PCB repair/key extraction for fried LiteOn 09C.. help!

Leviathan

Noob Account
Mar 28, 2004
Recently got a drive back from an installer and while trying to read the firmware I must have accidentally put the power cable in upside down (very stupid I know, still kicking myself).

I've included some pics of the damage to the board, it dosent look that bad except for the hole in the board where the C01 pad was <_< . I don't even know if its repairable.

I'm looking for someone in Canada (I'm in Newfoundland) who can either repair the board or if someone could get the key out of the drive for me with a quick turnaround so I can get a replacement. The installer did not dump any of the orig information :(

Thanks in advance.

ps: Tea I hear your the man for stuff like this. I'm going to be back in the UK so can you let me know if any of this is possible? I'd be happy to send it to you.

Side 1
Side 2

Last edited:

Martin3912

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2009
Canada Toronto Mississauga
Some one Please Call Out Tea.. Again
btw im in canada and im learning how to do that
btw the back side look not that bad

Leviathan

Noob Account
Mar 28, 2004
Yeah I thought the back didn't look too bad either. That's why I have some hopes of a repair :)

After removing the LT switch and seeing the job the guy did I think I would have rather done it myself. Have all the right tools and know how but didn't want to mess it up.

... mind you I did plut the power in backwards so that dosent say much lol

Leviathan

Noob Account
Mar 28, 2004
Just sent him a PM about a poss fix through www.ltrepairs.co.uk.

Someone suggested to me to follow the traces based on some pics and repair them that way but I'm not sure which/how many traces are damaged, for eg, I don't know where to bridge due to the fried C01 via.

The biggest problem now I guess is that the drive isn't getting any power. I don't know if that helps but I'm happy to do trace repairs myself if someone could provide some insight.

AntiSyru

Noob Account
Apr 29, 2010
i just bought my xbox and tried to attempt flashing it which became my worst nightmare. i have a liteon 93450c. first my pad101 broke off and after reading around tried another attempt. this time on the other side of the board which i think i messed up my pcb totally. i was trying to take off the epoxy and one of the small smc fell off... i researched around for a new pcb... i only found the 7 series. but will it work if i never got to the dumping part. i dont know my key! am i going to have to buy a new xbox?