LITEON 83850 v1 Open Tray error need help!!

Metron

Aug 3, 2011
Hi!
I'm succesfully flashed my LiteOn 83850v1 with LT+ 1.91.
But when put back the drive, and place a disk(game) to the drive, at least it's spin for half a minute, and then says open tray error.

When I put a dvd(movie) the same happening.
Yes I tried:

-cleaning the disk,
-clear the cache,
-take off the HDD

but always the same.
So I need help with it.
Any advice?
Thanks.

piromaniac

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Molex tower
Same as diaboliq if u did remove it did u reconnect it, its just a precautionary measure so u don't burn ur laser

diaboliq20

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2011
Scotland
was it flashed before? If so, and it's been playing a lot of backups, it could have pooped the laser......
you could always try a POT tweek or a new laser maybe - unsure though without specifics of what lead to the initial fault

sp4rkst4rt3r

VIP Member
Oct 9, 2010
North-West (UK)
Removing Laser ribbon before flashing is purely down to personal preference. If you can provide any facts to back up the necessity to remove it I would happily retract my statement :)

Anyhow to OP if problem existed before you flashed new FW then you need to look at replacing/pot adjust your laser.....:(

Pfffft....was typing at same tims you guys....lol

Last edited:

cunny

VIP Member
Mar 8, 2009
North England
Agreed there is no real evidence to support the removing of the ribbon to prevent laser burnout.

However, how long does it take to do it? 2 clips and remove ribbon, less than 10 seconnds.

I think it shall remain down to user preference :)

garageinc

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2010
peterborough UK
Removing Laser ribbon before flashing is purely down to personal preference. If you can provide any facts to back up the necessity to remove it I would happily retract my statement :)

Anyhow to OP if problem existed before you flashed new FW then you need to look at replacing/pot adjust your laser.....:(

i have no checkable facts but the fact i use is i put a brand new laser in one, it played an original fine, flashed no ribbon removed as i forgot this time = DEAD

diaboliq20

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2011
Scotland

lol at the keyboard races there eh?
as for the laser ribbon removal I do it all the time now, but never used to...the older liteons have sh*tty lasers and burn out easily....I'm pretty sure a few of the TX staff have posted on this forum about that aswell.....but whatever works I guess lol

cunny

VIP Member
Mar 8, 2009
North England
As i posted before, how long does it take to remove then ribbon? Is it worth not doing it?

I used to flash before without removing the ribbon, had 1 laser die on me (it was hit and miss before) after some digging about, come accross teajunkies warnning.

Always spend the 5 seconds now to remove the ribbon :)

Back on topic, sounds like he got solid advice on where to go next, POT or laser change :)