Original Xbox with Xecuter 2.6 suddenly stopped working.

CrystalHalo

Noob Account
Jul 5, 2020
Norway
Hi guys!

My original Xbox (1.6) with Xecuter 2.6 modchip has been working flawlessly for 15 years. It´s like a family member that me and my friends gather around in glorious nostalgia every holiday.

But, one month ago, it suddenly would not boot. I have never altered anything, nor have I booted the Xbox with the flash bios-function or anything. As far as I know - everything is as it´s supposed to be.

When I try to power on the xbox by the power button, the modchip lights up with its normal colors (green + blue on xbox left side), but nothing else happens. Absolutely no sound, no fan, no reaction. When I release the button, the light stays on for about one second - then disappears.

If I press the eject button, same story. LED-Lights - then after I release the button - nothing.

I am a tech noob. If anyone can give me any ideas or suggestions as to what the problem could be, I would be very grateful.

Also, if I am posting this in the wrong place, can you please point me in the right direction?

Best wishes from the above the polar circle, Norway!

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
Please set the BIOS switch to "Disable" and see if the console boots in to the retail BIOS.

CrystalHalo

Noob Account
Jul 5, 2020
Norway
Hi BL4K3Y, and thank you so much for replying!

I only have the following three switches, from left to right: 1. Chip enable On/Off - 2. Flash protect On/Off - 3. Bank 1/2.

I have tried to put the "chip enable" switch to off and on. The only difference is that the led is red when "on", and green when "off". (Just want to add that I have tried every possible switch combination. Only led changes. Xbox not powering up.)

As soon as I release the button, the led goes off. The box itself is not powering up. No fan. No DVD or HDD activity what so ever.

The only faiiiiiint sound I can hear if I lay my ear to the box is rapid ticking - like a tazer-sound. This sound also goes away when i release the power button or the eject button. I don´t know if it´s related, but an an orange led between switch 1. and 2. is flickering in the same tempo as the faint "tazer"-sound.

Does this mean it´s unrepairable?

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
It sounds like there is a fault with the power supply inside the XBOX.

You can either identify exactly where the ticking noise comes from and replace the faulty component(s) causing it or test a replacement PSU.

You should be able to pick up a replacement PSU for around €25 or pull one from a donor XBOX if you have one available.