

If there is a game cart in the Switch, please remove it and test again.
unfortunately that didn't solve my problem, is there anything else i can do?
I realized that sometimes I can access the system if I go into sxos recovery and select "boot custom fw".

Last edited:

cecilecolin

Noob Account
Sep 26, 2020
Paris
Hello,
Well, in my experience, I recently updated my Switch on SX OS 3.0.5 Beta then updated the firmware to 10.2.0 with ChoiDuJourNX (I have a Switch V1 and a SX Pro, µSD exFAT format).

After a reboot, I have a boot loop with the SX OS logo and can't access to my CFW, no Nintendo or Switch logo appears.

I can only reach the SX OS Recovery but unfortunately, that's the only thing I can do.

So I guess it's a wait & see.

Last edited:

optantic

VIP Member
May 2, 2010
Hello,
Well, in my experience, I recently updated my Switch on SX OS 3.0.5 Beta then updated the firmware to 10.2.0 with ChoiDuJourNX (I have a Switch V1 and a SX Pro, µSD exFAT format).

After a reboot, I have a boot loop with the SX OS logo and can't access to my CFW, no Nintendo or Switch logo appears.

I can only reach the SX OS Recovery but unfortunately, that's the only thing I can do.

So I guess it's a wait & see.
did you choose exfat 10.2.0 when you update? if yes, eject and reinsert the microsd and try to boot it again

NSWHero

Jul 23, 2020
Europe
hi @optantic , yes i checked ExFAT before updating with choidujournx. even with ejecting/inserting the sd card, the problem is still there.
Personally I have all my SD's Fat32 and have sommmee black screens but it usually resolves itself after a while.
What I read online from other people on exfat is try and insert a different card (reformat, any size), then boot, then put in your old card again and it works.
I can't speak from experience with that though.
What works for me (SX core) if my Switch seems "dead" (no SX boot, nothing), is hold the power button for about a minute, then release, wait a few few seconds, power and vol+ button and it boots into the menu and I can boot CFW. After that it seems to work again for a while.

It almost seems like the chip (or pre-boot cfw) tries to mount things but isn't able to and doesn't boot because of it.

To the devs, please fix this, also fix LayeredFS!! please!

natsgo

Noob Account
Nov 9, 2019
PH
Hello,

I have an unpatched Switch V1 running 10.1.0 on SysNAND and SXOS 3.0.4.
I have no EmuNAND.
I always update the SysNAND FW using ChoidujourNX.

So my question is -

Can I update my SysNAND FW to 10.2.0 using ChoidujourNX and then update SXOS to 3.0.5?

Thanks!

chris2122

Not a goblin
VIP+ Member
Mar 11, 2011
Hello,

I have an unpatched Switch V1 running 10.1.0 on SysNAND and SXOS 3.0.4.
I have no EmuNAND.
I always update the SysNAND FW using ChoidujourNX.

So my question is -

Can I update my SysNAND FW to 10.2.0 using ChoidujourNX and then update SXOS to 3.0.5?

Thanks!
Yes you can update your synand FW using choidujour with a V1 unpatched unit. The only case where you can't update with choidujour on sysnand without a brick is currently with a mariko/lite, you can continue to update just like you did in the past yup.