LITEON 83850 v1 Phat Liteon 8350c Flashed but Drive does not Respond

GamingJockey

Apr 12, 2012
Unknown
I have falshed many drives sucessfully before ... but recently when i was flashing my 83850c from lt+ 2.0 to 3.0 .. my pc froze at the erase portion and upon restart my drive was no longer detected ... i tried dosflash16 and i was able to flash my original firmware with the correct dvd key after countless attempts with both dosflash64 and jf but ... my xbox gave me rrod e64 upon boot ... so i reflashed with lt+ 3.0 with the correct dvd key using jf ... it flashed sucessfully ... i outro reset the drive and everything was fine ... but now when i connect it to the 360 the 360 hangs with black screen and the green led keeps flashing .... after nearly 3~5 mins it boots to the dash but the drive doesnt even eject nor spin ... if i disconnect the sata cable the 360 boots to dash but i am unable to eject drive or do anything ... even the disk doesnt spin upon boot ... but once in 50 attempts the laser switches on and the tray closes completely if half opened ... i dont know why this is happening now because i have flashed the same drive many times before on the same pc... please help ... i have been struggling with this drive for over 2 days and it is ridiculous ....

Last edited:

jsinger47

Troll Eating Dogs
Feb 6, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
Either way, doesn't sound like afw problem to me. If the drive responds at all, fw isn't the issue. He's got drive hardware issues

In the case of a spelling error, I blame Tapatalk.

GamingJockey

Apr 12, 2012
Unknown
jf log

:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JungleFlasher 0.1.94 Beta (320)

Session Started Fri Mar 29 15:25:15 2013

This is a Wow 64 process running on 4 x 64 bit CPUs

portio64.sys Driver Installed

portio64.sys Driver Started, thanks Schtrom !

Found 8 I/O Ports.

Found 1 Com Ports.

Found 6 windows drives A: C: D: E: G: H:

Found 2 CD/DVD drives G: H:

Loading firmware file C:\Users\<user>\Desktop\JungleFlasher v0.1.94 Beta (320)\key 107523393205\Dummy.bin

MD5 hash: 3d342f9f65239480a9a424c41210ff0d

Inquiry string found

Identify string found

Drive key @ 0xA030 A23BE9044364FE9D883EF97DDA79F21B

Firmware Osig: [PLDS DG-16D2S 0251]

Firmware is: PhatKey Extract

Auto-Loading firmware file C:\Users\<user>\Desktop\JungleFlasher v0.1.94 Beta (320)\firmware\LTPlus-0251-v3.0.bin

MD5 hash: d14fe82b96741b7a18e5c1e7adbf0a98

Genuine LT plus v3.0

Drive key @ n/a FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Firmware Osig: [PLDS DG-16D2S 0251]

Firmware is: LT-Plus 3.0

Spoofing Target

DVD Key copied to target

Target is LT - ID strings not copied to Target

Serial data already matches

Target rev is LT 02510C, serial info not copied

Spoofing Target

DVD Key already matches

Spoofing Target

DVD Key already matches

Sending Vendor Intro to port 0xE900

Status 0x80

Re-sending Vendor Intro:

Aborted by User!

Sending Lite-On-Erase request to port 0xE900

Drive returned Status 0x52

Serial flash found with Status 0x72

Manufacturer ID: 0xC2

Device ID: 0x11

Flash Name: MXIC(MX25L2005)

Flash Size: 262144 bytes

Getting Status from port 0xE900

SPi flash found with Status 0x72

Sending Chip Erase to Port 0xE900

Erasing:

Writing target buffer to flash

Writing Bank 0: ................

Writing Bank 1: ................

Writing Bank 2: ................

Writing Bank 3: ................

Flash Verification Test !

Reading Bank 0: ................

Reading Bank 1: ................

Reading Bank 2: ................

Reading Bank 3: ................

Write verified OK !

Sending Vendor Outro to port 0xE900

Drive is Lite-On..

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
I have to agree with jsinger47 - firmware is writing and verifying, so that's not the problem.

Check you've connected the drive back to the console correctly.

GamingJockey

Apr 12, 2012
Unknown
I have Connected it properly , to be clear 1) powering on xbox with dvd power connected but sata disconnected ... xbox boots to dash but drive doesnt eject nor spin green led keeps blinking constantly 2) powering on with both power and sata connected ... xbox hangs for 2 to 3 mins then boots to dash but eject doesnt work neither does the disk spin ... when eject is pushed solid green light blinks once and stays on.... , does anything happen if i power on the drive upside down (connector inserted properly) ?? And i can tell the drive is getting power cause the flash chip gets hot and there is no trace of anything burnt (i have never improperly inserted the power cable into the drive and xbox knowingly or unknowingly) ...

Edit:

i think the culprit is the Freeze during the erase .. cause it was only after the erase freeze the drive looked dead ... even though jf says it has successfully flashed the drive why doesnt my xbox ? even if it was a bad laser or something the xbox will give a disk unreadable error and i dont think the led keeps flashing ... this is my opinion but i dont know if it is the case ... and i am using win 7 x64 .. should i use win xp 32 for the flashing , will it make any difference ?

Last edited:

hilly360

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2011
DURHAM, North East. UK
sounds like you may need a new pcb. buy a working pcb or a spare drive and try flashing it with your key.

GamingJockey

Apr 12, 2012
Unknown
Ok .. i read in other posts that there may be some shorting leads or burnt traces so i'l have a closer look ... i have to mention that my sata port had come off the board b4 i flashed it , so i had to re-solder it back after fixing it , jf reported the flashing was a success ... probably some leads are touching or some caps are even my pc freezes with the dvd cursor when i hook this drive to the pc with 0800 v3.0 fw ... device manager sees the drive but i am unable to open my computer or anything since my pc freezes ... so il try and check the board for anything not normal ....

GamingJockey

Apr 12, 2012
Unknown
Breakthrough : my drive with lt 3.0 f/w works perfectly fine on my old rrod 0022 xbox ... it ejects , laser works and even begins reading disks .... i have no idea how and why this is happening ...

Edit

on close inspection i found that the dvd power port on the motherboard seems faulty ... i compared the ports on both of my jasper motherboards and found that the tray open/close pin was not matching with the rrod xbox on which the dvd drive works ... so it must be the reason for the hang during boot because it can't be the f/w since it hangs even if i have not connected sata port .... so can anyone please help me in fixing this ....desperate to play gears of war judgement .......

source : http://www.oocities.org/[email protected]/Public/Xbox360HC14.pdf

edit

using a multimeter i found that the voltage on the rrod xbox is 3.30 V and when eject button is pressed it goes down to 0 ... whereas on the other xbox the voltage initial is at 2.5 something volt and goes down to 0.8 v when eject is pushed ... so is there a fix for this cause i am only 0.8 v away from Playing Gears of War Judgement :)

Last edited:

GamingJockey

Apr 12, 2012
Unknown
well i used the xbox to power the drive ... but i had got this motherboard off ebay to replace my rrod motherboard ..