Online File Sharing

Catalyst

VIP Member
Mar 16, 2005
San Antonio
Xecuter said:
yes thats right why havent any of you dumbasses even begun to start doing this yet

we gave you ALL the tools to run your own little napsters or whatever you want

bah ! :rolleyes:
um... isn't that illegal? And wouldn't it be hard to restrict access with just the xbox software?

Not to make waves or anything. I run Apache off my home PC and use htaccess and some firewalls to lock it down. I have all sorts of goodies that I share that way with my friends...

That way, I can find something for someone and just throw it up there... nice and simple...

Maybe I can give you access Xecuter... but I'd want something in return!

Like a hat or a piggy-back ride or something!

RocafellaSqualie

Jun 30, 2004
Delaware, USA
I tried using the script that came with the Bios for pendrives but ti doesn't do anything. I just bought a USB flash drive just to see if it works with the script but nothing happens. I guess I can still us the flash drive for backing up my saves or something

Are there any docs for making scripts for X3 to use napster or other things? To be truthful, I have no idea how it works

Last edited:

freaky_00

Jan 22, 2004
Holy Crap! An XBOX as a to**ent serving machine? Am I getting this righ? Is that what you mean!?! Just some quick questions:

1) How the hell do you start a script? Somehow I am not getting it? In the doc you say from a usb pen drive! Is this something like the autostart.ini in windows? Hard Drive and HTTP are mentioned too. I cannot see how I should start a script from anything of those options!!!

2) "All commands are in x3_script.ini"
Do I get this right that this x3_script.ini is like a dos instructions set? The script itself would be similar to a batch or am I totally messing its purpose up here. Where does the x3_script.ini has to be placed? Does it has to be in the same dir (root?) as the script? Does it have to be the C partition?

3) USB sticks. One needs to have a USB adaptor for the XBOX to put a USB stick into it. Will any adapter do the magic and only the USB stick would be the source of any possible incompatibility issues?

4) Could you please make a sample script which actually DOES anything (doesn't have to address to the idea in this topic) to get some nerds started with this sharing stuff? I think it is better to understand if you can actually test a script (although I would have to know how to start it!!!)

EDIT: I see that the x3_script.ini actually is a script which should do anything with the USB stick. But how do you start a script???

Ohh and please DON'T LET THIS IDEA DIE!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Floppy1

XBGuy

Oct 23, 2003
USA
Hmm...maybe I'm missing something

Well the instructions for scripting are in the bios release? I have quite abit of documentation on the scripting language itself....what I am not sure of is...do I save the text file/script as <filename>.ini or <filename>.xics or do all scripts have to be named x3_script.ini?
Secondly is there a "start script" command that you must start every script with?
If these things are answered in the bios documentation...I apologize, but I've read all the txt files in the rar and can not find an answer to these questions...
I do see this scripting language as a powerful tool, but I'd also like to see it get going abit...there don't seem to be alot of interest...thougt maybe if I got a script up and running...I could make a "tutorial" for the rest of us idiots...Happy Modding!!

XBGuy

Oct 23, 2003
USA
Help out Xecuter...please??

Okay well I have tried to run xics scripts from both cd and a Lexar Secure Jump Drive...This is a USB "jump drive" that works fine in Unleashx...so I assume it will work fine in the x3 bios also...Even tho I have read the part in the read me's where it says "secure" drives might now work...mine does not have any sort of switch on it...Again I have tried most of the scripts I've attempted to write..even basic ones to do nothing more then "echo" to the screen, and I can't get them to run from the Jump drive or a cd...There does not seem to be much interest in this awesome feature, and I personally would enjoy it a bunch if I could actually work on scripts to make my xbox do things myself...So at this point Xectuer I am asking that you please post a simple script with no exta comments or anything else other then a heading comment explaining what the script will do...make it "work" with a simple copy and paste from this forum or a simple notepad download...I would greatly appreciate it, and I'm sure as soon as this feature is brought to life, the interest in it will grow. Even if it is nothing more then a script to echo to the screen...for whatever reason I am unable to get any kinda script to run...a few here in the forums claim they have, but I've yet to see an "working" scripts...Thanks for great products for the past few years!!

spoone

May 14, 2006
germany, göttingen
hi guys,

are you saying that you don't get a script to work at all or that you don't get a script running from cd/usb?
i haven't got it running from cd/usb.
but if you just want to test what is possible, you definitely get a script running by having it on E: .
that would look like:
E:\x3_script.ini ;)

i got it working that way :)D) and when you have it there and you start your X3CL you will be asked to execute the script.

hope it helps,
spoone

spoone

May 14, 2006
germany, göttingen
its the latest release: X3_3294.

it is a very nice feature.
but i have problems with the commands.
for me only the echo-command works. i just can't get it to download or copy something. if someone could help, that would be great!

spoone