Partitioning of external SSD / HDD

1timeGuy

Noob Account
Nov 1, 2019
Earth
Hi @all

I was wondering if SXOS can only access XCI files on the 1st partition of an external SSD / HDD (attached via USB on dock) or also from all other partitions of the drive if there are any? Is it best if drive / partitions are formatted FAT32, exFAT or even NTFS (think that`s impossible to access, right?) ?

I could barely find any information / documentation on USB SSD / HDD support when it comes to requirements. Maybe a sticky note would be useful for others, too.

Thanks in advance for supportive answers.

Astaynax

Noob Account
Dec 3, 2018
I am having issues with the usb hdd too. I have tried 3 different hdds and I broke down and used a small flash drive for troubleshooting, and I can't get the switch to even see the games let alone play them. I am not sure if it's an issue with sx 2.8 or not, I want to update to try and rule that out but I have moved and haven't been able to find my sx pro dongle and and rail piece.

Reactions: st9051

Hackerjac

The Minifigure
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Jun 2, 2010
Denmark
Hi.

Thanks but I am not having any problems. I just need more info if more partitions are accessible or only first partition. Which format do they have to be (idle)?
Only first partition is accessible, and you can use either exFAT or FAT32

1timeGuy

Noob Account
Nov 1, 2019
Earth
What hard drive do you use?
I bought an internal SSD and put it into an external 2,5" case. Any SSD and case should work. You will possibly need power supply for the case.
Only first partition is accessible, and you can use either exFAT or FAT32
Thanks, late but much appreciated! So won't try other partitions. By the way, first worked fine so far anyways!

Reactions: Gurkentopf