Pokemon Shield crashes when using SX OS

strangeone1969

Noob Account
Dec 3, 2019
Austin, Texas
I just received my SX OS Pro yesterday. I installed everything like it said to, I start my game and am able to play for about 5 minutes and the game crashes. I have my SD card in FAT32, my switch is 9.0.1, and I'm using 2.9.2 At first I thought it was the cheat I downloaded, so I tried a different one and same issue.

optantic

VIP Member
May 2, 2010
haven't heard of any crashes before
game crashing or game working today then fail to work tomorrow could be bad/fake microsd problem
you could try : don't use any cheats or try another microsd if you have any

strangeone1969

Noob Account
Dec 3, 2019
Austin, Texas
I did shut the cheats off and no crashing. The SD card is only about a week old and in FAT32, I had bought it to try my first shot at homebrew and I'm such a noob that when I saw the SX Pro, I reformatted my SD card and started over with SX OS. I used a PC to do the install, but used my Imac to move the cheats over to the SD card. It wouldn't be that would it? Or did I add the cheats to the SD card in the wrong place? I put the SX OS file I downloaded in the main area and not in a different folder

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Mac and the Switch do not like each other. The Mac adds a bit to files for archiving and Spotlight I believe. You can remove them with a terminal command, but I am not sure what it is. I would use FTP if you only have access to a Mac. You can also use SX Installer to download cheats right on the Switch and then turn them on in the Album.

strangeone1969

Noob Account
Dec 3, 2019
Austin, Texas
I have access to a PC laptop also, that is what I used when I added the program to the SD card. It is an older one running Windows Vista with an old version of Winzip on it. I had deleted the cheat file I added with the Mac and readded them with the PC, still had same issue. I would love it if I had some one who could actually show me how to do it in case I did something incorrectly when I did the installation. Anyways when I first got the SD card, I formatted it and used the information on sdsetup.com on homebrew sd setup and had installed the Kosmos default software bundle they had (Atmosphere, Edizon, Hekate, etc) but I had no idea where to add the cheat file. So when I got the SX Pro, it had me reformat the SD card and then I installed the SX OS software with the old PC. Do I need to reformat the SD card and use a newer PC with a more current version of Windows and extracting software and start over? I have also had to have the dongle inserted to get the switch to boot.... Before I received the SX Pro, I did use PKHex to update my game file to give me 900 Master Balls, is that maybe the issue?

Last edited: