ANSWERED Please help reflashing Lite-on drive again.

Thenetvines

Sep 28, 2010
[SOLVED]Please help reflashing Lite-on drive again.

Read last post

Let me get straight to the point with details please:

I flashed my system long ago successfully, but don't know how to re-do it to upgrade dashboard, and firmware properly using the hardware I bought before (please, I can't afford to buy new hardware now).

My setup is:

Liteon DG-16D2S 74850C (now 02510C I guess) flashed with old LT 1.1.

Current dashboard: 2.0.12611.0

Xecuter CK3 Lite

CK3 Probe 2

VIA 6421 PCI Sata Card (Xecuter Approved)

I have had only used these tools once, and never again. I also have lost my key/dummy.bin looong ago with many reformats of my pc, and need to know what guides I should follow, and in what order, in order to reflash and upgrade both dash and firmware using only these tools available :)

My understanding now is vague, but I think I have to somehow do this, even though I don't fully understand some of the words I use:

First, recover a key/dummy.bin somehow using my probe, in order to flash a stock firmware for my system (which firmware, I don't know), after that safely update the dashboard online to the latest available (don't know which one), and then, and only then, flash LT 3.0 (latest?) somehow again using my current tools.

Is this right? Which guides should I follow? Can I actually do all of this with my tools?

Thanks in advance for any help, and happy holidays!

Ps: This is the original guide I used to flash the old LT 1.1:

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?51961-Liteon-74850c-Jungle-Flasher-Tutorial

Last edited:

Thenetvines

Sep 28, 2010
Your understanding is correct. Just follow the jungleflasher guide.
Thank you!!! I stumbled purely by luck a how to go back to stock section in the JungleFlasher tutorial under FAQ (pretty helpful).

Would you know what stock firmware I have to choose if my dashboard is 2.0.12611.0?

LiteOn_Post_13141? or LiteOn_Pre_13141? Sorry for noob question, I'm not sure if the 4 digit number refers to the 4 digit number in between the dashboard version.

Last edited:

Thenetvines

Sep 28, 2010
OK, I feel like such a noob, but I can't get Jungle Flasher to recognize the driver's properties.

Here's what I did so far:

Reformated an old LGA775 motherboard with a new Windows 7 x64 Pro copy, because that worked for me last time, and I installed all updates, NET Framework and such all clean from scratch.

Installed VIA Card, disable its driver, all good.

Enter F8 mode to disable driver signature enforcement successfully because dseo13b wasn't working, and got JungleFlasher to work with Portio64.sys all good...

Connected everything, and tried ejecting the drive using Xecuter CK3 lite, but has a hard time ejecting because it's upside down, and without the plate on... anyways I remember having a hard time with the "open tray half way" trick, and I thought maybe that's why it isn't being recognized... no dice.

I can get Jungle Flasher to show the Via Ports only, but I can't get the Drive Properties out of any of the ports listed.

Here's some pics of my setup:

IMG_20150101_213909.jpg20150102024853959.jpeg

PS: I'm not sure if trying an older version of Jungle Flasher will work, but I'll try...

Last edited:

Thenetvines

Sep 28, 2010
OK, I feel dumber now. I fixed it either switching a bad SATA clabe (the red one in the pic), or by switching to another molex plug, because the molex it was connected to wasn't powerful enough... I don't know which one was it (probably the molex), but I'm on my way to flash it now.

Thenetvines

Sep 28, 2010
Sorry for another noob question, but since I didn't back up my key/dummy.bin files, I need to extract key again, but I can no longer extract the key the way I did before because I flashed LT to it.

I don't really want to do the MRA Hack method because it's too complex for me. What would be the cheapest, easiest alternative right now? Just the Probe 3? Where could I buy it?

Last edited:

Thenetvines

Sep 28, 2010
Mkay, so forget the old MRA hack because ain't nobody got time for that.

Went ahead and made my own probe 3, which was actually pretty easy to make. Got my key back, returned to stock, updated dashboard to latest, and then flashed LT 3.0, because aliens.

20150115045102610.jpeg

Thanks for all your help =]

GeekHeat

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2013
lancashire
I like this thread. basically u have been asking questions, how do I do this, how do I do that.
you have managed to do it all by yourself without much help from here.
just goes to show that if u do some research and reading, then the answers are already out there and a bit of patience and understanding u can do it yourself.:smile:

Reactions: frayed