BLASTER CK3 Open Tray/E64 error with xFan

I was shipped a xFan from xconsoles that included a bad sata cable (the internal 90 to 180) that caused an E64 error which I replaced only to have the drive no longer recognize disks (an open tray error). The xDrive functions correctly if I don't go through the external switching module/ sata exchange unit and this is how I confirmed the source of the E64 error was a bad sata cable. I believe that the source of my new error is the external switching module. Does this sound reasonable/ did anyone experience a similar issue? I should contact xconsoles I assume, but I would just like to be able to tell them what parts I need. The power related parts seem to function perfectly, and its the sata side that seems to be problematic.

keil423

VIP Member
I had a similar issue with mine as well except that mine didnt give me an error code. My sata cable was also bad and I know this because when I hooked the drive straight to it I had open tray but when i replaced the sata with a factory one it worked fine. I'm thinking its a problem with the module that mounts to the cage inside the xbox but I cant say for sure.
I got ahold of Xconsoles on mine and they said to ship the entire kit back to them and they would send me out a new one.

Dont play with it to much cuz mine ended up taking out my drive with it.

I had a similar issue with mine as well except that mine didnt give me an error code. My sata cable was also bad and I know this because when I hooked the drive straight to it I had open tray but when i replaced the sata with a factory one it worked fine. I'm thinking its a problem with the module that mounts to the cage inside the xbox but I cant say for sure.
I got ahold of Xconsoles on mine and they said to ship the entire kit back to them and they would send me out a new one.

Dont play with it to much cuz mine ended up taking out my drive with it.
Great concept/design. I think there are quality issues though... Your last comment probably saved my drive; thanks lol. Was your purchase recent?

onelovekir

Dec 12, 2011
I am having the same kind of issues. I purchased 2 xdrives with xfans and so far 1 unit does not work. same thing, both supplied SATA cables do not work, but when replaced with a working one, i get the open tray "error". I am going to try the other one today after work but I will also have to try the cables without the module just to see if that works. any other ideas? I got mine from modchipcentral

onelovekir

Dec 12, 2011
ok so I pretty much narrowed it down to the SATA cable. so it is either the white board that you stick to the metal casing or the SATA connection coming out of the module. everything else works.