LITEON DG-16D2S Phatkey fail

newmember

Noob Account
Jan 22, 2014
Hi Guys

can you please assist here, i have been struggling for the pass 5 hour. i have tried all the methods i have learnt from this forum, but still no luck.

i am using ,X360USB PRO, Probe 3, and CK3 mini. and when a i am trying to extract the key.

a get a pop up "Phaykey failed"

PhatKey extraction failed!

Drive is Lite-On..
Sending Vendor Intro to port 0x0000
Status 0x51
Re-sending Vendor Intro:
Serial flash found with Status 0x52

Extracted drive key failed Verification !

PhatKey extraction failed!

PLEASE direct me to the correct way!

newmember

Noob Account
Jan 22, 2014
scott i dont really understand, the question.
i normally press, the probe 3 button after probing. if that is what you are probing.
adding information: a friend of mine flashed by drive before and after that i bought FIFA 2012, and for me to play the game i needed to update my XBOX.
after updating my Modding/flash was gone, i couldnt play copies. please help guys.

Last edited:

GeekHeat

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2013
lancashire
I know it sounds daft but make sure your connections are plugged in properly. I'm guessing u r probing the mpx01 point and your probe is lit up wen u do.

newmember

Noob Account
Jan 22, 2014
Hi

i just checked the video, and that is what i am doing excalty 100%, but i am failing on step 1.

PHATKEY FAILER:facepalm:

Oggy

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Mar 1, 2010
you press bthe button before probing.

newmember

Noob Account
Jan 22, 2014
the devices are connected correctly, i am probing the point mpx01

both buttons, the is only one that i press, probe 3 button. what other button must i press?

petlar

Sep 2, 2011
uk
adding information: a friend of mine flashed by drive before and after that i bought FIFA 2012, and for me to play the game i needed to update my XBOX.
after updating my Modding/flash was gone, i couldnt play copies. please help guys.
has your friend still got the dummy bin? if you could get that you wouldn't need to probe.

newmember

Noob Account
Jan 22, 2014
Guys i have question, i have Benq and Hitachi. Since i am unable to crack my LITEON drive,
can i flash the other 2 and use them instead of my LITEON drive.

GeekHeat

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2013
lancashire
U will still need the drive key to flash over to the other drive. U need like for like drive anyway. Can we see the full JF log.

Last edited:

newmember

Noob Account
Jan 22, 2014
so you are saying i need the LITEON DRIVE key to flash the other DRIVES?
and you also saying i cant replace my drive LITEON drive with HITACHI or BENQ?

GeekHeat

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2013
lancashire
so you are saying i need the LITEON DRIVE key to flash the other DRIVES?
and you also saying i cant replace my drive LITEON drive with HITACHI or BENQ?
yes that's exactly what I'm saying. The drive key has to match the key on the motherboard to be able to play games. If the drive key doesn't match then it will only play DVDs and CDs. So your xbox will only be a media player.

Where abouts are u located.

Last edited:

DankNasty

Noob Account
Nov 28, 2009
I am having the same issue with a lite on drive it just wont pull the key when I probe. Is it supposed to say dvd key verified before you grab the key like it shows in all the tutorials because mine does not.