Please Help :(

Riddler2012

Dec 23, 2012
Hi guys yes im a noob but learning :). I have 2 problems now

1st is i have a falcon mobo which is rrod, i did the clamp replacement using genuine xecuter kit but no avail, now when i do the sync/eject the light flashes 4 times each sequence (0000) but couldnt find out what this means google keeps sending me in circles. So any clue guys?

2nd problem is i cannot identify my second mobo at first i thought it was a falcon because of the 2 horizontal coils but then i noticed the wire on the coils is red and instead of 8 black resisters next to the coils i have 8 small ones that are purple and silver? Anyone know what board this is? I did try uploading a picture 4 times but it kept saying upload failed?

Thanks guys
Steve

Riddler2012

Dec 23, 2012
Its a falcon thanks frayed, any idea why the coil wire changed from orange to red and the resisters from black to purple and silver, seems quite strange to be honest.

jrmyers2008

Aug 25, 2012
Ohio
are you sure the error is 4 zeros? you have to hit the eject button each time. otherwise itll keep flashing the first number of the secondary error

Reactions: Riddler2012

Riddler2012

Dec 23, 2012
Yes hit it about 30 times all together 4 rings kept flashing never changed to a different number, unles the error it has is stopping the lights from changing?
Thanks

jrmyers2008

Aug 25, 2012
Ohio
no it wouldnt do that. Held the sync button the entire time as well?

edit: Id suppose it could show all 0's if the console freezes while getting the code. it should go back to the rrod after displaying the last digit of the code

Last edited:
Reactions: Riddler2012

Riddler2012

Dec 23, 2012
Just tried again didnt realise you had to press them so quick lol so its either 0010 or 0001

Thanks

Riddler2012

Dec 23, 2012
Ok is it the southbridge with the cold solder joint or the gpu? I do have a reballing station but no solder balls will have to get on egay and wait 60 years for delivery lol.
Thanks guys

Riddler2012

Dec 23, 2012
Hi krafter, could this be caused due to rusted resisters above cpu and below the cpu? I notice 3 resisters that look like they gave a rusty cap for some reason you think this could be the cause of the problem?

Riddler2012

Dec 23, 2012
Thanks krafter, have 2 practice boards, both falcons so ill rip them off there and put them in this one thanks for all your advice.

Steve