TRINITY pesky Trinity won't boot cr4

john_papa_john

Aug 8, 2012
boston
OK so I've had a few problems and some bad luck with this trinity. I got my first cr4 a while back and I had it booting xell and there was a party at my house and someone curiously picked up my board and ripped a couple points off the chip but long story short he payed for a new cr4. So while waiting for it to come I attempted to try my rgx so I soldered the post qsb in and it was a no-go so anyway I got my cr4 all wired back in I re flashed the nand to stock and then proceeded to flash the hacked 16767 image with the CPU key I retrieved at the beginning now as for the template if you really want my Jr log I'll post it but its a mess since I'm working on a falcon r-jtag and a jasper. I am getting a solid debug light every 5 secs or so. The fans sound like they are revving not clicking when it attempts to glitch but it never does. I have soldered to the post qsb so many times I don't know how much more it can take haha I'm not too worried about it. I know how to not toast it(learned the hard way as did many of you guys I presume) but any ideas on what to try next im not too fond of trying to remove the qsb but will if I have to. I've tried dips 1-6 on each wire change and still nothing. Any suggestions people? I'd greatly appreciate it. http://m.imgur.com/34yHrde,qN3mSyN,qbjvXQe,WUaiq3k,sqhvFP4. Pics of my install in link lmk if you want better ones my phone camera isn't the greatest . thanks in advance!

john_papa_john

Aug 8, 2012
boston
I just checked continuity on green and blue and I think you're right that means I have a bad flash right ?and yes I ticked cr4 when I re wrote the nand. I will resolder the 2 jrp wires and re write the nand and will report back within the hour. good eye btw. And I'll attempt to recover the old one after I get this one to boot but it's royally screwed.

Edit. Hmm I now notice that the 2 lights on the jrp are flashing when I plug in the power before I connect the USB...I don't think they were flashing when I took the first read of the nand does that mean I'll have to create a new nand...did I just learn another hard lesson doh!? Writing nand now. Also I never actually saw xell I got it with the nandx update cable

New edit. I desoldered the 5v and flashed back to stock and red dotted first 2 boots and then booted with no video just audio with av cable but boots normally with hdmi maybe something else got f'ed up when he pulled the wires

Well...I regret to inform you I swipped the resistor C2C5 off underneath the 5v wire the one between my tweezers. http://imgur.com/s1NE9u7 ...and now red dots with no fans spinning with stock so I'm gonna chock this up as a failure until I can replace the resistor but this is getting shelved and will be a project for a later time R.I.P trinity hopefully I will resurrect her . does anyone know what kind of resistor I need for that point? No rush.. -_-

Last edited:

Nintendo

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2014
Spain
Well...I regret to inform you I swipped the resistor C2C5 off underneath the 5v wire the one between my tweezers. http://imgur.com/s1NE9u7 ...and now red dots with no fans spinning with stock so I'm gonna chock this up as a failure until I can replace the resistor but this is getting shelved and will be a project for a later time R.I.P trinity hopefully I will resurrect her . does anyone know what kind of resistor I need for that point? No rush.. -_-
First of all, C2C5 is not a resistor, it's a capacitor, i've just checked and you need to replace it with a 1.0uF capacitor. I recommend you to send it to a pro, maybe that's easier than looking for the capacitor and then replacing it.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: john_papa_john

john_papa_john

Aug 8, 2012
boston
First of all, C2C5 is not a resistor, it's a capacitor, i've just checked and you need to replace it with a 1.0uF capacitor. I recommend you to send it to a pro, maybe that's easier than looking for the capacitor and then replacing it.
Good luck!
Thank you I got this Xbox for repairing a friends old xbox and was mostly doing this as a test of skills and I do admit they're not as ready as I thought . I might have gotten too head strong after I had a very successful R-jtag install that I got the rater to about 2,1,2,2,1,3,1,1,1...etc and went kinda head first into this one. I will practice my soldering skills and in time I'll repair this board. I enjoy the skill more than playing on the console lately and want to better my skills. So practice makes perfect and I'll attempt this again after I get a little better

Last edited:

Nintendo

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2014
Spain
Thank you I got this Xbox for repairing a friends old xbox and was mostly doing this as a test of skills and I do admit they're not as ready as I thought . I might have gotten too head strong after I had a very successful R-jtag install that I got the rater to about 2,1,2,2,1,3,1,1,1...etc and went kinda head first into this one. I will practice my soldering skills and in time I'll repair this board. I enjoy the skill more than playing on the console lately and want to better my skills. So practice makes perfect and I'll attempt this again after I get a little better
Fine, when you are ready, i would recommend buying a capacitor like this because smd soldering is too hard to do without experience and if you don't know the size it won't fit.

Reactions: john_papa_john

john_papa_john

Aug 8, 2012
boston
Fine, when you are ready, i would recommend buying a capacitor like this because smd soldering is too hard to do without experience and if you don't know the size it won't fit.
I would like to report I got the capacitor and now have the console booting again. Thank you Nintendo for that info about what component I needed I will try to work on glitchng it again soon but this is a pic of it. This is the only good pic I got before I cleaned it and finalized with some hot glue. http://imgur.com/POM4ziZ

Last edited: