RGH "Patch NAND" with different keyvault... What about DVD key?

andoryuu3

VIP Member
Dec 19, 2015
Hi all,

I noticed in the patch notes for the latest Dashlaunch that some Xbox 360's *can* reach out to XBL servers with LiveBlock enabled. It was recommended that I should use a different keyvault if I don't intend it to be banned from XBL.

Cool, no problems with that. My old Trinity console bit the dust a year ago from a power surge, so I have an extra slim keyvault laying around. I know I could sell it (seeing as it's unbanned) but I would rather not bother. Maybe it's a waste to use the Trinity keyvault on my Corona v3, but I don't care.

I'm familiar with the process of using the "Patch NAND" function, and understand that this is the way I would spoof my keyvault. My question is, can I spoof everything and still have my DVD drive (LTU2/ODE) function normally? Or would I have to patch everything except my DVD key instead? It's the Corona v3 console in my sig-- I would prefer to have my DVD drive setup working on both NANDs without reconfiguring anything.

I've considered patching the NAND with the complete Trinity keyvault, then setting my original DVD key in the XeBuild options, but I'm unsure if this is going to work. I know we've got some pretty knowledgable people on these forums, so I figured I'd ask and see if someone has a clean, no fuss solution.

Bottom line is, I want to be able to use LiveBlock enabled and LiveStrong disabled (F lance armstrong) and keep my Corona v3 keyvault safe. No point in having a dual NAND system if I can't play on live on my stock NAND.

Thanks in advance for any information on the subject.

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
Drop the replacement KV.bin(Must be decrypted) in the xebuild folder of jrunner. patch DVD key in advanced xebuild settings, and enable NOFCRT patch. build and flash nand image. Test, and make sure the drive still plays games. all done. in all fairness, I have never had a console get banned, with liveblock, if I disable xbox live in family settings, but I also keep a banned KV on my nand, just in case.

Last edited:
Reactions: andoryuu3

andoryuu3

VIP Member
Dec 19, 2015
Thanks dude. I'll go ahead and do as you say and report back with my findings. Although I am curious as to what NOFCRT does on a technical level. I understand it has something to with slim console DVD drives, but beyond that I admit to being pretty clueless.

And yeah, about a year ago I also had no problems using only LiveBlock on my Trinity. I signed in to my Live account frequently while in game (never while using homebrew). I'm not sure if this "known bug" of Dashlaunch was around back then or not, but it never really concerned me up until now.

Anyway, better safe than sorry! Thanks again.

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
NoFCRT removes the fcrt check, which a trinity KV doesnt support. The corona drive has a copy in the firmware of the drive, and it will attempt to compare the one in the nand with the one one the drive. As the new KV doesnt support FCRT, it is easier to patch out support, then trying to patch it into the KV.

fellouri

Noob Account
Mar 5, 2018
look you have to change pcb and flash your dvd with 16d4s 0272 (firmware lt+ or stock) using your orig dvd key then you tick no fcrt also patch nand as osig 16d4s 0272 work 100% post result

fellouri

Noob Account
Mar 5, 2018
Ps:if you'd like to use your original dvd then you have to uncheck no fcrt but you will need your original fcrt.bin if you lost it then the only sollution for you is that what what isaid before

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
Ps:if you'd like to use your original dvd then you have to uncheck no fcrt but you will need your original fcrt.bin if you lost it then the only sollution for you is that what what isaid before
yup if running a d5s or hitachi drive you have the fcrt check and nofcrt will not work for you,would need to patch trinity nand with the dvd key and fcrt file from corona for dvd drive to work on rgh side.

andoryuu3

VIP Member
Dec 19, 2015
look you have to change pcb and flash your dvd with 16d4s 0272 (firmware lt+ or stock) using your orig dvd key then you tick no fcrt also patch nand as osig 16d4s 0272 work 100% post result
A couple years late, but... worth the wait? Not sure. But I do appreciate the input regardless. It's useful for a more complete understanding of what's happening inside my modified 'box.