OFFICIAL SX TOOLS V1.1 DISCUSSION

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
It is time for another news update here at Team-Xecuter!

SXTOOLS11.jpg

Nothing major, just a minor update to our SX TOOLS app, the easy way to launch SX OS using your Android Phone:

Changelog v1.1:
  • replaced old payload with fresh (aligned) one.
  • code cleanup to shrink app size and for better performance.
  • removed "about" tab as it's irrelevant.
  • general system stability improvement to enhance user's experience.
That's all for today, but please stay tuned for more exciting news! 🙂

—< Team-Xecuter – Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >—

Reactions: imprezgc8

MorningBlunt

Sep 8, 2018
London
Can this be used to boot SX instead of using dongle? Or is it just to get the initial installation?

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Can this be used to boot SX instead of using dongle? Or is it just to get the initial installation?
Yup. Just need to have the right cable to connect your android to the Switch.

Reactions: MorningBlunt

guily6669

Apr 12, 2018
Sadly not even this updated version worked on my friend's tablet and he has no other hardware to inject the payload :(.

Did anyone already discovered a reason for a lot of android devices not working?

His tablet with android 8 something has OTG support, I used my cables which work fine with my Xperia Z2 phone, his tablet prompts to send the payload when it detects the switch in RCM mode, but after sending the payload the console just keep black however its out of RCM, it just freezes, we have to maintain power button pressed for a few seconds to shut it down...

With my phone it works on both mine and his switch, it shows SX OS boot logo right away and then loads emunand...

ps: I will check later if his tablet has the "android.hardware.usb.host.xml " file, it might be needed for this, no idea, my phone definitely has it in "/system/etc/permissions".

Edit: I just checked his tablet and it doesn't have USB host mode permission, do you guys think just adding this would fix the payload issue? However I don't think he wants to root the tablet so I can't add the needed permission file to his tablet...

Last edited:

Orcman

Nov 25, 2010
im confused about this app

i installed sx tools 1.1 on my xperia xz3 and connect usb-c to usb-c cable but the only thing it does is charging.

is there some else i need to do? like download som payload or something , as far as i know xz3 does support otg

guily6669

Apr 12, 2018
I think even with USB-C it still needs to be a OTG USB-C cable...

And I'm not sure but I think the device must really have USB Host mode permission file in its android root.

This app will test your device and tell if it has USB Host mode permission:

- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nutsaboutnets.otgrfex&hl=pt_PT

If you have rooted your phone which has OTG support and SX TOOLS still fails, you can add the needed file, tut below:

- http://rfxplorer.com/usb-host-mode

ps: But again, I'm not sure if just having that will make it work or not, my friend doesn't want to root his tablet and using ADB his tablet refuse to give permission to put the file in, it says to root it... Anyway my phone is Xperia Z2 and works fine with OTG cable and indeed my phone has the USB Host file and passes the permission test on that app, but my friend tablet has OTG but fails to pass the USB Host permission since it doesn't have the file and I can't put the file inside without rooting it which he doesnt want :(...

Orcman

Nov 25, 2010
i found a solution to my problem , i had to insert the jig on joycon and hold + while connecting the usb cable then it works but i got the impression you didnt need anything but for me this is the method i have to use to get sx tools to work

guily6669

Apr 12, 2018
holding vol + is to open SX OS menu, but I will try that, though I don't think that is the problem... since my phone works right away, I will test that on my friend tablet to see if it works, but I still think his tablet doesnt work because it doesnt have USB Host permission file on the android while mine have...