LITEON 83850 v1 Open Tray error need help!!

piromaniac

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Molex tower
I'm not trying to turn this into a debate, however the first two litons I ever flashed 8series never removed the cable, and till this day I am still using mine no probs(touches wood) hence me saying a precautinary measureI i guess its just how patient you are really bit removing the ribbon is easy as pie, do it in future to save a tweek or laser

garageinc

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2010
peterborough UK
Why would I need to try it....M$ have re-flashed thousands (maybe a Million) Lite-on drives recently without removing any laser ribbons.....:rolleyes2:
yep and i've seen 4 fat and 2 slims that played nothing after the update. one mate sent his fat back to microsoft as it was under warranty and got a slim in return. i don't care how many they flashed till i know how many got returned to them lol

garageinc

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2010
peterborough UK
you should open it to be sure but its most likely a hop-1401. mod traders will sort you out nicely with whichever you need.
just check your ribbon for damage if it looks ok leave it.

Last edited:

Metron

Aug 3, 2011
anyway it's can be a problem that i haven't flashed back to stock fw when i update the dash?
(because i never go to LIVE)
Because after the update i had the problem.
Anyone?
Thanks.

diaboliq20

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2011
Scotland
lol - naw - just proves my point from earlier - I think me and garageinc can rest our case lol...if your console runs fine in every other way, I would just go ahead and replace the laser.....take it from there

sp4rkst4rt3r

VIP Member
Oct 9, 2010
North-West (UK)
Sorry - are you saying you had this problem before the flash?
yes sorry for my english
so - you are saying that after a dash update, the problem started???

hhhmmmm.......................
yes, u know something?
Please make your mind up......:facepalm:

I appreciate there is something being lost in translation here but please clarify which one of the above answers is correct :rolleyes2:

Metron

Aug 3, 2011
another question:
That noise when drive reads a disc(any) is very loud.
So the Laser make this noise? really? :)

diaboliq20

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2011
Scotland
you could always try moving the laser by hand to ensure it's free running CAREFULLY and without touching the actual optic, and then give it another try, but yeah - I think it's your laser

diaboliq20

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2011
Scotland

garageinc

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2010
peterborough UK
one other thing you should note is new lasers have a small solder point bridged to protect it from static in transit, this needs to be removed before use by running a soldering iron across the points, if this is not an option for you, you may be able to buy one ready removed from fleebay but could maybe ask mod traders to do this too, i dont really know if they would or not as it wwould invalidate the warranty most likely to transport it unprotected.