XGD3 ONLY PIF Max off range. Any ideas on a way to improve results??

x182x

Dec 1, 2011
Hi,
I've burned a few XGD3 games with my cross-flashed ASUS DRW-24B3LT to iHAS624B DVD Drive, but keep getting PIF Max values of 6 to 9 (PI Max
, PI Average and PIF Average: OK).

EEPROM settings:
Smartburn = enabled
Force Hyper Tuning = enabled
Over Speed Writing = disabled
Online Hyper Tuning = enabled

IMGBURN settings:
OPC = enabled
Burn Speed = 4x
(MKM003)
http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74721
Connection setup:
I connect the DVD Drive to my Notebook using X360 USB Pro v1 and and external Molex Power Supply with a SATA Power adapter.

Does anyone know a way of fixing this issue??

And another question, I read this post (http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73612) and don't know if having SATA set to AHCI instead of IDE can affect results when using X360 USB Pro v1 to connect the DVD Drive??

[AD]

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Dec 8, 2002
Bolton, Lancs. UK
Turn off online Hyper tuning and diable OPC. Clear your OPC and power down your drive and try again!

I have better results with this setting

x182x

Dec 1, 2011
OK, I'll try that. I'm just not sure how do I clear my drive's OPC. Could you please explain that a little more??

-unknown

Jun 4, 2011
In my opinion those values are just guide lines. Im burning with my ihas124 and the correct verbatim disk and the values are still higher then average. Higher values should give more reading error's/you are more detectable. But, im playing online with them since and no problems at all.

Remember that scratches on a disk also results in a more worse reading hence non burned games can have the same " reading problems" and are still able to play.

Reactions: x182x

x182x

Dec 1, 2011
Thanks for the replies, both were very useful! Just one more question: If I insert and play my burnerd XGD3 games (the ones with the off range PIF Max value) on my XBOX 360, can I still use XVal 2.0 to check if I get a local ban?? This software is pretty old now and I'm not to sure if it still works :confused:...

-unknown

Jun 4, 2011
Thanks for the replies, both were very useful! Just one more question: If I insert and play my burnerd XGD3 games (the ones with the off range PIF Max value) on my XBOX 360, can I still use XVal 2.0 to check if I get a local ban?? This software is pretty old now and I'm not to sure if it still works :confused:...
Why bother checking? If you see your banned then its already to late ;)

If you want to be 100% sure, buy your games! Otherwise, take the risk :)

x182x

Dec 1, 2011
In case my console got banned and I realize that, then it wouldn't be necessary to waste time checking my burns with KProve 2. That's why I would like to be able to check my console's ban-status...

Last edited: