Only one backup game works on the home screen - others say "Insert game card"

Trenton

Noob Account
Aug 16, 2018
Only one backup game works on the home screen - others say "Insert game card"

I've had my SX Pro for about two weeks. It has been working flawlessly. I'm on 5.1 and have the same problem with 1.4 (what it came with) and 1.5 cfw. I've been in airplane mode since I got the SX Pro.

It's strange and I could swear it didn't behave like this before - but here's what it does.

I boot into SX OS with no problem. I click on Album and see a few games that I have on the micro sd card. I select one and hit "A". It then appears on the home screen and I can run it with no problem.

BUT - if I go back to the album and select another game and hit A, it also appears on the home screen and works fine, but the first one I put on now says "insert game card" if I try to run it.

Basically when I goto Album and select a game, it works, but all the other games on the home screen no longer work and all say "Insert game card." I can reload a failed game from the album screen and it works again, but it disables all the others.

Any ideas?

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
Re: Only one backup game works on the home screen - others say "Insert game card"

This is expected behavior. You can only have one cartridge simulated as "in the cart slot" at a time.

optantic

VIP Member
May 2, 2010
Re: Only one backup game works on the home screen - others say "Insert game card"

you have to go back to Album and choose the other game again

Trenton

Noob Account
Aug 16, 2018

Thanks! I could have sworn that I had more than one working, but I guess I got confused with some of my purchased games - which work without asking for a game card.

AdN31

Noob Account
Aug 15, 2018

Thanks! I could have sworn that I had more than one working, but I guess I got confused with some of my purchased games - which work without asking for a game card.
is it possible you installed some NSP games? i dont believe games from the eshop are required to load the cartridge.

Trenton

Noob Account
Aug 16, 2018

is it possible you installed some NSP games? i dont believe games from the eshop are required to load the cartridge.
I bought some games from the eshop before I modded. They all appear on my home screen and work fine.