Play online officially using emunand?

vendo232

Noob Account
Feb 17, 2019
United States
Hi
I have purchased online Nintendo account and I have MK8 dumped with original key which I want to use for online play.
I have to log in to my account but it is pushing me to update to 7.0 FW.

So here is what I was going to do.

1. Create an emuNand based on 6.2 FW and store it on my sdCARD
  2. update SXOS to 2.5.3
  3. Update SystemNand to 7.0
  4. log in to my account.
  5. boot to SXOS enumand 6.2 and play MK8 online using my Nintendo account.

Could this work?
Still a risk to get banned?

tokyo

The Panda
VIP Member
Sep 9, 2018
Bamboo Forest
I don't want to say that is a great idea. The purpose for the SX OS 2.5.3 was for those who accidentally updated their sysnand but had a emunand on 6.2.0. Even then, some users have issues getting it to work. 7.0 is not 100% supported yet with SX OS.

As for your second question, there is absolutely a risk of being banned. Going online even on your OFW playing your games that you purchased can still get you banned because you have dabbled in CFW. That's why a number of people have multiple switches. One for online OFW only and the other for CFW only. I know that's not possible for some ($$$), but that's really the only way to have best of both worlds without the fear of being banned.

Never log into any Nintendo server while on your CFW. That is a huge RED FLAG and will get you banned by nintendo.

So, my recommendation is, do not force yourself on 7.0. I would strongly wait till SX OS is 100% compatible. I know its a drag you cant play your games online, but it comes with the territory of modding your switch.

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
As tokyo said, if you go online you will for sure get banned. It may not happen right away, but it will happen. You can't connect to Nintendo online services on 6.2 anyways.

Reactions: sxflashcard

Velvet

Nov 9, 2018
So Are you still playing online without any issues?
As the previous member said, if your console has run any kind of unofficial software, even if you *think* you've cleaned up everything and use purchased or original cartridges, you will get banned sooner or later!

matrixneo

Noob Account
Jul 1, 2019
Hong Kong
Hey...I have been using SX OS since last 15 months so fully aware of best practices and norms on going online.

The question was more for the OP to see what has been his experience.

I have gone online multiple times and updated my games and Switch OS version directly from switch servers ...not banned yet but again I stopped going online 5 months ago....

the trick I guess is to not clean as thats what triggers Nintendo's.....I have seen many ppl going online and playing but never really got to interact with any of them...

so OP -- any inputs?

As the previous member said, if your console has run any kind of unofficial software, even if you *think* you've cleaned up everything and use purchased or original cartridges, you will get banned sooner or later!

Velvet

Nov 9, 2018
Hey...I have been using SX OS since last 15 months so fully aware of best practices and norms on going online.

The question was more for the OP to see what has been his experience.

I have gone online multiple times and updated my games and Switch OS version directly from switch servers ...not banned yet but again I stopped going online 5 months ago....

the trick I guess is to not clean as thats what triggers Nintendo's.....I have seen many ppl going online and playing but never really got to interact with any of them...

so OP -- any inputs?
Oh okay, good luck playing online.

sxflashcard

Dec 7, 2018
we are curious how long you have played online games already? If it is not long , then it still possible to be bannered .
I am curious how long you have played online games already? If it is not long , then it still possible to be bannered .