old xbox games on 360

manwinder

Jul 22, 2009
canada
i have a copy of gta sa, which i backed up from an original to make sure the original is safe, but it won't play, i have burned it on a dual layer, it starts up and then gives me a dirty disc error

manwinder

Jul 22, 2009
canada
well gta sa is the only original xbox game i have, every 360 game works fine, and it loads but after the loading menu it gives me a dirty disc error

SilentHellZ28

Jan 14, 2011
Oklahoma
I have tried 5 times to get an original backup to work on the 360. THere has to be something you have to do to the iso. It pops and and recognizes the game but then gives that stupid error

X: 5893 B: 00000 or whatever it says.

I cant find a way around it or I would help you out buddy. No one has made a good tutorial. I tried using XDVDMulleter on the iso but it always says no video found. So I am out of ideas.

MoRiTa

Jan 20, 2011
try Burn it on a normal DVD ( DVD9 [4.5 GB] ) ( i guess thats your problem ) make sure you have LT+ 1.1 . and you good to go

SilentHellZ28

Jan 14, 2011
Oklahoma
I have tried it on a DL DVD (verbatim 8.5GB) with both Halo and Baldurs Gate and I get the same error. Of course these are my friends ISOs, but I know he ripped them right. I guess I could try it on a single layer DVD. Wouldnt hurt. Anyone else have success with a single layer DVD for original xbox games? I am not thread jacking, just trying to help and learn as well.

SilentHellZ28

Jan 14, 2011
Oklahoma
Imgburn at 2.4x on a DL DVD 8.5gb verbatim. The file size is only like 3GB. I dont know if the layerbreak needs to change or what. Not sure exactly how original xbox games need to be burned. I know that the console recognizes it as Halo and recognizes it as an original xbox game, but it throws up that same stupid code X:5693 B:0001 or whatever.

bonesgb

May 25, 2010
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Imgburn at 2.4x on a DL DVD 8.5gb verbatim. The file size is only like 3GB. I dont know if the layerbreak needs to change or what. Not sure exactly how original xbox games need to be burned. I know that the console recognizes it as Halo and recognizes it as an original xbox game, but it throws up that same stupid code X:5693 B:0001 or whatever.
The layerbreak should be set to 1913776 for original xbox games

tsquad131

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2010
Tampa Fl
You will probably get banned, one for thread jacking even though you are not intending it and two for piracy you just admitted the game isos are your friends not yours that's distribution.

manwinder

Jul 22, 2009
canada
yes i have ran it through abgx and it doesn't patch it because it is not a 360 game and i did get those errors at first but than i did do a few things and i got the game to boot but it gave me a dirty disc error

SilentHellZ28

Jan 14, 2011
Oklahoma
I am not keeping them. They are his, so its not distribution. His burner is just shot and I am trying to burn his backups for him. I dont pirate games. And I am trying to help out the OP as much as myself, so how is that threadjacking? We both have the same problem. Anyways, I tried the same thing manwinder and I had no luck =(

Last edited: